soda and more question

nanabananna

We've done it both ways and it really doesn't make a difference. We now make our decision based on OBC. It is my daughter who gets the package and if she has OBC, we buy it on board since she doesn't really have much else to draw down her balance. (Although she does get a kick out of handing the server her card at Sabatini's and saying: "I'm buying!")

We've done it both ways and it really doesn't make a difference. We now make our decision based on OBC. It is my daughter who gets the package and if she has OBC, we buy it on board since she doesn't really have much else to draw down her balance. (Although she does get a kick out of handing the server her card at Sabatini's and saying: "I'm buying!")

haha...that is nice "treating" mom and dad who probably paid for the trip!!

I have purchased ahead of time and they put the sticker on my friends card instead of mine. We got it worked out. Tumbler was in the room. Next time I just waited to board to purchase and really had to fight to get my free tumbler as they were running low. If I were to buy another one I would do ahead of time and hope the tumbler is in my room. They are nice insulated cups.

Candi

I see a couple of potential benefits... minor as they may be.

1) the cup they gave you will be waiting in you cabin. If you like the cup, you don't need to go back to your cabin to drop off your cup if you purchase it on board.

2) This one varies with the port. Some ports charge a sales tax. (Lauderdale is one) There is a chance that buying it on board while in port, that one might be charged tax. I think it happens if you buy it at a bar since the purchase is recorded real time. If you do it at one of the stations, your luck is based upon when they record the purchase. Either way, it's not a lot, but it could be the cost of a drink at the bar.