1A veranda guarantee on the Reflection

MCOgirl

HI Folks,

WE booked a 1A veranda guarantee and have been assigned a SV cabin..Is that considered an upgrade or a lateral move.:confused:

I looked and our veranda looks tiny compared to the ones on either side of us!!!

Thank You

Well, it depends lol!

The SV is usually more expensive and very desireable for the view, but you lose the large 1a balcony and convenient location. So, if YOU don't consider it an upgrade, call and argue your point politely with X.

Well, it depends lol!

The SV is usually more expensive and very desireable for the view, but you lose the large 1a balcony and convenient location. So, if YOU don't consider it an upgrade, call and argue your point politely with X.

Thank you for your reply....I am on the fence because we have never stayed in SV.We usually book Aqua class or a 1A for the larger balcony.The ship looks full except for suites...I feel We are partially to blame for booking a guarantee....AKA......gamble- tee !

The SV is considered a upgrade from a 1a. We love being on the aft.

We had a 1a for the first time last year and while the balcony is large it would have been more enjoyable/useable if there were more chairs or loungers on the balcony. Just 2 chairs and a small table.

We upgraded to an SV once (usually get a regular veranda) but it wasn't to our taste. I thought it was extremely noisy. View was gorgeous! But the sound of the engine every morning when we docked somewhere made the whole cabin shake. And if you're on a higher deck you'll hear noise from the sunset bar so if you're sensitive to noise proceed with caution.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The SV is considered a upgrade from a 1a. We love being on the aft.

We had a 1a for the first time last year and while the balcony is large it would have been more enjoyable/useable if there were more chairs or loungers on the balcony. Just 2 chairs and a small table.

Thank you for sharing your experience.WE are a little apprehensive with a SV cabin,having

never experienced it.I have read mixed feelings on that cabin type.Folks either love it or do not!!!!!

WE loved the larger balcony on our previous sailings in 1a cabins.

Did you look for reviews on your particular stateroom?

Yes I have.... one person said it was lovely no complaints...but appeared to be reviewing the room and steward exclusively not the position. Another review said that they could not keep their sliding doors open because they would get the exhaust from the funnel in the cabin and had a lot of soot on their deck.Also commented they would never book a SV they were supposedly upgraded to SV....And they were questioning if it's truly an upgrade they felt it was a downgrade !!!

Yes I have.... one person said it was lovely no complaints...but appeared to be reviewing the room and steward exclusively not the position. Another review said that they could not keep their sliding doors open because they would get the exhaust from the funnel in the cabin and had a lot of soot on their deck.Also commented they would never book a SV they were supposedly upgraded to SV....And they were questioning if it's truly an upgrade they felt it was a downgrade !!!

They are not supposed to keep the sliding doors open anyway

Celebrity does consider it an upgrade, and it does cost more than a 1A. You cannot use a Captains Club upgrade to move up from a 1A to an SV. We just moved from an SV to an accessible AQ( which we need) and the AQ was only $100 more pp on our. 14 day Eclipse in Europe.

Would have loved to have that SV but we really need the space in the accessible AQ with a scooter and a Rollator.