Free Gratuities, TA OBC, Cel OBC, and Drink Package - How to be sure we got them?

cruz-in1

Good Evening,

We just booked the Celebrity Summit on a 10 day cruise out of San Juan. We have not been to the lesser Antilles for years and are anxious to return. Of all the islands we have visited, Dominica is one of our favorites.

This will be our first time on Celebrity. We have always wanted to try it. However, when raising a family, low price was more of a concern. So we sailed Carnival, NCL, etc. and had a blast. Well the kids are all out on their own and we noticed (what we thought) a great deal on Celebrity and decided it was time to give it a try

My questions centers around all the offers we got. We booked an Ocean View for $2200 (taxes and all). Our TA gave us $170 OBC and Paid Gratuities. Then through Celebrity we got the Classic Beverage Package and $300 OBC.

So my question is: How can we see that all these items have been applied to our booking? Looking at our reservation on Celebrity.com did not provide any indication. Any inputs and thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time

Good Evening,

We just booked the Celebrity Summit on a 10 day cruise out of San Juan. We have not been to the lesser Antilles for years and are anxious to return. Of all the islands we have visited, Dominica is one of our favorites.

This will be our first time on Celebrity. We have always wanted to try it. However, when raising a family, low price was more of a concern. So we sailed Carnival, NCL, etc. and had a blast. Well the kids are all out on their own and we noticed (what we thought) a great deal on Celebrity and decided it was time to give it a try

My questions centers around all the offers we got. We booked an Ocean View for $2200 (taxes and all). Our TA gave us $170 OBC and Paid Gratuities. Then through Celebrity we got the Classic Beverage Package and $300 OBC.

So my question is: How can we see that all these items have been applied to our booking? Looking at our reservation on Celebrity.com did not provide any indication. Any inputs and thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time

The easiest way is to bring a copy of your documentation with the perks. If there is a problem which is rare but can happen, you just go to guest services.

The easiest way is to bring a copy of your documentation with the perks. If there is a problem which is rare but can happen, you just go to guest services.

Thanks, I will do that.

Was hoping there was away to see them in my reservation on celebrity site...

Make sure you bring documentation from your TA showing all the perks. Last May on Summit the OBC from my TA did not show up. Luckily I always bring my documents that my TA sends me. I brought that to customer service,they told me they to check it out and that evening I got a phone message that it was all taken care of.

Laura

Thanks all..good Info...I will follow the advice.

Our invoice from the TA does list all the items.

Just kinda seemed a bit too good to be true. $2200 for the Ocean View cabin and over $1800 worth of promotions ($170 OBC, $270 Gratuities, $1100 Classic Drink Package for 2 and $300 OBC). With my TA invoice, I think it is covered.

Thanks again

Dan

Thanks all..good Info...I will follow the advice.

Our invoice from the TA does list all the items.

Just kinda seemed a bit too good to be true. $2200 for the Ocean View cabin and over $1800 worth of promotions ($170 OBC, $270 Gratuities, $1100 Classic Drink Package for 2 and $300 OBC). With my TA invoice, I think it is covered.

Thanks again

Dan

Your math is correct IF you actually purchased the beverage package but it doesn't cost X $1100 to give you the package. Same with the $300 OBC from X - it is non-refundable so if you don't spend it on the ship you lose it. If you spend $150 on a shore excursion, that shore excursion probably cost X $60-70.

If you look at your reservation on line - Go to Manage Reservation and click on that, on the right side of the page is Order History-click in there and you should see the Beverage package. Anything provided from your TA will not show on your reservation on-line nor will the OBC from X. As others have said take a copy of the confirmation your TA has provided.

There were some weird codes on ours and it appeared to be the premium beverage package but it was confusing. We called Celebrity, had them pull up our reservation and confirm that all the perks (minus the OBC from our TA) was there.

If you booked through a TA, your perks won't show on My Cruises through celebrity.com. They should be on your TA's confirmation, and those that are direct from Celebrity will be on the Celebrity confirmation that you can request through your TA.

We're booked a little over a year out as a "book onboard" in a Sky Suite. We received the Go Best promotion plus extra OBC that show on our booking confirmation from Celebrity that we received on the ship. Since we had a TA of record, the booking is automatically with the TA, and none of that shows on our booking online.

Your math is correct IF you actually purchased the beverage package but it doesn't cost X $1100 to give you the package. Same with the $300 OBC from X - it is non-refundable so if you don't spend it on the ship you lose it. If you spend $150 on a shore excursion, that shore excursion probably cost X $60-70.

If you look at your reservation on line - Go to Manage Reservation and click on that, on the right side of the page is Order History-click in there and you should see the Beverage package. Anything provided from your TA will not show on your reservation on-line nor will the OBC from X. As others have said take a copy of the confirmation your TA has provided.

Even tho you booked through a T/A you will be able to see the drink package as this shows. The OBC won't show, Like you I am hoping it actually shows up when we board in 2 weeks.

"Your math is correct IF you actually purchased the beverage package but it doesn't cost X $1100 to give you the package"

Oh sure. We figure to drink a few lattes/capachinos and 3 or so drinks a day. That seems to be about $40 worth of drinks so, to us, the drinl cards are worth about $800.

As far as the OBC, we usually use the specialty restaurants about 3 times during a 10 day cruise and the rest will go to a shore excursion or two...