Art classes on Riv and Mar

Sabbycat

I haven't used the art classes but from what I have read here, no. You show up (early!) ... For one thing it has seemed to me that you don't know from one cruise to another who the experts will be or even what their area of expertise is.

Also, I don't think there is a charge for these classes (as opposed to the cooking classes), which is another reason just to show up early. Apparently the space isn't that huge.

I'm sure others who know more will chime in.

Mura

Again, not having used the facility myself (I'm a knitter rather than a painter), I would think that painting facilities would be available even if there is no instructor.

Knocking on wood in what I am saying to you ...

Mura

You never know what will be in the Loft

I have seen painting classes, crafts, photography

though never made it to a class as the room fills up quickly

I do wish they would have a sign up sheet with some restrictions on how often you can go so others can enjoy the classes or have it like the cooking classes where pay for use

JMO

When I was on the marina the beginning of last month, it was really very easy to attend a class. They were mostly on the sea days, at 10 AM and again at 4 PM. You could attend both classes, and continue to work on your projects. You only had to arrive about 10 to 15 minutes prior to the class. I went to a few of them and had a great time, even though my artwork was less than stellar! Amazed at some of the people's work!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just got off the Riviera on Monday where I did the art class. Classes are free, but as everyone said, it's first come, first served. Andre Allen was the artist. He does painting on glass, and his art is on all the Oceania ships. We painted on glass plates. It took a total of 1.5 hours stretched over 3 different time slots. I really enjoyed it and got inspired to do more. The Artist Loft, the space where the classes are offered, is always open. There was a separate table with watercolors, acrylics, oils, paper and brushes for anyone who wanted to paint. No charge.

Hi all,

I note that i can register for the cooking classes for my upcoming cruise (@260ish days out). Can one also pre-register for the art classes?

Thanks,

Sabrina

How does one register for the culinary classes please? All I can find is under the "Other Options" tab the info that "You have 0 Culinary Classes booked for this cruise"

I understand that they are popular and would like to pre-register if possible.

many thanks, Hilary

How does one register for the culinary classes please? All I can find is under the "Other Options" tab the info that "You have 0 Culinary Classes booked for this cruise"

I understand that they are popular and would like to pre-register if possible.

many thanks, Hilary

If you select the Shore Excursion tab, is there a blue button to the right of the message "You have X Shore Excursions booked for this cruise" that is labelled "Shop for shore excursions"? That indicates that Shore Excursion are currently available for your cruise.

Same for Culinary Classes. If these is no blue button labelled "Shop for Culinary classes" then either there are none for your cruise or they are not yet available. Don't know when you are sailing but these things are only available X number of days before sailing (I don't know O's current target) so you might be shopping too early.

Note though that this can change at any time. They can be added late. Also, if you miss out booking before hand, do check with Destination Services once on board and express your interest as they might add more if enough demand and suitable times can be arrange.

If you select the Shore Excursion tab, is there a blue button to the right of the message "You have X Shore Excursions booked for this cruise" that is labelled "Shop for shore excursions"? That indicates that Shore Excursion are currently available for your cruise.

Same for Culinary Classes. If these is no blue button labelled "Shop for Culinary classes" then either there are none for your cruise or they are not yet available. Don't know when you are sailing but these things are only available X number of days before sailing (I don't know O's current target) so you might be shopping too early.

Note though that this can change at any time. They can be added late. Also, if you miss out booking before hand, do check with Destination Services once on board and express your interest as they might add more if enough demand and suitable times can be arrange.

many thanks YoHoHo - we are sailing in August so will keep my eyes peeled for the blue button!

Art classes are fun to do on sea days. Free and crowded as people have said so do show up early. Culinary classes have a fee and book up quickly. I've already booked mine for end of July cruise to Norway. Found it impossible last time to book another class when onboard the ship--so don't wait.

Just got off the Riviera on Monday where I did the art class. Classes are free, but as everyone said, it's first come, first served. Andre Allen was the artist. He does painting on glass, and his art is on all the Oceania ships. We painted on glass plates. It took a total of 1.5 hours stretched over 3 different time slots. I really enjoyed it and got inspired to do more. The Artist Loft, the space where the classes are offered, is always open. There was a separate table with watercolors, acrylics, oils, paper and brushes for anyone who wanted to paint. No charge.

That sounds delightful. I find painting so relaxing and so would love do it at sea! I am not super great, but have fun just the same.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Forums mobile app

That sounds delightful. I find painting so relaxing and so would love do it at sea! I am not super great, but have fun just the same.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Forums mobile app

Yes its first come...no charge for materials or classes...I took a series from Graham Denisson, a former Disney master and he was stunning in has ability to teach. I have been on other cruises where the "artist" was so self absorbed that it was a waste. It all depends. My suggestion is that if you want to cruise and paint...I mean really really want to learn then you want to seek out the cruises then Graham Denison will teach....seriously excellent teacher.

Lets put it this way, I had modest skill.. at the end of several weeks he had taught us all sorts of professional techniques, and methods to the extent That I was winning awards in art salons with my works months later..., against highly experienced artists.... Graham is the guy to listen too... He would frequently let classes run most of the day if you wanted and would be there for personal one on one instruction.... You can take that to the bank!

Yes its first come...no charge for materials or classes...I took a series from Graham Denisson, a former Disney master and he was stunning in has ability to teach. I have been on other cruises where the "artist" was so self absorbed that it was a waste. It all depends. My suggestion is that if you want to cruise and paint...I mean really really want to learn then you want to seek out the cruises then Graham Denison will teach....seriously excellent teacher.

Lets put it this way, I had modest skill.. at the end of several weeks he had taught us all sorts of professional techniques, and methods to the extent That I was winning awards in art salons with my works months later..., against highly experienced artists.... Graham is the guy to listen too... He would frequently let classes run most of the day if you wanted and would be there for personal one on one instruction.... You can take that to the bank!

Oh, I don't need to be good or the best, but I just need to enjoy myself. It is the peace and zen that I find painting brings to me that makes me love it so! [emoji18]

With that said learning new skills are never a waste!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4