How do I get Specialty Restaurant reservations while on the cruise. Can I make them

stipmom

Just go to the desk in the mornings & ask if there is any available that night

If you have a butler you can ask him to check for you

Sometimes you get lucky & sometimes not

In the mornings that desk is usually in Terrace Cafe just inside the entrance.

There are a lot of factors that will determine if you get extras or not. No way to predict as it depends a lot on demand of all the guests on that sailing. One cruise my butler struggled (granted late in the cruise) to get something and another I was asked twice if we wanted to go to this one or that.

You might read here that some posters report it is easy but that can led to disappointment or questioning "why cant I get one". There are too many variables to even guess. Being flexible with venue, time and joining another table will help. Bear in mind they have to lookup each venue separately and review the time slots so it is not just a matter of entering your cabin # and availability popping up on the screen

Be happy if you get one, don't be disappointed if you can't

Edited by YoHoHo

Just so you understand, you probably can't get additional nights on boarding day until later in the day. They generally are taking care of people that haven't booked any reservations online, there are always a ton of them. Having said that our experience is that it is usually easy to get an extra reservation for the first night. We generally never book that night in advance.

Unless you are in a room with a butler you would probably have a hard time making an extra reservation for thursday on a monday. It's usually for the same day, and you'll need to check back day to day.