Yacht Club Rookie - YC2 cabin - Divina

mnolan770

After years of cruising mostly on Celebrity, we have taken the plunge on a YC2 cabin in the Yacht Club on Divina. After reading tons of reviews on the Yacht Club and more specifically on cabins 12001 and 12004, I couldn't pass it up. My wife and I have spent years cruising on Celebrity with a few other lines sprinkled in, including HAL and Royal Caribbean. However, now in our late 40s, we have a 1 year old child. Wanting to take him with us on a cruise, I started looking at lines that had infant/toddler programs. This narrowed my search down to RCL, Norwegian, and Disney. MSC only recently added a few hours a day of nursery care to their on-board experience. This new offering is what made me add MSC to the mix.

Traveling with our son on a cruise will create a new level of challenges. The size of the room offered, separate sleeping areas for successful nap times, bathtub, etc etc. Cabin 12001 seems to solve a lot of those challenges.

The 12001 cabin is a two room cabin that should ease the issue of nap times in the middle of the day. I'm really looking forward to the ship within a ship experience. We are cruising without our son on Celebrity in a few weeks. Then we will do MSC late in the year. Can't wait to compare these two experiences.

YOU HAVE THE BEST CABIN ON THE SHIP !

I hope you have it held. You usually have to book way ahead of time to get a YC2 or YC3 because there are so few of them.

We usually stay in 12001. The cabin next it is much smaller and is a connecting cabin to 12004.

The only reason we took a YC3 for later this month is that we are getting really old & it is a bit of a hike from the YC2 to the Top Sail Lounge on deck 15. You will be on deck 12. We will be right up the stairs from the lounge.

I definitely prefer the YC2 although no balcony, you will have floor to ceiling windows in both rooms with a fantastic view.

Leave the drapes open at night & you will be able to watch the sunrise from you bed.

Your bathroom will be twice the size of ours with a separate shower & tub plus 2 sinks.

You will have doulble the closet space and the dressing vanity table will be in its own space unlike the YC3 where it is in the bedroom.

Both of your rooms will also be bigger. They close off with solid doors so you really will not hear anything from the other room.

We are in 12004 the end of April. This will be our first time on MSC and we are pretty excited to experience the YC. It will be me and my 2 sisters. Our biggest concern was space and having enough room for us and even though it didn't have a balcony, this room seemed to fit the bill.

I hope you enjoy your cruise on Celebrity in a few weeks too!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you have it held. You usually have to book way ahead of time to get a YC2 or YC3 because there are so few of them.

We usually stay in 12001. The cabin next it is much smaller and is a connecting cabin to 12004.

The only reason we took a YC3 for later this month is that we are getting really old & it is a bit of a hike from the YC2 to the Top Sail Lounge on deck 15. You will be on deck 12. We will be right up the stairs from the lounge.

I definitely prefer the YC2 although no balcony, you will have floor to ceiling windows in both rooms with a fantastic view.

Leave the drapes open at night & you will be able to watch the sunrise from you bed.

Your bathroom will be twice the size of ours with a separate shower & tub plus 2 sinks.

You will have doulble the closet space and the dressing vanity table will be in its own space unlike the YC3 where it is in the bedroom.

Both of your rooms will also be bigger. They close off with solid doors so you really will not hear anything from the other room.

Thanks for the info. I did reserve that room. I wanted to make sure I got it before someone else. Looking forward to trying MSC and the Yacht Club.

Wow! Really? We'll be in that cabin at the beginning of April! I am happy to read such nice things about it. We are even more impatient now!! Especially since this is our first cruise ever.....