Adventure Ocean - Is This True??

weazie

Why not. If they do not do something extreme to get people to pick up their kids on time they would be stuck with them all the time. Its not a baby sitting service. I do not blame them. My sons child care provider works out of her house. It is clearly posted in her rule book that it costs a $1 a minute you are late after the agreed upon pick up time. She never has done it to us because we do not abuse it. We have been late a few times to pick him up when it can not be helped (traffic or hung up at work). However some people did it every day until she got tired of it and started to charge them. Money talks!!!!!

It is not a late pick up fee, as the second poster as suggested.

After 10:00 is not included as part of the "free" Adventure Ocean program. It is more of a babysitting type thing and is less structured. It is $5/hour in cash. It is worth it; my son absolutely loves it and begs us to stay almost every night!

I have no problem with it being cash, I just wanted to know to make sure I had enough cash along. I don't want to disappoint the kids, since I'm sure they will want to participate in this. I was just surprised that it couldn't be charged on the Seapass.

Just on the Voyager 11/6/05. We used our SeaPass to pay after 10:00. They also charge you in half hour increments. So, an hour and a half is $7.50 per child.

My children LOVED the after hours. My 7 year old wanted to stay until 12:00 midnight so they could complete their dodge-ball type game.

Enjoy!

It appears that things have either changed,or it is different on different ships..

3 times on the Rhapsody,it was cash only,and you had to make reservations...We undestood that it was not a charged to the ship,because those that stayed to work it were volunteers...

This is not the same as in-room baby sitting either,which is volunteer.

However in Oct on Mariner,when we tried to "reserve" our spot one night,they said it was not neccassry....They just added 5 per hour after 10...I would guess that on the larger more active ships,there is more of a need for it than on the smaller ships,and they do staff for it.For instance,on Rhapsody Sept 04....There were only 89 kids total onboard (under 17)...

So to the kid bashing sarcastic #2 poster,please have your facts straight before you pass judgement and share fasle info..

Just on the Voyager 11/6/05. We used our SeaPass to pay after 10:00. They also charge you in half hour increments. So, an hour and a half is $7.50 per child.

My children LOVED the after hours. My 7 year old wanted to stay until 12:00 midnight so they could complete their dodge-ball type game.

Enjoy!

We are taking our 8 year old on Voyager next weekend. Can you tell me more about what the kids did each night ? This is my daughters first cruise and she can't wait to go there:)

Thanks ;)

Personally, I don't think that the "kid bashing sarcastic poster#2" was any of that at all, brn2crz! She obviously has a child, and was voicing an opinion based on her own experience - not a "fact". And, her opinion is certainly not "fasle". It's her opinion, and I didn't see anything nasty about it. Please try to be nice, OK? Thanks.

Personally, I don't think that the "kid bashing sarcastic poster#2" was any of that at all, brn2crz! She obviously has a child, and was voicing an opinion based on her own experience - not a "fact". And, her opinion is certainly not "fasle". It's her opinion, and I didn't see anything nasty about it. Please try to be nice, OK? Thanks.

Actually, imsulin2, I also found the 2nd poster's comments to be on the rude side ("why not", "it's not a babysitting service!"), but life's too short to comment on each rude poster on this particular board.

Calicruisefamily-your children will (most likely) not want to leave AO. Chances are they will beg you to let them stay, and mourn any time AO is closed ;) . It is (usually) non-stop, age-appropriate fun. Every 30 minutes is packed with something new and wonderous for children. From exploding volcanoes and space mud, to ga-ga ball and scavenger hunts. What would normally have you or I passed out on the floor in exhaustion, the AO staff rotates and (usually) makes every minute at AO a kid's dream. The after hours starts at 10pm per my recent Compass and the $5 fee per hour (billed in 30 minute increments) has been charged to my child's seapass for the past 5 years (Mariner, Rhapsody, Radiance, Nordic Empress, Radiance). It does not state on this recent Compass whether they would accept cash.

Crossing my fingers that you get a fabulous AO staff!

I agree with you, Sue. We all have our own opinions and poster #2 decided to share hers. She didn't say anything nasty or sarcastic, and didn't bash any kids. No need to be so harsh, brn2crz.

Why not. If they do not do something extreme to get people to pick up their kids on time they would be stuck with them all the time. Its not a baby sitting service. I do not blame them. My sons child care provider works out of her house. It is clearly posted in her rule book that it costs a $1 a minute you are late after the agreed upon pick up time. She never has done it to us because we do not abuse it. We have been late a few times to pick him up when it can not be helped (traffic or hung up at work). However some people did it every day until she got tired of it and started to charge them. Money talks!!!!!
Ok, look back and see what s/he wrote.

The reason that she IS wrong and IS rude (and those who, like me, read her post that way, reacted to what she DID say) is that she replied about "life in general", whereas this is a board about CRUISING and the OP asked a question about a CRUISE SHIP and life with her regular babysitter is totally irrelevant.

Had she merely said, "Well, this is what MY babysitter at home does; maybe that same practice occurs on a ship?" it would have been different.

Capisce?

:)

Peace, love and understanding. :)

Enjoy!

Are you referring to the infamous "ga-ga"?

Archived