Question about specialty steakhouse on Carnival

mlmalone3

If you are forfeiting an 'all you can eat meal' somewhere else on the ship, probably with a value of $35, the $35 charge for the Steakhouse is really making the cost of the meal $70 per person!

I think it is a bit of a rip off, considering you have already paid for free food during the cruise.

On NCL we paid $20 per person for a speciality restaurant and it turned out to be one of the worst restaurant meals we have ever had!

We walked out part way through and got a full refund!

Have you even tried the Carnival steakhouse?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We always book the steak house on the first night. I have brought my children each time beginning when the youngest was 10. They love the fine dining experience and always well behaved. Best meal of the week but it can take 2 hours. Only once did I have a steak that was not cooked they way I wanted but was so full that I turned down the offer to bring another. The next thing I knew the chef came over and apologized and comped my meal. Was not necessary. Very relaxing and nice start to the cruise after traveling, unpacking, muster drill sail away, etc. Worth the money in my opinion. On longer cruises we will eat their twice.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Have you even tried the Carnival steakhouse?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Never been on Carnival! :-)

Like I said would rather use the 'money saved', towards a meal in Fort Lauderdale, South Beach or Vegas, where we are heading.

Dont you get to pick similar in the MDR?

Yes you do...I think the better way to look at it would be that the MDR is like dining at Casual restaurants similar to Applebee's, Chili's and/or TGIF and the Steakhouse is more like Ruth's Criss. Either the upgrade is worth it for you or not. If not, don't do it...if it is, then you'll appreciate it.

Dont you get to pick similar in the MDR?

In the MDR you only get the entree from the steakhouse if you upgrade for the 20 dollars , not the app, not the side dish, not the dessert and not all the entree's that are offered in the steakhouse are in the MDR. Also the steak does NOT come out the same at all. They do not have the same cooking devices, grills whatever they use in the Steakhouse as they do in the MDR kitchen I was extremely disappointed, I might as well have ordered the MDR steak that they have on their everyday menu tasted and came out the same

We ate at all the specialty restaurants on Norwegian(auto corrected it back);) Dawn and Jewel. If your talking about their steakhouse, I totally agree. It was the worst of all the specialty restaurants. But the Steakhouse on Carnival is completely different. I can't wait to eat there for our anniversary in May.

Sent from my XT1030 using Forums mobile app

Ours was the Pearl back in 2010, we had a good meal. My poor mother did not know what the waiter was doing when he went to put her napkin in her lap. I think she thought he was getting fresh:o. However, like I posted before IOHO we thought RCCL's 'Chops' rates #1 great steaks and service.

We have reservations in the steakhouse on NYE on the Magic, so excited.

Read on another thread that you can order a banana split for dessert in the steakhouse and they will also bring you one in the MDR if you request it. Any truth to this? I do love me a banana split.

Ok I have a question about the free bottle of wine, our cruise will not be leaving the first port (Long Beach/LA) until 6pm:(, but this is a two week Alaskan on the Splendor 2018:hearteyes:. Now will the free bottle of wine be the first night only (the night we leave at 6pm), or will it be the next night? My DW and I will try the steak house at least once (twice if we like it). We usually try and look ahead at the MDR menus to see which night (food wise) would be a good night to book the steak house. However in light of hearing they give you a free bottle of wine the first night, I think we should just book it the free wine night!..... winner, winner, chicken dinner! Although i'm sure the free bottle is a cheap bottle, but hey its FREE. Not even sure if the MDR will be open on the first night leaving this late???

On the carnival site, go to My Booking, then scroll down you should see.

Specialty Dining Reservations

Don’t miss an opportunity to experience one or all of our specialty dining options.

Reserve your seat now! Cucina del Capitano | Steakhouse | The Chef's Table

Found out why I couldn't find it. Not on our ship:(. Cheapie 4 day cruise. But, hey, it's better than no cruise.

Some of you mentioned you look at the MDR's nightly menus ahead of time to determine a good night to go to the steakhouse. Where are you finding the menus prior to boarding? Or is this something you're looking at once you're already on the ship?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have reservations in the steakhouse on NYE on the Magic, so excited.

Read on another thread that you can order a banana split for dessert in the steakhouse and they will also bring you one in the MDR if you request it. Any truth to this? I do love me a banana split.

banana split is on the kids menu in the MDR. you just have to ask for one. i didnt know you could get it in the steakhouse though!

you are in for a treat! Magics steakhouse ROCKS

I assume there is no penalty for cancelling a reservation (assuming you do it in reasonable time?)

I thought i was doing the right thing by booking a night at the Steak House for our first night - wrong! So now i need to cancel it. Will that be ok?

Found out why I couldn't find it. Not on our ship:(. Cheapie 4 day cruise. But, hey, it's better than no cruise.

What ship? We're doing a 4 day on the Liberty and have reservations for the Steakhouse.

Some of you mentioned you look at the MDR's nightly menus ahead of time to determine a good night to go to the steakhouse. Where are you finding the menus prior to boarding? Or is this something you're looking at once you're already on the ship?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

zydecocruiser's web site has menus.

I assume there is no penalty for cancelling a reservation (assuming you do it in reasonable time?)

I thought i was doing the right thing by booking a night at the Steak House for our first night - wrong! So now i need to cancel it. Will that be ok?

You can cancel on board or send an email now. We often go to the steakhouse on the first night.

We have just booked our first Carnival cruise and sent a request for the steakhouse reservation. Can you tell me what the dress code is? Is it always the same (on Princess it's always biz casual even on formal night in the MDR). Thanks for the help. Looking forward to this meal!

We have just booked our first Carnival cruise and sent a request for the steakhouse reservation. Can you tell me what the dress code is? Is it always the same (on Princess it's always biz casual even on formal night in the MDR). Thanks for the help. Looking forward to this meal!

The dress code is always the same throughout the ship wherever one chooses to dine.

However, some who dine at the Steakhouse do choose to dress a bit more on non-Gala nights. Personally, I wear a blazer with an open neck dress shirt on those evenings.

The dress code is always the same throughout the ship wherever one chooses to dine.

However, some who dine at the Steakhouse do choose to dress a bit more on non-Gala nights. Personally, I wear a blazer with an open neck dress shirt on those evenings.

I don't want to be one of "those people", but can I get away with a long sleeved button down with no tie and slacks for formal night? I hate taking a suit on vacation, but will do so if needed.

Thanks for the help.