St. Petersburg excursion- help needed

Can anyone give me feedback on the St. Pete 1.5 Day package?

Is it mainly sit on the bus and drive past everything? Do you get to actually see the main sights and spend time at those places?

Can anyone recommend another package with or without RCCL that won't break the bank? We have 5 travelling.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

I'm assuming you mean St. Pete Florida? While I don't know much about the excursion, I do work in St. Pete so I would be happy to assist you with any questions about the area. Ask away!

I'm thinking the OP means St. Petersburg in Russia, but it would help if they would at least let us in on the ship name.

Assuming you mean St. Petersburg Russia there are lots of private tour companies that will give you a better deal and better experience than Royal Caribbean (look at the Northern Europe Ports of Call forum - lots of threads there. Given the size of your group I'm sure they will negotiate a better price with you - something Royal Caribbean won't do. When I was there last summer I was with SPB tours and found they did an excellent job - so I would definitely look into them. They are fast on the responses as well. Having said that - like I said earlier there are a few highly rate tour companies to choose from - just look at their itineraries and see what you want to visit.

Enjoy - it's a great cruise.

We are using Alla Tours next month. Price is $245 for two full days with lunch each day. They have offered a discount to those on our roll call. Ask if you can get the Cruise Critic discount. I have found them very easy to communicate with.

Another who had a good tour with Alla. There was a good mix of bussing and visiting places. Just realize that you will never be "turned loose" to be on your own in StP ... you will always either be on the bus or with your tour guide.

Also ignore the cruise line nonsense about visas and them implying that if you go with one of their cruises you won't have to look after visas. The private tour companies also handle all the visa requirements and provide you with the docs you need to go through Russian Immigration/Customs.

Also ignore the cruise line nonsense about visas and them implying that if you go with one of their cruises you won't have to look after visas. The private tour companies also handle all the visa requirements and provide you with the docs you need to go through Russian Immigration/Customs.

Yeah, the cruise director really played the "fear" card around visas and how it would take over an hour to get through customs, and how their tours had priority - in reality the time between getting off the ship and through customs was about 5 minutes.

I meant Russia. Didn't think any cruise ships went to St. Pete Florida. And what difference would it make what ship I am on?

Different ships may have different excursions. Also, someone may have been on the same exact ship and itinerary before and could relate their experiences.

I meant Russia. Didn't think any cruise ships went to St. Pete Florida. And what difference would it make what ship I am on?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app[/quote

Cruise ships leave from Tampa, which is a few mins away from St. Pete, FL

Can't help you on your Russia excursion but have fun!:)

We are using Alla Tours next month. Price is $245 for two full days with lunch each day. They have offered a discount to those on our roll call. Ask if you can get the Cruise Critic discount. I have found them very easy to communicate with.

We are doing the exact same thing on our cruise in July. Alla tours was recommended to us by friends who cruise all the time, and she is a travel agent who knows her stuff! So far I have nothing but high praise for Alla tours...so much that we have also booked tours with them in Stockholm, Helsinki, Copenhagen, and Talinn. :)