Getaway Live!! March 26-April 2

Gimmiethebeach

Boarding started at 11:20, we were on the ship in under 20 minutes. O'Sheehan's for lunch and a little time with a few beers in the Atrium and we were in our rooms at 1:40. Traveling are myself (Nikki), my husband Kevin and our twin boys Aidan and Patrick. They recently turned 16 and this is what they picked for the birthday spring break trip. We are in connecting family balcony rooms and it is so nice to have these two rooms and not all be crammed into one room!!

The internet is only letting me upload one picture at a time [emoji849]. The Getaway is on the new internet plans. I bought the basic that is $22.95/day. It lets me do everything I want just no videos, Netflix, music apps and stuff like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What are the new plan options? Thanks

43754e81d5e7ffb5070041604f9b163d.jpg

e7d7cab2b2e4d87cfcbceaef05f092ee.jpg

I apologise for being so APP challenged :o - Only recently moved over from Blackberry to IPhone (family pressure won and I caved). I do actually now love my IPhone despite my reluctance to move from 1990s Blackberry haha!

To OP and others reading - Q-: Can I use the Social Chat package to send FB messages and WhatsApp then to anywhere in the world (as per my data allowance from my provider). For example my daughter is at sea on another NCL ship at the same time as us. If we took this package could we message one another and the only cost would be the daily package rate?

Also do we need to take it for every day of the cruise? Or can you select specific days?

OP Thanks for the review and for the information - have a fab cruise!

Can I add a techy PS Question to that - IF we can - how do I set my phone to allow for FB and WhatsApp data but not calls? If my phone accepted incoming calls at sea I would incur horrendous charges? (I know - I'm an IPhone idiot!)

Look forward to your review and thanks for doing it. I will be on Getaway for a Scandinavian cruise end of August.

The internet package is per device or per cabin? If per cabin, how many devices do they allow? Thanks.

I apologise for being so APP challenged :o - Only recently moved over from Blackberry to IPhone (family pressure won and I caved). I do actually now love my IPhone despite my reluctance to move from 1990s Blackberry haha!

To OP and others reading - Q-: Can I use the Social Chat package to send FB messages and WhatsApp then to anywhere in the world (as per my data allowance from my provider). For example my daughter is at sea on another NCL ship at the same time as us. If we took this package could we message one another and the only cost would be the daily package rate?

Also do we need to take it for every day of the cruise? Or can you select specific days?

OP Thanks for the review and for the information - have a fab cruise!

Can I add a techy PS Question to that - IF we can - how do I set my phone to allow for FB and WhatsApp data but not calls? If my phone accepted incoming calls at sea I would incur horrendous charges? (I know - I'm an IPhone idiot!)

Currently only the Getaway and Breakaway (maybe Escape?) are offing the new new internet packages. But assuming you are both on one of these ships, then yes, you can communicate via FB messenger paying only the $8/day. When I signed up it did not give me an option for daily vs weekly but just charged my account the weekly amount.

You will need to have your phone on airplane mode and then connect to the ships wifi and you won't have problems with calls. I am still receiving iMessage text messages.

Sorry I dropped off last night. I could not for the life of me figure out what was wrong, I could not do anything online. It took a good nights sleep and some caffeine to figure out I had to log in again [emoji849].

Dinner was really good, Kevin and Aidan had the prime rib (it was prime rib night everywhere) and raved over it. Patrick had the pappardelle pasta with duck and it was great. Homemade pasta and everything. We didn't stick around for dessert as we were all full by this point. After dinner a little pool and hot tub time unfortunately had my slackass ready for bed!

It's a sea day today and clocks changed back an hour. I think. Not that it matters a high amount, but our meet and greet is at 11 this morning and the pub crawl at 2:15 so at some point I will need to figure out what the actual time is. I was hoping my phone would automatically adjust but it does not match the pool clock.

Currently only the Getaway and Breakaway (maybe Escape?) are offing the new new internet packages. But assuming you are both on one of these ships, then yes, you can communicate via FB messenger paying only the $8/day. When I signed up it did not give me an option for daily vs weekly but just charged my account the weekly amount.

You will need to have your phone on airplane mode and then connect to the ships wifi and you won't have problems with calls. I am still receiving iMessage text messages.

Thank you so much!

Enjoying your review - thank you so much for sharing with us :)

We just went to the meet and greet and the turn out was good. 11 officers plus the cruise director Piquito were there, although they basically left after the introductions. The organizer did a great job of getting everyone up and talking to each other so that was great. Thanks to firefighterdad for organizing!

I'm organizing the pub crawl which is at 2:15 today. Woo hoo!