MUTS question

dockhl

Not listed on Princess web. The only way I always find out

what's on MUTS is if a cruise critic member does cruise review on a ship I will be boarding that they have been on, I will ask if they can provide what is showing currently.

Pam

Thanks, Pam. Seems kinda random but I'll keep doing the same :)

Thanks, Pam. Seems kinda random but I'll keep doing the same :)

In the past a pre-cruise email received a couple of weeks before sailing listed some of the MUTS movies. However for our recent cruise that entertainment email didn't have any movies listed. :(

MUTS are the same on all ships, correct? Is there a place on the Princess website that lists them, month by month?

(Seems like there should be :) )

Just off a long b2b. Different movies on each leg. It's up to the entertainment staff to schedule what movies will play and when from the available library of recent and classic movies. There isn't a movie every night, sometimes there are deck parties. Not every cruise is the same length, so there can't be a general list for the fleet.

MUTS are the same on all ships, correct? Is there a place on the Princess website that lists them, month by month?

(Seems like there should be :) )

I have seen this question, or one very similar, a number of times here on CC. Makes me wonder, do folks actually choose which cruise they book based on what movie(s) are scheduled onboard ?

...VTX-Al

I have seen this question, or one very similar, a number of times here on CC. Makes me wonder, do folks actually choose which cruise they book based on what movie(s) are scheduled onboard ?

...VTX-Al

Of course not but it's nice to know in advance what movie entertainment to expect so there's something to do when you've had 5 hours of sitting in the sun by the pool.

...VTX-Al

What a clever idea! Has it worked well for you in the past? :confused:

Of course not but it's nice to know in advance what movie entertainment to expect so there's something to do when you've had 5 hours of sitting in the sun by the pool.

Hmmm, you should think about trying that invention called "reading". It works for me. ;)

Nothing better than several hours with a good book. Reading, and the imagination that it creates, helps keep our brains healthy. Watching hours of movies can't even compare.

Hmmm, you should think about trying that invention called "reading". It works for me. ;)

Nothing better than several hours with a good book. Reading, and the imagination that it creates, helps keep our brains healthy. Watching hours of movies can't even compare.

I sure do in combo with my movies.

For what it's worth, March 5-11 on Carib P showed

Dr. Strange

La La Land

The Harry Potter spinoff with Monsters in the name

and others that I just do not recall.

Only 1 production show in 6 days, but ship was gearing down for dryadic, I guess.

For what it's worth, March 5-11 on Carib P showed

Dr. Strange

La La Land

The Harry Potter spinoff with Monsters in the name

and others that I just do not recall.

Only 1 production show in 6 days, but ship was gearing down for dryadic, I guess.

Thanks, Gloria!

Who has seen the Tina Turner Concert too many times òf MUTS ?

We haven't seen it too many times because whenever the Tuna Turner concert is showing we are doing something else. Never watched it. Never will.

We tend to find out what is playing on MUTS by taking a cruise and then reading the Patter. The old pre-cruise email with that sort of information was nice but seems to be long gone.

In my experience, if there's a movie I want to see playing on MUTS, it'll usually be at an inconvenient time opposite a show I want to see, a game I want to play, or my dinner. Or it'll be raining. And if I really wanted to see La La Land, I'd have sprung a few bucks to see it in proper Cinemascope in a theater with a really good sound system and a screen without dead pixels all over the place. And without drunks talking loudly as they crawled toward their cabin. Which is what I did.

• 2 months later...
In my experience, if there's a movie I want to see playing on MUTS, it'll usually be at an inconvenient time opposite a show I want to see, a game I want to play, or my dinner. Or it'll be raining. And if I really wanted to see La La Land, I'd have sprung a few bucks to see it in proper Cinemascope in a theater with a really good sound system and a screen without dead pixels all over the place. And without drunks talking loudly as they crawled toward their cabin. Which is what I did.

It's been a few years but on all the Princess ships I have been on, the MUTS picture quality has been terrible. I don't think they are even HD. Where do they find these screens? The TV manufacturers have been making only 1080p (and 2160p for the last few years) TV's for what, 8 years now? And Princess is able to find someone who makes these non HD screens?

Funny that you mention La La Land. If it was up to Princess, they would probably ask to get a cropped DVD so it would fill there SD screen.

15127_19.jpg

15127_9.jpg

Edited by Cinerama

I believe they are upgrading the screens as the ships come into drydock I know caribean princess was just down

Sent from my SM-G928T using Forums mobile app

I will be on the Ruby 12/2017 and it was in drydock in 2015. Probably the same old blurry screen but like Shepp, I don't spend too much time looking at it.