Question about specialty steakhouse on Carnival

mlmalone3

I don't want to be one of "those people", but can I get away with a long sleeved button down with no tie and slacks for formal night? I hate taking a suit on vacation, but will do so if needed.

Thanks for the help.

Sounds like what my husband wears, well substitute a kilt for the slacks..... Very few wear an actual suit, at least any longer than to have pictures taken.

Sent from my XT1030 using Forums mobile app

I don't want to be one of "those people", but can I get away with a long sleeved button down with no tie and slacks for formal night? I hate taking a suit on vacation, but will do so if needed.

Thanks for the help.

My husband wears a real nice black cardigan with button down & dress pants .... despised ties

Thanks for the help.

Yes, you probably can.

I suggest a visit to the Carnival Cruise web site and see what they have to say about the dress code.

Yes, you probably can.

I suggest a visit to the Carnival Cruise web site and see what they have to say about the dress code.

Yes I have, but in my cruising experience what is posted on the website can vary greatly vs what you see on the ship.

Yes I have, but in my cruising experience what is posted on the website can vary greatly vs what you see on the ship.

I think it may best depend upon how you are most comfortable. For me, an open neck dress shirt and a blazer/sport coat is the appropriate dress. Surely, if you feel more comfortable in other properly dressed attire, that is what I would suggest you do.

We did our first Steakhouse visit last August on the Dream, which was our third cruise. We'll never skip it again, and might go 2 or 3 times per cruise. We don't drink wine, so we opted for 4th night, about 6:30pm. Almost had the place to ourselves, maybe 6 couples in there, all spread out to ensure privacy. The chef even sent out some extra sample size appetizers for us to try.