Want to do a live blog on my next cruise

Azulann

I will have my iPad and iphone for picture taking. I want to write a live blog and post to CC during my next cruise.

What app or template should I use?

Waht have you used that works with Apple devices?

I do not want to use flicker or shutterfly. When I see posters photos using these sites on CC I find all kinds of pop up ads when I view photos.

I have tried to use wordpress in other areas,but I have all sort of problems with the format, not very user friendly.

Any suggestions?

If you use one of the apps designed for forums like Tapatalk or CC's own Forums app, it's much easier to upload photos directly. Yoy don't need to upload to a different photo sharing site first.

I do have the CC forum app on my ipad and will put it also on my iPhone. Did not know I could upload photos directly to CC using it.

See, I told you I am a newbie on direct blogging.

Thanks.

You lost me at the letters. :o

I only worked on a wordpress blog off my laptop to post a couple of articles on a different blog I was part of, and it took me forever and still was mising some items I wanted to be included.

I have a old ipad that does have the updated ios system from Apple.

I think I will stick with the CC forum app and see if that works.

I just want write a text, a couple of paragraphs, some pictures and be able to answer posters questions.

I have seen the Wordpress travel blogs and many are a work of art . I enjoy reading them.

WYSIWYG = What You See Is What You Get - Editor. :) You can make your posts and format them however you want in Word/OpenOffice and copy it over to your editor and it retains formatting. I created a simple cruise blog at teknoge3k.com that's done in all WordPress to give you an idea.

I have written a blog for my last few cruises using my iPad. I have found a couple of things that don't work the same on the iPad as it would on a Windows machine. Since you want to do a "Live" thread here on CC and add pictures TapATalk or the CC app are the easiest ways to do so. To save on precious internet minutes, do your writing off-line in either "Notes" or if you purchased it, "Pages" before you go on line, copy what you have written and then paste on your CC thread. Then add your pictures and answer any questions you may have received. I don't know if this has changed since the recent changes to CC but there was a limit (maybe 6?) of pictures per post. So you may need to have multiple posts if you have many photos.

I was very nervous about writing my first travel blog but quickly got hooked on doing it.

Good luck and have a great cruise!

One idea is to collect together a list of questions people are asking and have asked over a period of time. Then aim your camera at those things that people are asking about, effectively responding to their questions with a photo collage that provides insight into the answer.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

I have written a blog for my last few cruises using my iPad. I have found a couple of things that don't work the same on the iPad as it would on a Windows machine. Since you want to do a "Live" thread here on CC and add pictures TapATalk or the CC app are the easiest ways to do so. To save on precious internet minutes, do your writing off-line in either "Notes" or if you purchased it, "Pages" before you go on line, copy what you have written and then paste on your CC thread. Then add your pictures and answer any questions you may have received. I don't know if this has changed since the recent changes to CC but there was a limit (maybe 6?) of pictures per post. So you may need to have multiple posts if you have many photos.

I was very nervous about writing my first travel blog but quickly got hooked on doing it.

Good luck and have a great cruise!

This is exactly the information I was looking for. I will follow your advise and also get the page app to add to my iPad also.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.