Westerdam ?

vacation fool

Wondering if there are decks on the Westerdam that have chairs on the port/starboard sides of the ship where you can read and relax? Have been on a few ships that have that but some do not. We like the solitude that you can not get on the pool decks ;) Appreciate if any of you cruise veterans know. Thanks alot.

Promenade Deck is available to all. There are teak deck loungers with padding that you can sit on. Relatively close to sea level, so you can watch the waves, and sea life. Very relaxing out there.

Wondering if there are decks on the Westerdam that have chairs on the port/starboard sides of the ship where you can read and relax? Have been on a few ships that have that but some do not. We like the solitude that you can not get on the pool decks ;) Appreciate if any of you cruise veterans know. Thanks alot.

We just got off of the Westerdam last week. There are lounge chairs but the cushions need replacing. I have my own personal padding but those chairs could be improved.

As a side, Westerdam had a super crew . We usually sail Celebrity but HAL has the friendliest crew ever.

• 1 month later...

Hey all,

i`m pretty new here, so trying to catch up with all usefull info ;)

we will sail on Westerdam for the 36 day med cruise in just 2 months.

have been on Costa last year and we both liked it so here we go for a longest one.

booked directly on HAL website and i had only open seat for dinner as option.

I wonder if there is a way to book a table for the all 36 dinners for the late sitting?

would like avoid to have to make reservation every day :confused:

any help / views on this ?

Hey all,

i`m pretty new here, so trying to catch up with all usefull info ;)

we will sail on Westerdam for the 36 day med cruise in just 2 months.

have been on Costa last year and we both liked it so here we go for a longest one.

booked directly on HAL website and i had only open seat for dinner as option.

I wonder if there is a way to book a table for the all 36 dinners for the late sitting?

would like avoid to have to make reservation every day :confused:

any help / views on this ?

Is this one cruise or a combination of shorter cruises? If it's the latter, that might be why you can't book fixed dining.

Try calling HAL to see if you can make arrangements for late sitting now. Sometimes the website only offers open, but fixed can be arranged. If you can't get the change made now, see the maitre d' on embarkation day. The program lists a time and place where you can ask for changes in dining arrangements.

yes - its one cruise

36 day best of Meditearnean

ok, i`l try to contact HAL and see what they have to say.

i know about the fixed seat and i was looking for it when booking but only option was open seat - have double checked

update: have spoken to HAL representative and they put us on waitlist - i guess i`l need to settle that when on board

booking was made on December - sound a little odd to me the option was missing so early before departure

update: have spoken to HAL representative and they put us on waitlist - i guess i`l need to settle that when on board

booking was made on December - sound a little odd to me the option was missing so early before departure

I think they hold back some of the fixed spaces. Suites are supposed to get first choice for dining time, so they might be waiting until all suites are booked. Check your reservation from time to time to see if you've cleared the waitlist. Sometimes it happens before boarding. I'd call again around the time of final payment, when some people release reservations.

If all else fails, go to see the maitre d' as soon as possible. They do try to accommodate passengers' choices as much as possible.

Call HAL and see how far down the wait list you are. That will give you an idea of your odds.