Carnival DVDs?

tennboy1981

Wow- that just raised a memory! I can remember back in 1998 we ordered a VCR tape of the Carnival Inspiration before we went on that cruise! It was free from Carnival's marketing department and showed all the various parts of the ship and the things you could do onboard. We had that tape for years!

I would think this service would be obsolete since people have video cameras on their phones and tablets.

I read on a post here where someone said the Carnival CEO said, 'If enough people showed intrest in buying the DVD, Carnival might reinstate the taping practice', or words to that effect. I guess he meant they weren't selling enough to make it cost effective. A shame, though, we brought 4 or 5 of them when they were sold in the photography shop on the last full sail day. If memory serves me correctly, it was less than $15. The camera crews were experts at blending in the passengers. To watch over the years brought back so many wonderful memories. I, also, would love to see them start back.

Mac