Anyone just back from the California coastal?

joeyancho

We will be on the Ruby next month and have a stop in San Francisco. Can you give me any info on the best way to get to the Walt Disney Museum. We cannot take public transportation with my husband in his mobility scooter unless their buses are equipped for it.

Thanks for the help

That might be an option. Buses are run by the SF Muni (SFMTA dot com), and they claim to be quite accessible. I'd try calling them and scoping out the specific routes before relying on it, though.

We will be on the Ruby next month and have a stop in San Francisco. Can you give me any info on the best way to get to the Walt Disney Museum. We cannot take public transportation with my husband in his mobility scooter unless their buses are equipped for it.

Thanks for the help

All of the MUNI buses can take scooters, even the street cars that run along the Embarcadero where the cruise terminal is located. In using the MUNI it would require a number of transfers & would be time consuming plus only one MUNI bus goes through the Presideo, the #43 Masonic. My suggestion is to use a taxi as some companies have lifts. I would do a Google search for taxi's & contact them to inquire about there service.

There is plenty to see at the museum so plan on plenty of time. They also have a place to get something to eat.

Any other questions please ask.

Tom😀

Bump. Still looking for someone who has been recently. There seems to be some confusion on the website as to whether the ship stops in Santa Barbara or Monterey

Have you booked a voyage yet? The April 11th 10-day sailing out of Vancouver, BC has an active role call and the last time I checked the Princess site they had a number of mini-suites remaining to fill. It was mentioned earlier that the April 11 sailing visits SB.

The Star Princess has been having a good season and the reviews of other recent voyages have been positive. There are some hot threads ongoing right now which document other coastal voyages this season which have been enjoyed by others. The Star seems to be well maintained, the staff seems very accommodating (although staff are cycling in and out with each voyage) and the food also seems to be well received.

Did this last October. In San Fran did Alcatraz in am and Love Tour (best tour ever) in pm and had dinner on wharf. Santa Barbara - went to Mission, and pier, San Diego Hop on Hop Off, went to Old Town (lots of Day of the Dead stuff), and Ensanada went into town shopped , drank and had lunch. One of our better cruises. (the seals in Ensanada at the pier were adorable and very noisy!

Hi thanks for the information. We are booked for Alcatraz as well in the AM. I have a question what is the Love Tour in the PM?

Being a west coaster , I have done this cruise many times

In the spring the weather can be cool. September/ October could be hot (one September it was 90 in San Francisco)

In Santa Barbara there is a shuttle bus you can take for 25 cents that will take you to some of the local sites (I usually ride this to the top of state street and walk back)- the wine trail (urban wine trail if you look for it on line) is also enjoyable

In San Diego there is a shuttle bus to take you to sea port village if you want to go, but it is a pleasant short walk if your able. the Midway is also very close to port.

In Ensenada I usually stay on the ship (or shop the little shops by the ship) that being said., I did do the wine tour once and found it enjoyable (through the ship)