Everything.. Norwegian BLISS! - launch April 2018 -

We were just on the Royal Princess, and they have a Mardi Gras party each sailing. They encourage mask wearing so much that they offered free mask making sessons three days on our sailing. I wonder if NCL will do something similar.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

A bunch of us are taking masks, and there is a crew member on the Bliss 'page' that says there will be Mask making onboard.

We are getting a bit of inside info.

Just like its encouraged to dress 20s Flapper for the Prohibition show to join in on the spirit of the show.

I know this has been asked a dozen times but I can’t find it. When is the inaugural sailing? I am just trying to figure out when we can expect to start seeing more pics and videos from the ship. I am sailing in August can’t wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On my calendar at least, I've noted the 19th for travel agents, and the 21st for regular guests.

Tom

I know this has been asked a dozen times but I can’t find it. When is the inaugural sailing? I am just trying to figure out when we can expect to start seeing more pics and videos from the ship. I am sailing in August can’t wait.

There’s a media / travel industry cruise April 19-21, and then there’s a bunch of us boarding on the 21st for the inaugural transatlantic.

I expect we’ll get flooded with photos on the 19th, and expect to see some official NCL photos arriving before then.

And then 12 days of dark & blurry drunk photos from me.

Thank you!! Hope to receive an email soon. Did you bid? Are the offers reasonable?

We are in the Haven already and they only offered the owners suite as an upgrade. Range was 750 to 2000 per person. I did bid but not expect to get it. I am pretty sure they often the bidding as a just in case. Every Bliss owner suite shows booked for months in advance and it is also after final payment so I would think it would be rare if one opened up since there are only 2 on the ship

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

There’s a media / travel industry cruise April 19-21, and then there’s a bunch of us boarding on the 21st for the inaugural transatlantic.

I expect we’ll get flooded with photos on the 19th, and expect to see some official NCL photos arriving before then.

And then 12 days of dark & blurry drunk photos from me.

Can't wait

Thank you so much for the info and especially the photos. My impression is that the interiors are a step up in design and materials compared to the earlier Breakaway class ships. There is so much to take in I am glad I booked a Caribbean cruise next Jan to try all the things I miss on the First Alaska cruise. I wonder if the Breakaway will get some upgrades during her drydock to bring her up the something closer to Bliss? Can’t wait to book the shows.......and also figure out what to pack.....for Alaska. I’m rambling.....cause I am excited baby, Tommy’s red TA go.

People sailing on the 21st...have you signed up for entertainment? I know people were wondering when it would be available and I thought they were sailing in April...

Shows are not available to book for the Inaugural... Maybe the scheduling isn’t yet fixed... They usually have guest performers on Transatlantic crossings so those too need slotting in...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A bunch of us are taking masks, and there is a crew member on the Bliss 'page' that says there will be Mask making onboard.

We are getting a bit of inside info.

Just like its encouraged to dress 20s Flapper for the Prohibition show to join in on the spirit of the show.

I thought that they might. On Princess they let us pick either a white or purple plastic mask, and then gave everyone three mixed color bags; feathers, rhinestone, and sequins. If you wanted a certain color scheme, you had to trade with your neighbors. I made a mask, but didn't end up wearing it. There weren't many on the dance floor that had them on.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I will be posting a review with plenty of photos so you will at least get to see the size of the aft balcony and the cabin itself before your cruise!

Will you please post the Daily Freestyles too? I would like to see how the days go... Our family is booked for an Alaska voyage 6/2019 and we have what I hear is one of the "secret larger balcony's" on deck 8. I'M SO EXCITED FOR ALL YOU WHO ARE SAILING BEFORE US. I'm living through this tread (and the roll call for my dates). Thank You.

Thank you!! Hope to receive an email soon. Did you bid? Are the offers reasonable?

Bidding for my 6/9 sailing opened up exactly 80 days out on NCL. The email came a couple of days later. You won't know what other people have bid. You just need to decide what you are willing to pay. There is another thread with postings of what's been accepted as a bid. It can be used as a guideline.

Has anyone received an email to bid for upgrade on the Bliss? Cruising on 6/30 but no email yet?!?! Curious and Excited!! :D

Bidding for my 6/9 sailing opened up exactly 80 days out on NCL. The email came a couple of days later. You won't know what other people have bid. You just need to decide what you are willing to pay. There is another thread with postings of what's been accepted as a bid. It can be used as a guideline.

We have received two upgrade emails and we sail on June 2 (and our first email came at exactly the 80 day mark as well). We put in a very low bid so not expecting it to be accepted but will be a very nice surprise if it is. We only bid for an H6 aft penthouse (although there were several Haven categories we could have bid on). We are currently in a B1 aft balcony and didn't want to give up the aft view.

So if we don't get an accepted bid so be it. We are perfectly happy with our aft balcony. But it has been fun to at least try for it!