Couch Mattress - can it be put on the floor? (Liberty of the Seas)

My 1-year old sleeps on a mattress on the floor at home, and in an ideal situation I'd take the mattress off the couch in our Liberty of the Seas room and lay it on the ground so she can't roll off. We'll be in one of the newer Panoramic rooms.

Anybody have a guess on whether that is possible? I have a small mattress I can bring instead if needed, but that would take up precious car space. :)

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure they cannot be removed. When our youngest was a toddler, (he's cruised since he was 6 months, 13 now) I had an inflatable toddler bed that we took with us. It was perfect and easy to pack. And could slide under the bed when not in use. You might want to look into one. Hope this helps.

Maria

I don't think it would be a good idea to take the couch mattress and put it on the floor. It would take up a lot of room.

2 suggestions -

1) bring 2 pool noodles and put them under the sheets on the couch to stop her from rolling over.

2) bring a sheet and put it over the couch cushions on the floor

If I was driving - I would do both incase one didn't work well enough. You can always pick up the noodles closer to port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm pretty sure they cannot be removed. When our youngest was a toddler, (he's cruised since he was 6 months, 13 now) I had an inflatable toddler bed that we took with us. It was perfect and easy to pack. And could slide under the bed when not in use. You might want to look into one. Hope this helps.

Maria

We have one of these at my moms house - also a good option!!

I don't think it would be a good idea to take the couch mattress and put it on the floor. It would take up a lot of room.

2 suggestions -

1) bring 2 pool noodles and put them under the sheets on the couch to stop her from rolling over.

2) bring a sheet and put it over the couch cushions on the floor

If I was driving - I would do both incase one didn't work well enough. You can always pick up the noodles closer to port.

Very clever - I'm so impressed with everybody's ideas! I am less concerned with her rolling in her sleep than I am crawling face first off the bed on purpose, haha.

You might actually be alright when they make up that sofabed since the newer sofabeds are not like the older ones that fold down like a futon. The sofabeds in the new cabins are pretty much just a mattress depth once the open up. The back cushions are attached with velcro so you could probably make a bumper to try to keep her in. If you search on "Liberty panoramic" you can see some threads with pictures of the blue couches and kind of get an idea of what I mean.

Edit to add:

This link shows you the sofa closed.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/liberty-of-the-seas-389/panoramic-oceanview-cabin-240716/

Edited by reallyitsmema

Update for anybody who might find this thread later - I found several good photos of the opened sofabed in another thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=52500649#post52500649

Based on that height, I will probably work towards an inflatable toddler bed for our cruise and keep the sofa in sofa-mode. If nothing else it will be helpful when traveling to grandparents and such too!

We turned around the sofa in our room on Liberty to make a bed with one side tight against the wall. Not sure if you can do this in every room but it worked great for us. The ends were high enough to make a boundary.

Don't bother with sheets. Your steward will be happy to bring you sheets and blankets. Even in a pack and play they will use regular sheets.

Will your one year still sleep in a pack and play?