So happy we tried Princess!

dznymom

I agree with you completely. I have tried the Eggs Benedict at MDR breakfast and it was truly horrible. Almost no Hollandaise. Dried out muffin on the bottom. Overcooked eggs - hard yolk. Bleh.

I have heard it can be made "better" if you insist on getting a small dish of Hollandaise on the side as well so that you can put enough on to actually notice but, while that would definitely be an improvement, the rest of the dish simply couldn't have been saved by more Hollandaise.

Since so many people say the Eggs Benedict served to Suite passengers who can eat breakfast in Sabatini's is so great it seems to me they should be able to serve at least a "decent" Eggs Benedict to passengers at MDR breakfast but, for some reason, that seems to not be the case.

I'm looking forward to Eggs Benedict at Sabatini's on the Grand in May. They are always excellent there. But you cannot expect the same in the MDR. At Sabatini's, they cook each dish to order and bring it directly to the table. Nothing is left under a warming tray. That takes more time and more staff. Most food in the MDR is prepared and waiting for the waiters to pick it up. If there is a special order, then they have to prepare it when ordered, but the waiter may not be waiting for it - it may still sit under a warming tray until the waiter gets back to pick it up. I think Princess does an excellent job preparing and serving food in the MDR - much better than any large banquet hall I've eaten in on land, but I don't think you can expect each meal to be prepared personally for each passenger.

I have heard some posters say that the food in Club Class gets to the table hotter than in the normal MDR. That may be so, if they have a higher staff to diner ratio. But they would still not have as many staff as the suite breakfast.

Thanks for doing your wonderful review.:)

DH and I have done the Hawaii cruise out of LA twice now and even on sea days you can be busy!

Last time we enjoyed taking naps in the afternoon :D that was sooooooooooo enjoyable!

I agree with a lot that you said even though we have not yet been on the Grand. Since we left out of LA we found it all to be good. The food, service, entertainment and atmosphere were just what the DR. ordered!

I am sure we will do this cruise several more times because we love Hawaii!

• 2 weeks later...

We will be on the Grand in October for a California coastal. How are the shows? We have been loyal fans of NCL and loved their shows and "freestyle" dining. However, we were very disappointed with our Panama Canal cruise's shows. Also was hesitant about "anytime dining" but you made it seem not too bad. Ellie.

We will be on the Grand in October for a California coastal. How are the shows? We have been loyal fans of NCL and loved their shows and "freestyle" dining. However, we were very disappointed with our Panama Canal cruise's shows. Also was hesitant about "anytime dining" but you made it seem not too bad. Ellie.

The only shows I went to were one that was a Hawaiian dance group brought on the ship and they were delightful. I also went to one comedian and he was okay. Honestly, I don't even do the NCL production shows anymore but I would guess they are a notch above Princess. Sorry, I am not the best person to ask about shows I'm afraid.

The best trick I read on this forum was knowing which dining room switched rom Traditional to Anytime dining after the first seating. That was the key to our success!

Have a great cruise. We really enjoyed ours!

The furniture sure has changed a lot:

NOW

ff273d0a5555aa62c85b269d3869e30f.jpg

BEFORE

8000.jpg

NOW

a6b762ef3395523bc25d2fec187957d8.jpg

BEFORE

8001.jpg

Wow, that's almost too much furniture! I would have loved to have one lounger though, and cushions would have been lovely. Overall, we were very pleased with the balcony, though. I love searching out primo balconies and this was one of the nicer ones :)