Do i need rain gear in july/august in alaska?

aloanldy

My rain gear is packed!, I did buy the Merrell's as was suggested. The guy at Dicks talked me into the boot kind instead of the sneaker kind. I hope that works ok. We nixed the rafting in the ports if we do it, it'll be in

You don't have much time but make sure you break this Merrills in!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My problem is the warmer clothes tend to take up so much space in the suitcase. I bought compression bags to see if that will help since I don't feel I really need to take two bags. One and a carryon should be enough in my opinion. quote]

Your warmth layer is the middle layer . Since it's not next to your skin you don't have to change it every day, so only bring 2 hoodys or fleeces. No one will notice or care that you wore the same blue fleece pullover on Monday AND Thursday. You can always buy a 3rd sweatshirt as an Alaska souvenier, If you're really worried about being cold, buy long underwear (leave it in the bag with the tags in case you don't wear them).

Most rafting vendors around Denali anyway supply booties and gloves. Check their web sites.

herfnerd - I have worn them out a couple of times to make sure I don't get blisters or that they're not too uncomfortable. thank you for that suggestion tho. When they came in my sister and niece and I all went walking with them.

Mapleleaves - thank you That is true. I am working on getting the suitcase organized and trying to figure out each days clothes so that I don't over pack and I have enough but not too much. I'm usually warm most of the time, so I think my hoodie will be plenty especially if i'm layering. i'm just getting so excited now that i'm not sure i can wait until next Sunday to get on the plane and head out!

Charlie

You've convinced me!

Ordered the (squealing) cutest pair of Sloggers today. And they match my rain coat perfectly.

I didn't want to risk wearing damp/wet shoes and I think I'll be able to just dry these with a towel.

(That's my story and I'm sticking to it.)