Storing car seats on board

traveler1980

How much space you have will depend on the ship and cabin. But for example, a lot of the minis have room next to the seating in the corner that might fit them.

You will be storing them in cabin so may have to be creative.

We've travelled extensively with car seats and boosters. In cruise cabins, we always stored the car seat on the closet floor, booster is disassembled (or bring low back with shoulder guide) and stored in a high shelf. We were in balcony or mini suite cabins and never had a problem finding storage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm sure if you have a small cabin and they are in the way the Steward could find a place to store them for you.

^^^This. I had an oversized stroller on my Epic cruise. The steward found a great utility closet around the corner from our cabin to store it in. I had access to it whenever I needed it but it didn't take up any space in the cabin.

Officially the stewards are not supposed to store any passenger items in crew utility areas (because people started to claim damages) and they can get in trouble for it. If one does this, compliment without details and tip accordingly.

Especially for small staterooms ... I've been joking about putting those 29" jumbo expandable hardside luggage, (seriously now) inside the shower, when not in use. Use a plastic bag to keep it dry if necessary. It is typically out of the way, not blocking access to the sink and/or toilet - and 2 big ones should fit. (First, why would anyone pack a full 29" suitcase for a typical 7 to 10 days cruise ... pack light, do laundry, mix-n-match, and less shoes, 2 to 3 pairs max, etc. Besides, that 29" case is likely to be loaded, 75 lbs or more - can you easily move it around ?? at all)

On the Dawn, Jewel, Gem & POA class ships, the closets for the OV & Insides will easily store two 25" rollers or spinners flat on the closet floor ... just stack the car seat on top, should be sufficient room remaining. Or, slide the luggage under the bed (floor space is at least 15" to 16" high on the *Away class ships ... might be slighly lower on the "older" ships.

Especially for small staterooms ... I've been joking about putting those 29" jumbo expandable hardside luggage, (seriously now) inside the shower, when not in use. Use a plastic bag to keep it dry if necessary. It is typically out of the way, not blocking access to the sink and/or toilet - and 2 big ones should fit. (First, why would anyone pack a full 29" suitcase for a typical 7 to 10 days cruise ... pack light, do laundry, mix-n-match, and less shoes, 2 to 3 pairs max, etc. Besides, that 29" case is likely to be loaded, 75 lbs or more - can you easily move it around ?? at all).

Multiple 29" hardside suitcases fit under the bed just fine.

We will have one convertible and one booster car seat with us. We will need them in one port. Will we be tripping over them the entire time in our room?

Be aware that even though you have them with you in port you may not find local transportation that has the necessary seat belts to properly fasten them in the vehicle.

Can the rental cars supply them?

They can, but they are often inappropriate for the child, dirty, expired, or the user does not know how to properly install the seat.

Please don't discourage the OP from bringing their own seats! I am a former Canadian car seat tech and have lugged car seats and boosters on multiple planes and cruise ships. We always found vehicles with seat belts to install our seats, even when posters on CC insisted it was not. A little research and patience goes a long way to keeping kids safe.

OP, have a great trip!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk