On Anthem now - need help with Port Canaveral rental cars

Hi all,

I need some emergency help with Port Canaveral rental cars, please. I'm on Anthem now and our Port Canaveral day has been switched from 3/28 to 3/31 due to a motor/speed issue with the ship. That means I had to cancel the rental car I had reserved with enterprise at the mullet rd location, but there don't seem to be any rental cars available through any of the rental companies at that location now. What other companies/locations offer port shuttle service??? I'm not sure who to rebook with. This is important, because I'm traveling with my 3-year-old son, so we can't just grab a cab or uber due to car seat issues.

Thanks so much for your help. And while I'm on board, feel free to ask me your Anthem questions. I'll do my best to help out.

To my knowledge, all the agencies on the Captain's map have shuttle service:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=46477988&postcount=5

We have recently used Avis, and they had shuttle service.

Note also there may be some changes in the actual locations, but all the agencies are still in the area.

This thread has up to date information with pictures of the area.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2475390&highlight=port+canaveral+car+rental

It looks like Enterprise, National and Alamo are in the same facility. We have rented before from Hertz and someone in that thread called it walkable, but I would not walk that far with a 3 yr old, I also don't think there are sidewalks all the way to Hertz.

Edit to add: The information in that thread and pictures are all assuming that you are coming into Terminal 1. Anthem was scheduled for Terminal 1 on March 28th but Majesty is scheduled for that terminal on March 31st. There is a good chance you are going into a different terminal. Terminal 10 is available March 31st and that would not be walkable with a 3 yr old at all.

Edited by reallyitsmema

Is it just you and a 3 yr old or are you traveling with someone else? If there is someone else, can't you just send one of you for the rental car and then they come back to the terminal to pick up the rest of you? We have done that before when it has just been my DH and I.

This thread has up to date information with pictures of the area.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2475390&highlight=port+canaveral+car+rental

It looks like Enterprise, National and Alamo are in the same facility. We have rented before from Hertz and someone in that thread called it walkable, but I would not walk that far with a 3 yr old, I also don't think there are sidewalks all the way to Hertz.

Edit to add: The information in that thread and pictures are all assuming that you are coming into Terminal 1. Anthem was scheduled for Terminal 1 on March 28th but Majesty is scheduled for that terminal on March 31st. There is a good chance you are going into a different terminal. Terminal 10 is available March 31st and that would not be walkable with a 3 yr old at all.

You will likely go to Terminal 3, still not walkable, but closer to Jetty Park. NCL has fairly exclusive use of T10 now. Payless is very close to T3.

Thanks, everyone for all your help. Turns out, my real problem was with voom and 5,000 people trying to simotaniously update their rental car reservations, among other things. The "no cars available" messages I got this afternoon appear to have been bogus. Internet is back up and running nicely as of 1 am and I was able to rebook with enterprise at the Mullet Rd location - the much-preferred option bc I'm able to get the rental free using points!

And if anyone is curious as to how Royal handles this kind of flip flop:

So far, our iFly reservations were automatically moved to the new day at sea, but looks like our mid-day We Will Rock You reservation is still unresolved. We still don't have access to the cruise compass for day 3 and it's 2:30 am now. So seems like some poor souls are working overtime to update activities for the new sea day. Might be the case that our matinee reservation might stand after all - shall have to wait and see. We've found MDR food and atmosphere (so, so loud) to be lackluster at best, so the silver lining of all this flip floping schedules is that we were able to upgrade our dining package for an extra night in the specialty restaurants. (Had a WONDERFUL meal at Wonderland this evening! Huge upgrade from the included food and so worth it!) RCCL has offered free internet access to folks who need to change privately made reservations (explains my frustration with the bandwidth, but seems to be the decent thing to do). Overall, I'm pleased with the accommodations RCCL has made. Wait and see is just hard for type A personalities like me ;-)