Do all Carnival ships now use the card slot to keep the cabin lights on?

PlanoDebbie

On 3/27/2017 at 8:23 AM, SmoothFlying said:

Just off the Magic, Saturday and couldn't figure out the 'slot' system either on embarkation day (Stupid of me, NOT reading the post about the electricity sitrep on the Carnival threads, I had seen the topic, but thought maybe it was about the newer class CCL ships). When I opened the cabin door to see if that would activate it, a CCL rep was walking by and I asked him, 'Why no electricity?' He smiled and said ' No problem, sir, And he took out one of his business cards, stepped inside my cabin and showed me where the slot was and inserted his card and said, 'Now just press your button down and your lights will come on, and you can continue to use that card instead of having to leave your S&S card in the slot so you won't accidently lock yourself out. I silently thought to myself,' Just how MANY older (75+or older) will use one S&s cards for the 'slot' and leave their other card in the room and find themselves in that situation? I also wondered, IF this will save CCL enough fuel to offset the tons of confused phone calls and long lines of locked out passengers lined up at customer service desk? I guess some IT genius at corporate office, decided he MIGHT get a bigger office cube OR a penny raise, or at least a 'ATTA BOY' comment from his boss. 😞 Just wondering if ALL the other cruise lines have followed this route, anybody heard?

Mac

I first used this system on the NCL Breakaway a few years ago, someone who was in our group thought you couldn't turn off the lights until you removed the card, after a few nights stumbling in the dark to get into bed, I informed her that she could turn the lights off with the switch by the bed.