Live - Anthem of the Seas Spring Fling Cruise..3-26 to 4-3-2017

Thanks for your response to beverage package, really enjoying your live review

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thank you pichjoe! Glad it is enjoyable!

Thanks so much for posting live- it's fantastic! We will be on Anthem for the third time this September- so easy from NJ (we live here) and really great fun. Looking forward to more posts- glad you are enjoying! [emoji4]

Awesome podsnel! Yes we are from the Garden State as well and it does make it nice not having long to travel on embark and disembark days. Though sometimes waiting several days for nice weather make hitting southern routes better, but what better way to get to nice weather than cruising right :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the live review! We board the Anthem in April, our first time on this class ship! Enjoy!! :)

You welcome AZ glad it is enjoyable and have a blast in April!

End of day one, good night cruise critics and thanks for following along!

I have been a faithful reader, occasional poster, for many years. This has the potential to be one of my top 10 all time threads. I have just booked the Canada/New England route in October and you are priming the pump. Have a great time and thank you very much for such a thorough, entertaining and unselfish gesture.

Thanks Ready to go! After all these years we still have not done Canada. Have to make that soon, so have a great time in October!

[i have been a faithful reader, occasional poster, for many years. This has the potential to be one of my top 10 all time threads. I have just booked the Canada/New England route in October and you are priming the pump. Have a great time and thank you very much for such a thorough, entertaining and unselfish gesture.

I AGREE 100 %

As for your final video of the day, what a great way to encapsulate your day. I'd love to know what app or program you used.

Thanks amkras! So far I have used my iPhone7 for photos, it is just easier than using my camera and then downloading them any more.

For the video I use imovie on iPhone and iPad and if at home final cut pro on a mac, but on the ship just iMovie.

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone and glad it is enjoyable. Live taking pictures and wandering around, so this is fun for me as I explore!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good morning Cruise Critics! Welcome to day two from Anthem of the Seas! Today is a sea day so let's see what there is to see on Anthem!

Good morning sunshine...

Good Morning Seadog!! FABULOUS video. Are you just shooting with an iphone, uploading to youtube and then linking?

Thanks Bermudabound! Yes that is exactly the process. Videos take a bit to upload to yt though, longer than I expected, but otherwise it is wayyy better than other ships.

I enjoyed reading all about Day 1 and seeing the pictures. Nice video ending. Looks like you have a nice sunny day on tap for Day 2. Enjoy :cool:

Enjoying your review and insight! I want to follow along!

Thanks glad it is enjoyable! Just finished a hunt for coffee

Now to plan the day....

Edited by seadog67

Loving it!

Thanks!

Stopped in Cafe' 270 for breakfast, they have bagels, and various light breakfast items

f75521189e895757ed8ce6cdd4209e65.jpg

b2f3f371f320556bea1164dc249290a2.jpg

476cdc3bdfa152d8bc7bab41400c6a91.jpg

16892723aaa492008370833995bae1d9.jpg

Royal Egg Mcmuffin 3.5 out of 5 Forks

Burrito- 3 out of 5 Forks

942da5561c8338144d2ecf6611e95e41.jpg

They place the sandwiches in a panini press to warm them, very nice!

Now to find some activities...

Great Live Thread. Thanks so much for doing this. I feel like I'm back aboard! Enjoy - Anthem is a great ship!

Thanks Frick&Frack! We are enjoying!

Changing our Latitude to improve our Attitude!

Did not realize they started having life guards:

46bea2938f421a70a73d2862377cbca7.jpg

Looks like you've got a beautiful second day ahead of you!! Such a gorgeous view! :)

Yeah it is very nice, as soon as the sun gets to us it will be perfect. Bonus day as we thought it would be to chilly to lay by the pool the first day.

Kids are in the pool, they are braver than us. Has to be cold :)

seadog67 - thanks for the great live review. I'm heading out on Anthem at the end of April, so this is all great to see ahead of time!

Awesome whalers, glad it is enjoyable. Maybe a bit less action for a bit as we are chillin by the pool.

Later tonight we see the show The Gift, and later in the week we are doing the full backstage tour.

Tomorrow we were deciding between a Disney Shuttle Run or Cocoa Beach. Since we arrive in PC at noon we chose Cocoa Beach as we do not think it was worth rushing to Disney late afternoon. We did the Disney shuttle on our 8 day Quantum sailing several years ago as we arrived at 6am and were at Disney at 9 am upon opening giving us a full day, much better value.

OP the pics are the exact type of pics i love to read in a review. menus are so worth 1000 words.

forgive if you said before but how many in your party? reason i ask is the bed is by the bathroom. i had assumed for 2 ppl that beds are by the balcony. i have a d7 hump reserved.

Changing our Latitude to improve our Attitude!

Did not realize they started having life guards:

An 8-year-old boy died after a near-drowning on the Anthem last July.

A 72-year-old woman had a near-drowning incident in August and the ship sped up to arrive back in Bayonne early so as to get the woman the attention she needed, although some say she died on the ship on the way back.

The lifeguards started showing up ship by ship in February and will roll out until June when all will have them on board and only as lifeguards. They will have no other jobs on board according to what I read.

Enjoying your LIVE! review. :cool:

OP the pics are the exact type of pics i love to read in a review. menus are so worth 1000 words.

forgive if you said before but how many in your party? reason i ask is the bed is by the bathroom. i had assumed for 2 ppl that beds are by the balcony. i have a d7 hump reserved.

Thank you lucky! We are 2 in the party. I am not sure what determines bed placement by category.

An 8-year-old boy died after a near-drowning on the Anthem last July.

A 72-year-old woman had a near-drowning incident in August and the ship sped up to arrive back in Bayonne early so as to get the woman the attention she needed, although some say she died on the ship on the way back.

The lifeguards started showing up ship by ship in February and will roll out until June when all will have them on board and only as lifeguards. They will have no other jobs on board according to what I read.

Enjoying your LIVE! review. :cool:

Thanks for the info. I think it is a good needed addition!

Glad you are enjoying!

Day 2 Compass

8234ce8b2d5347fc444c26c1db684578.jpg

eb040a47fe7ecca9901dd00f5f5f6f67.jpg

2b44d830d971cc56701c546141ae8bd7.jpg

ccce209d7277553a942fab897971457a.jpg

b39356994fd657ea65b36e4f221b44dc.jpg

e2aeb45638cdb1d40d80a9c588e922db.jpg

Still looking to get the internet price per day confirmed but I think from what I have seen it is only pay as you go or a full trip package but I will check with the IT manager to be sure.

Also looking into dining packages question also.