Which would you choose?

winncruiser

Hi all!

Looking for opinions here

I have two different cruises on hold

For myself, my husband and our 25 year old daughter

We have all cruised several times in the Caribbean and the Mediterranean.

We all are sun lovers.

Choices are:

Alaska round trip Seattle on The Ruby July 1

With Glacier Bay

Mediterranean Rome to Athens on The Royal July 1

With a couple of ports we have never visited before.

Please share your thoughts!

Thank you

Winn Cruiser

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Alaska weather can be iffy. We were on Regent for a July 2nd sailing and the temp never got over 65 until our last day sailing to Vancouver. It rained every, darned day. The pool was heated, but it was too cold for anyone but a few teenagers. My husband had to buy a winter coat and I purchased gloves, a hat and wool scarf. I had friends who sailed in late May and they hit a heat wave of 80 degrees. Alaska is amazing and we enjoyed ourselves in spite of the horrible weather. Just be prepared.

We've done Alaska twice. A 10 day round trip from SF was our first cruise. Everywhere we went the people said we must have brought the weather with us. I wore a tee shirt in several ports. Our last cruise was also to Alaska. We did a 13 day connoisseur cruise tour. I actually bought a light weight sweatshirt in Talkeetna so I would have something warmer to wear while in Glacier Bay. We had beautiful weather for the entire trip. We are part of the small percentage of visitors who have actually seen Denali without massive cloud cover blocking it out. There were some folks on our tour who were there for the 5th time and this was the first time they have ever managed to actually see an unobstructed view of the mountain.Others have had very different experiences with the weather in Alaska.

The Med. cruise for sure! Who can walk away from the history, architecture and culture in Europe?! Also, the Euro is very low right now so it's a perfect time to travel! Alaska is beautiful but I would choose Europe over it any day! Think of the memories you'd be making with your daughter! Go now while you can. You never know what's going to happen in the Med. so go now!