2018 pricing

rhsjr

I was looking at a British Isles (with Kirkwall) cruise and the 2017 pricing for a balcony was $2200 (June-August), but the same cruise for 2018 was $3200. Do you think that will come down later? Can't believe they would increase 50%

We're booked on a British Isles cruise in August 2017 and we have experienced a couple of fare reductions. I'd recommend you book now to get the cabin of your choice and then take advantage of any price reductions that may come along. You can always cancel if the fare isn't to your liking prior to final payment.

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

I did exactly as Lew above advised, booked a very good cabin with extended balcony on the Royal for June, 2018 with the future cruise consultant when I was on board the Regal last month. $100 refundable deposit, now just waiting and watching prices and promotions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

we cannot do that in the UK if we want to book now we have to pay the extortionate prices or if we cancel before final payment is due we lose the deposit. The only chance we have is wait until last minute and hope for a reduced price and suitable staterooms are available. The joy of cruising with Princess for UK residents.

we cannot do that in the UK if we want to book now we have to pay the extortionate prices or if we cancel before final payment is due we lose the deposit.

Are you able to purchase Future Cruise Credits (FCCs)? FCCs can be purchased onboard at cost of $100US each. If you use FCCs when booking a cruise, it will cover the cost of the deposit and provide you with an OBC to use during your cruise.

If you, as a UK resident, cancel your booking, you would lose the value of the FCC. The savings you would realize rebooking with a fare reduction would likely more than cover the cost of the lost FCCs.

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

2018 prices are high. It's the supply and demand thing. With the economy doing well more people are cruising. Our two cruises for 2018 are more than we typically pay. But, we wanted to get the cabins we wanted. We will watch for price drops. If they don't happen, oh well. They didn't happen in our category on our last cruise which was the Regal. They did happen in other categories. You just never know.

we cannot do that in the UK if we want to book now we have to pay the extortionate prices or if we cancel before final payment is due we lose the deposit. The only chance we have is wait until last minute and hope for a reduced price and suitable staterooms are available. The joy of cruising with Princess for UK residents.

I live in the UK and for the last 10 years or so I've always booked my cruises with US travel agents and saved big. Now the pound as tanked I am booking with U.K. To be honest even if the £ was still at a regular rate from my comparisons it is cheaper to book in the U.K. At the moment.

• 6 months later...

I'm looking at Royal Princess for Aug 18 and at the moment it's £1599 for an inside. I have actually done the exact same cruise a couple of years ago and in the March before sailing we booked at £699. I want to do the same cruise as hubby missed out last time due to work but wow what a differencein price. Trying to decide whether to book as it is £1599 plus only £199 for 3rd person in cabin (daughter) or risk a price drop closer to sailing. As someone said earlier in the UK we don't get price drops after booking.

I contacted Princess UK after posting and their reply was:

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your email.

If you have booked a cruise with Princess and the promotion changes, I can confirm you're more than welcome to change promotion only one time subject to £100 admin fee.

I hope this information has helped answer your enquiry and we look forward to welcoming you on board soon.

Kind regards,