Random act of Princess

dizlove

We seldom go to those idiotic Captain's reception, coz I don't drink. And timing is always bad. BUT a friend went, n I've never heard of her prize: being bumped to Elite status w/ mini bar set up n free laundry!! for the remaining days on board.

Anyone else heard of this Prize??

The only time I have ever heard of someone getting to move to the Grand Suite was on a short cruise. I think it was a 6 day Caribbean cruise and they had to play bingo on the first day which was a at sea day, and they had to have a coverall in a certain amount of numbers they did not get any money just the upgrade to the suite.

We seldom go to those idiotic Captain's reception, coz I don't drink. And timing is always bad. BUT a friend went, n I've never heard of her prize: being bumped to Elite status w/ mini bar set up n free laundry!! for the remaining days on board.

Anytime we've gone to the "idiotic Captain's reception" there's been a drawing to upgrade someone to Elite status for the remainder of the cruise.

Just got this! Any one here ever seen this?

4058024fad64aef928c3edb4b4e93ec5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nice! Other than a dinner in Bayou Cafe as part of a 3 for Free promotion, the most I've gotten is a special invitation to the art auction because it was my birthday. :)

Edited by mammajamma2013
I said "special" too many times.

Anytime we've gone to the "idiotic Captain's reception" there's been a drawing to upgrade someone to Elite status for the remainder of the cruise.

I have been on 30 cruises with Princess and I never seen someone upgraded to Elite for the remainder of the cruise. When did this take place just curious.

Tony

I have been on 30 cruises with Princess and I never seen someone upgraded to Elite for the remainder of the cruise. When did this take place just curious.

Tony

This happened to me on my first real Princess Cruise! There were 4 of us traveling together and the 3 who were under Platinum level were invited to the Princess Theater where there was a presentation about Princess and draws for bottles of wine and the big prize was Elite Status for the balance of the cruise.

I was taken to the Captains Circle desk and given a new black card and a letter with all the perks I now had.

I have only taken 2 Princess cruises and this invite and draw was on both of them. I thought that it was something that happened on all their cruises. Both of those cruises were 15 days so may be it only happens on longer ones.

Anyway what a way to start with a new cruise line. I loved it and even though I was only Gold on my next cruise I loved it also,

Edited by Adanac16

Tony

When there is a large number of repeat passengers, only the Platinum and Elite get invited to the traditional welcome back party (usually held in the aft lounge).

The repeat passengers who are gold and ruby get invited to a meeting (usually in the Princess Theater) where they are each given a coupon for a beverage. This is also where the drawing for the "elite status for a cruise" takes place.

The had that on two cruises we went on when were Gold/Ruby. You handed in your invitation to the Welcome Back party and the Captain drew one from a barrel.

They didn't have it at the Platinum/Elite party on our last cruise though, just bottles of the awful champagne.

Ahhh... So it sounds as if the "Elite for the duration of the cruise" deal is only available if you are a blue, gold, or ruby card holder. Once you become Platinum you are out of the running. I guess by that time Princess figures they "have" you. Ah, well. They definitely "have" us and we will eventually become Elite although it looks like we will have to make it on "days" rather than on number of cruises. ;p

When there is a large number of repeat passengers, only the Platinum and Elite get invited to the traditional welcome back party (usually held in the aft lounge).

The repeat passengers who are gold and ruby get invited to a meeting (usually in the Princess Theater) where they are each given a coupon for a beverage. This is also where the drawing for the "elite status for a cruise" takes place.

Obviously I didn't know that. Maybe I was a platinum member before they started this program but I think it's a great idea and good luck to everybody.

Tony

Friends of ours who are Elite were traveling with other friends who were on their third cruise. During check in (they were all checking in together) the counterperson came back with two extra Elite cards....bumped them up to Elite after three cruises----FOR GOOD! She called it "Fast Track to Elite". No kidding. We are platinum with many long cruises and wish it would happen to us!

Checking in for their third cruise or Elite after their third cruise?

While not easy to do, certainly do-able. We know someone whos first Princess cruise was something like 98 days long. They only needed a comparatively short 52 days cruise as their second for Elite on the third cruise. No more difficult (though a fair bit more expensive) than making it to Elite after just 8 days on Princess Cruise ships.

AE_Collector

Checking in for their third cruise or Elite after their third cruise?

While not easy to do, certainly do-able. We know someone whos first Princess cruise was something like 98 days long. They only needed a comparatively short 52 days cruise as their second for Elite on the third cruise. No more difficult (though a fair bit more expensive) than making it to Elite after just 8 days on Princess Cruise ships.

AE_Collector

They were CHECKING IN to their third cruise....maybe 15 days max? They were awarded Elite status, forever.

We would have loved it too. We have mostly taken 7-10 day cruises one 15 day one. We have done 2 HAL and 3 RCI with the rest Princess. The cruise this Spring will be our first Elite cruise. It has taken us 23 YEARS to get here. Our first cruise was on the old Regal Princess to Alaska in 1994!!!! [emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We would have loved it too. We have mostly taken 7-10 day cruises one 15 day one. We have done 2 HAL and 3 RCI with the rest Princess. The cruise this Spring will be our first Elite cruise. It has taken us 23 YEARS to get here. Our first cruise was on the old Regal Princess to Alaska in 1994!!!! [emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Congratulations! Stack that mini bar carefully, enjoy all the perks you've been looking forward to and have a wonderful cruise.

They were CHECKING IN to their third cruise....maybe 15 days max? They were awarded Elite status, forever.

If you look at post #29 and #35. You receive Elite status just for the duration of the cruise your on.

Not forever.

Tony

If you look at post #29 and #35. You receive Elite status just for the duration of the cruise your on.

Not forever.

Tony

Tony, I'd certainly feel less "shafted" if that were the case. It isn't what I was told, but I'll check. It gave me a very bad feeling toward Princess ....not for a one time thing, that's a great fun reward....but to jump over all the loyal cruisers out there on a PERMANENT basis seems a bit rude.

Tony, I'd certainly feel less "shafted" if that were the case. It isn't what I was told, but I'll check. It gave me a very bad feeling toward Princess ....not for a one time thing, that's a great fun reward....but to jump over all the loyal cruisers out there on a PERMANENT basis seems a bit rude.

I totally agree with you! It must have cost me at least $$$$$$$$$$$$ to get to Elite. We had a great time getting there. :) :)

Tony

I totally agree with you! It must have cost me at least $$$$$$$$$$$$ to get to Elite. We had a great time getting there. :) :)

Tony

We aren't there yet but have had many wonderful 12-14 day European and Asian cruises. These people had 3 5-7 dayers. We'll keep cruising with Princess but it does make me question whether loyalty is as appreciated as it once was.

BTW, my friend that they sailed with says they got Elite pins....doesn't that mean they are now Elite, for good?

We aren't there yet but have had many wonderful 12-14 day European and Asian cruises. These people had 3 5-7 dayers. We'll keep cruising with Princess but it does make me question whether loyalty is as appreciated as it once was.

BTW, my friend that they sailed with says they got Elite pins....doesn't that mean they are now Elite, for good?

Is that's all it takes to become Elite? Send me your address I have at least 10 Elite pins. I will be happy to send you one. :D :D

Tony

Not forever.

Tony

When I won the Elite draw, it was very much emphasized that it was for "this cruise only" I was sharing a cabin with my Mother and she got her status changed to Elite also for "this cruise only"

Unfortunately this was my first real cruise since i had only previously been on a 1 night cruise, so that while I enjoyed the tender priority and mini bar I did not at the time fully appreciate what I had won.

For the people that got the Elite status permanently after 3 cruises could it be that they cruised in suites and so moved up the loyalty ladder more quickly?