Is July a good time to cruise?

Vegasgreg19

sir, do you own a boat in the Caribbean? This is their rates and have been for over 20 years. I am just glad I don't have 2 extra months of hurricane charges. You have no idea, we are talking apples and oranges. Noaa has their official dates but the insurance companies do not enforce their rules until July 1, let it go. Call Bobbies in St.Martin, $600 a month until July 1, $700 until november 1.

One of the reasons the roll call might be dead is that during peak "kids" time, you'll find alot of families cruising for the first time. If you are travelling with kids, July will be a great time as they will have many people their age on the ship as well. If you are travelling without kids...you'll notice how many kids are on the ship for sure.

Other factors for July...certainly will be very hot and certainly during hurricane season, so go into the whole trip with knowing your ports might end up changing. While July isn't peak season yet, I know the only time I was on a ship that was diverted was in June, so it does happen.

I wouldn't want to cruise in July. We love cruising in January, it's generally cooler and less children.

Problem with cruising in January is colder water. We just cruised Cozumel - Bahamas - St Thomas - Dominica - Grenada - Curacao - Bonaire. In deeper Caribbeans water was comfortable, in Cozumel, St Thomas and Princess Cay not much.

We sailed from Ft Lauderdale and air temperature was about 65f.

sir, do you own a boat in the Caribbean? This is their rates and have been for over 20 years. I am just glad I don't have 2 extra months of hurricane charges. You have no idea, we are talking apples and oranges. Noaa has their official dates but the insurance companies do not enforce their rules until July 1, let it go. Call Bobbies in St.Martin, $600 a month until July 1, $700 until november 1.

This will be my last post to you, ever.

I just want to say that posts like this from people like you are why Cruise Critic gets a bad name.

The poster asked for information regarding the time of year they are sailing, not your insurance. Telling me I don't know what I am talking about because I am not a boat owner in the Caribbean is just plain rude. It is also an insult. Try living through a direct hit of a hurricane then tell me I do not know what I am talking about.

The recognized time for apparently everyone but your insurance company for Hurricane season is June 1 - Nov 30th. The OP should be aware of this, and not have to listen to you rant about your insurance... I can tell you I really don't care about your insurance, while on the flip side I do care about the fact that we can get Hurricane or Tropical storms starting in June.

To the OP. I think you will be fine in early July. Just as others have said, it will be hot, and lots of families. You might also get to see exciting new ports, if you get re-routed.

Problem with cruising in January is colder water. We just cruised Cozumel - Bahamas - St Thomas - Dominica - Grenada - Curacao - Bonaire. In deeper Caribbeans water was comfortable, in Cozumel, St Thomas and Princess Cay not much.

Agree!

Thanks to all who have replied.

While this cruise on July 1st was not our ideal week, it was the only time that we could all get 6 peoples schedules to line up with. This is a graduation present for our daughter who is graduating from college in May but starts Nursing school two days later and her only break was in July. I knew it would be hot but we are gluttons for punishment I guess because being from Colorado where there is no humidity, we have opted for this cruise then 3 days at Universal studios! We should get our fill of humidity for the next 2 years! LOL! So thanks for the info so far to everyone who has offered up any.

My next question is Do they do anything special for 4th of July on board? I can't imagine that fireworks being shot off a boat is a great idea but you never know!

We're taking the Miracle to the Mexican Riviera July 8th and I expect it to be hot and humid in Mexico but I'm wondering if anyone knows what it will be like on the ship or at sea? Is it too hot and humid at sea to use the balcony? We're from Denver so we have what seems like 15% humidity here and the heat/humidity really slaps me in the face while in Mexico! It's my husband's birthday so we chose to sail on the actual date to get some friends to go.

Do they allow kids in the new sports bar or the red frog bar? We never vacation when kids are out of school so this one will be a new adventure all around I think.

Thanks.

Thanks to all who have replied.

While this cruise on July 1st was not our ideal week, it was the only time that we could all get 6 peoples schedules to line up with. This is a graduation present for our daughter who is graduating from college in May but starts Nursing school two days later and her only break was in July. I knew it would be hot but we are gluttons for punishment I guess because being from Colorado where there is no humidity, we have opted for this cruise then 3 days at Universal studios! We should get our fill of humidity for the next 2 years! LOL! So thanks for the info so far to everyone who has offered up any.

My next question is Do they do anything special for 4th of July on board? I can't imagine that fireworks being shot off a boat is a great idea but you never know!

We have done 1 July 4th cruise. They had a special party, a special "American" Themed frozen drink, a couple of other small things. They were giving out mini flags, and other party favors.. It was a fun party.

I am pretty sure the MDR had something special for dinner that night too.

The only line that is allowed to shoot of fireworks is Disney. Carnival will not be sending up any fireworks.

We're taking the Miracle to the Mexican Riviera July 8th and I expect it to be hot and humid in Mexico but I'm wondering if anyone knows what it will be like on the ship or at sea? Is it too hot and humid at sea to use the balcony? We're from Denver so we have what seems like 15% humidity here and the heat/humidity really slaps me in the face while in Mexico! It's my husband's birthday so we chose to sail on the actual date to get some friends to go.

Do they allow kids in the new sports bar or the red frog bar? We never vacation when kids are out of school so this one will be a new adventure all around I think.

Thanks.

When the ship is docked it will be just as humid on the balcony as when you are walking in port. When you are moving however the breeze really draws most of the humility away. As long as you are not on the top most set of balconies you should have some shade on your balcony from above as well to help with the heat.

The ship is well air conditioned and should not have much humidity problems inside. Usually just where you come in and out of the outside decks.

As to the bars, If they are with their parents they are allowed in the bars. The are not just allowed to roam around on their own in there. I have actually never seen it be a problem, as the kids clubs provide a great set of things for them to do, and most dont want to hang around in the pub or sports bar.

We have done 1 July 4th cruise. They had a special party, a special "American" Themed frozen drink, a couple of other small things. They were giving out mini flags, and other party favors.. It was a fun party.

I am pretty sure the MDR had something special for dinner that night too.

The only line that is allowed to shoot of fireworks is Disney. Carnival will not be sending up any fireworks.

I was on the NYE cruise of the Splendor in 2009-2010 and they had fireworks, im guessing this is a new rule?

Not a problem for us, we don't care much about swimming. A lounger in the Caribbean sun is just fine for us, we live in Michigan so we know what cold is. :)

We live in Massachusetts and pretty much familiar with colder weather. But one of the reasons to cruise Caribbeans is to swim in warm waters. We have Cape Cod for colder ones. :)

If swiming in warm water is not a priority for OP then it is ok to cruise during the winter outside of Southern Caribbeans.