Shipping costs more than the Princess feather pillows I want to buy?

FunforGin

Super disappointed!

Went to order the fantastic Princess feather pillows and covers, only to discover shipping to New Zealand is going to cost more than the cost of the items - unbelievable!

Now, I understand that it does cost more to ship to "down under" but that has to be the most excessive shipping cost I have ever been quoted!

Apparently Fedex isn't linked for international shipping on their website so I contacted customer services to get a quote, this is the response I received:

"Thank you for that information. The cost of the products would be $259.92 USD. The cost to ship would be $348.49 USD additional to the cost of the items, plus any duties or taxes paid upon arrival."

My response was:

"Thank you but I'm not going to buy anything that costs more to ship than it does to buy the items:) "

Okay, I'm sad now:(

Super disappointed!

Went to order the fantastic Princess feather pillows and covers, only to discover shipping to New Zealand is going to cost more than the cost of the items - unbelievable!

Now, I understand that it does cost more to ship to "down under" but that has to be the most excessive shipping cost I have ever been quoted!

Apparently Fedex isn't linked for international shipping on their website so I contacted customer services to get a quote, this is the response I received:

"Thank you for that information. The cost of the products would be $259.92 USD. The cost to ship would be $348.49 USD additional to the cost of the items, plus any duties or taxes paid upon arrival."

My response was:

"Thank you but I'm not going to buy anything that costs more to ship than it does to buy the items:) "

Okay, I'm sad now:(

Not unusual I'm afraid, often look at things online and postage is more than the item.

Maybe find someone sailing from US who can bring you one.

Known as UShop here you can order from America UK or China and have NZ post take care of it for you.

You get the items shipped to an American address which UShop provides, they then charge you the NZ post rate which applies to forward them on to you, It will for sure be cheaper than the quote you have been given. If you know the size of the package you can estimate the postage yourself before you order, hope this helps :)

If you full your pillows with $1.00 bills you might get a good night sleep. If you purchase them from Princess you never will for that price. :D :D Don't be sad with all the money you are going to save just take another cruise.

Tony