Live from the Majestic Princess preview cruise

dides

Thank you for continuing to update us Sandra.

Two other quick questions- this afternoon tea that you speak of? Is it available to everyone or just people with status? And where is it again?

Internet? Is it up and running on the ship? If so, any idea on the cost?

Food update:

Happy to report that the breakfast selection has improved in the World Fresh Marketplace since the preview cruise. Still less options for lunch and dinner though which means we go there less.

Afternoon Tea seems to be available almost every port and sea day mmm, lovely warm scones.

No sign of a pub lunch at any time.

We have personally enjoyed the food in the main dining room but others have reported tough lamb shank or cold food on occasion.

Harmony is providing an almost full menu - the odd ingredient is still missing in a stray container somewhere. I chose some dishes like spare ribs and crispy chicken which were bland compared to other selections - be guided by the waiter's recommendations.

Some American friends went to La Mer and disliked everything except the desserts. Said it was too salty for their tastes.

The International Cafe rocks - always something good to find.

Sandra

Two other quick questions- this afternoon tea that you speak of? Is it available to everyone or just people with status? And where is it again?

Internet? Is it up and running on the ship? If so, any idea on the cost?

Open to everyone, usually in the Concerto anytime dining room around 3:30pm on the days it's held. Will be listed in the main part of the daily Patter

Internet is up and running, can be slow at some points during the day. Various plans available like 200 minutes for $99 or 100 minutes for $69.

Is this a Back-to-back cruise for you? If so, do you have any new Princess Patters? What are the movies being shown?

Yes it's a B2B but only loaded up the patters for the preview as per thread title. Movies included Arrival, Passengers, Inferno, Eddie the Eagle, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

The Ultimate Ship Tour will be available on the Majestic Princess from the April 9th cruise onwards

Emma from Passenger Services kindly remembered me asking before and said several passengers have been requesting it.

Sandra

The Ultimate Ship Tour will be available on the Majestic Princess from the April 9th cruise onwards

Emma from Passenger Services kindly remembered me asking before and said several passengers have been requesting it.

Sandra

thank you for this. my daughter and son-in-law board next week and i'll let them know as he would love to take the tour.

i board in 6 weeks. i'm not excited about the large ship but i am looking forward to new beds and towels!

How about the toilet tissue?

Softer or harder than the usual Princess TP?

Not something I usually notice but really thin and tears easily

The toilet tissue on Princess ships is "designed" so as to work really well with the vacuum flush system and the small diameter waste pipes onboard - it dissolves very quickly. This was a topic discussed by a ship's engineer during a lecture in the Princess Theatre onboard one of their ships. :D

Thank you so much for the review. Enjoyed reading it together with my husband. We are set to be on the Majectic for thr April 23 sailing. With the Ultimate Ship Tour is there lots of stair climbing? How much is the tour? And how do we sign up for the tour? Could we sign up before broading the ship?

Well we have finally got home from this so called Inaugural cruise that had nothing special going on whatsoever ! it appears that Princess felt it special enough to give every cabin a Blue Tote bag ... :o

Does anyone know who the God Mother is ?

It was good to meet some of the faces of the names on the roll call at the meet and greet which had been moved from the Crown bar and grill to the Hollywood Conservatory, not sure why because we forgot to ask Liz who had organised it.

Advance warning to those sailing from today, "Do Not" order flower arrangements because you will not get them! I had ordered them via the Princess website over a week prior to sailing to be delivered to our room on sailing day for an Anniversary gift for my other half Kerry.

When non arrived I had to go ask customer service why there were no flowers in our cabin, the response was that there were no flowers onboard the ship and as there is no Florist on the ship there will never be any!

I asked them to refund the cost to my credit card but they told me I had to have it back as onboard credit! so not only had they messed up the surprise but I was being forced to spend the refund on the ship.

Along with other people we spoke to during the cruise and on the flight home and while waiting for our return bus to the car park, many of the comments were the same regarding the ship.

Disappointment that there was nothing special happening as this was supposed to be an Inaugural cruise, No atmosphere on the ship, Lack of a bar in the buffet, Patchy WiFi, a wasted deck where the outdoor gym is located, only Three drinks stations for Tea,Coffee etc two inside the Buffet and one outside, oh and no hot milk.

Hollywood Conservatory a wasted space, no outside boat deck space to speak of, to reach the area on Deck 17 in Dides photo you have to go through the sports court on either side, the same applies for the laughable so called golf area which is basically a Green astro turf with holes cut in the floor for the holes unlike those on the Ruby Princess.

To get from the back of Deck 17 to the front you have to either go through the gym or up to 18 go across and down.

The Pool deck Fountains never worked.

The Majestic for us had no wow factor, there is nothing special about the ship and despite having only cruised on the Ruby Princess on two previous occasions I would say we prefer the Grand class over this mismatch of a Royal class.

When I have more time there will be a review which will include some good points but alas we felt they were few and far between.

Edited by sidari

Well we have finally got home from this so called Inaugural cruise that had nothing special going on whatsoever ! it appears that Princess felt it special enough to give every cabin a Blue Tote bag ... :o

It was good to meet some of the faces of the names on the roll call at the meet and greet which had been moved from the Crown bar and grill to the Hollywood Conservatory, not sure why because we forgot to ask Liz who had organised it.

Advance warning to those sailing from today, "Do Not" order flower arrangements because you will not get them! I had ordered them via the Princess website over a week prior to sailing to be delivered to our room on sailing day for an Anniversary gift for my other half Kerry.

When non arrived I had to go ask customer service why there were no flowers in our cabin, the response was that there were no flowers onboard the ship and as there is no Florist on the ship there will never be any!

I asked them to refund the cost to my credit card but they told me I had to have it back as onboard credit! so not only had they messed up the surprise but I was being forced to spend the refund on the ship.

Along with other people we spoke to during the cruise and on the flight home and while waiting for our return bus to the car park, many of the comments were the same regarding the ship.

Disappointment that there was nothing special happening as this was supposed to be an Inaugural cruise, No atmosphere on the ship, Lack of a bar in the buffet, Patchy WiFi, a wasted deck where the outdoor gym is located, only Three drinks stations for Tea,Coffee etc two inside the Buffet and one outside, oh and no hot milk.

Hollywood Conservatory a wasted space, no outside boat deck space to speak of, to reach the area on Deck 17 in Dides photo you have to go through the sports court on either side, the same applies for the laughable so called golf area which is basically a Green astro turf with holes cut in the floor for the holes unlike those on the Ruby Princess.

To get from the back of Deck 17 to the front you have to either go through the gym or up to 18 go across and down.

The Pool deck Fountains never worked.

The Majestic for us had no wow factor, there is nothing special about the ship and despite having only cruised on the Ruby Princess on two previous occasions I would say we prefer the Grand class over this mismatch of a Royal class.

When I have more time there will be a review which will include some good points but alas we felt they were few and far between.

Thank you for your first impressions of the Majestic.

So, you had a lousy, horrible time on this cruise? Not a good experience for you?

Were you able to relax and unwind on this cruise, as on your previous cruises?

So sorry to hear the cruise did not meet your expectations.

And looking forward to reading your extended review.

Enjoy your cruise, and If God wills, grant you good health, and to live and not die before your next cruise.

BTW, just curious, what is with a copy of your MSC Voyagers Card in your signature? I'm old and don't understand.

"I cruise to eat healthy, and to eat a slice of apple pie everyday before I die"

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Thank you so much for the review. Enjoyed reading it together with my husband. We are set to be on the Majectic for thr April 23 sailing. With the Ultimate Ship Tour is there lots of stair climbing? How much is the tour? And how do we sign up for the tour? Could we sign up before broading the ship?

I haven't taken the UST but once signed up for it & being on a waitlist wasn't selected for the tour.

You cannot pre reserve the tour and there was a sign up list at the Passenger Service Desk and the cost was $150. As I recall ncluded in the price was a photo, plush $90 robe and personalized stationary.

Here's a link to the Princess webpage describing the UST although some posts said they didn't go to the stacks.

http://www.princess.com/news/backgrounders_and_fact_sheets/factsheet/Ultimate-Ship-Tour.html

Edited by Astro Flyer

K.O.C ... Don't recall saying we had a lousy cruise, merely pointing out some of what we felt was wrong and it appears others did as well.

The MSC card is for our next cruise which will be on the New MSC Seaside.

K.O.C ... Don't recall saying we had a lousy cruise, merely pointing out some of what we felt was wrong and it appears others did as well.

The MSC card is for our next cruise which will be on the New MSC Seaside.

Thank you.

So you did enjoy the cruise, despite the noted shortcomings?

Really looking forward to your complete review.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Hi Sidari

Thanks for coming along to M&G

Customer Service Manager rang me on the first evening to say that due to an event in the Crown Bar already in place...which turned out to be ...I discovered..."buy one get one for a dollar" happy hour..had to be moved to the Conservatory. this was the second move, and appeared to be due to Head Office and the ship not communicating, what is really available. I was promised that a sign would be in place to advise my attendees of where to go.

I was glad that I went down to the Crown Bar first as the staff there were unaware of the changes, with no sign, as promised....the Conservatory staff, luckily were expecting us. I'm glad that the Crown Bar staff were happy to pass on the info to all those attending, but am sure some may have not got the message.

The Godmother, is Capt Dinos mum

Hope you enjoyed your cruise. We did but as you say it wasn't special for a Maiden Voyage, was it.

Hi Liz ... To be honest it felt like any other cruise to us, nothing planned by Princess with regard to special meals, many if not all we had seen and eaten in 2008 and 9 on the Ruby. The only exception was the Chinese meals in the Buffet.

We came away quite disappointed really in the ship itself, the design is clumsy in places having to go through one area to get to another, no promenade deck to speak of apart from bits here and there.

We have no idea if the other two ships are any better but we were not inspired to want to try them out by the offerings of the Majestic.

The week prior to the sailing I ordered flowers via the website as a surprise for Kerry in order to celebrate an Anniversary and asked for them to be available on sailing day, arrived at the cabin to find no flowers, had to sneak out to ask Carlos our cabin steward if he knew about them to which he replied no.

I decided to leave it to the following day and had to make up an excuse to go to customer service on my own, I told them about the issue and the response was that there were no flowers on the ship at all and there was not going to be any!

I asked for a refund to my CC but was told they would only refund the cost as OBC which did not go down well, I then had to explain to Kerry the reason for me wanting to go see them alone, as you cam imagine it did not go down very well.

Oh dear Sidari, that really is not very good.

I pre-ordered chocolate dipped strawberries on embarkation day and they did arrive, but to not have the flowers must have been so disappointing for you

We liked the ship but like yourself, we noticed some things . We thought the Holywood conservatory a bit of a waste.

Nice to see that they changed the interior from the identical Royal and Regal ships. Its the one thing I was a bit disappointed in when we went on the Royal after having cruised on the Regal. I would have thought they would have changed up the interior decorations and colors and so on.