Can my 18 and 15 year olds be in the cabin across the hall from me?

I ask because Royal's website says only if they're connecting if they're under 21. Unless they're underage married or active military. I don't want an ugly surprise when we arrive.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My friend has taken at least one cruise each year since her children were tiny (now 28 and 25). She always booked the cabins as husband/son and mother/daughter, when the kids got old enough that she felt safe leaving them alone. None of the cruise lines do spot checks to see if you're sleeping in the correct bed.

• 1 month later...

One thing to keep in mind, if you are booking a JS or above for the parents and something lower for the kids: if one of the kids is booked in the JS, they get the double CA points, not the parent who is booked in the lower category.

We just ran in to this. We booked the girls in a Promenade Inside and the Boys the in the Balcony a couple doors down across the hall.

The Junior suites went on sale and we were going to upgrade thinking it would get wife and I to Diamond, but there was no easy way to do that.

One thing to keep in mind, if you are booking a JS or above for the parents and something lower for the kids: if one of the kids is booked in the JS, they get the double CA points, not the parent who is booked in the lower category.

We just ran in to this. We booked the girls in a Promenade Inside and the Boys the in the Balcony a couple doors down across the hall.

The Junior suites went on sale and we were going to upgrade thinking it would get wife and I to Diamond, but there was no easy way to do that.

Husbands and wives always have the same status regardless, so if one becomes diamond so does the other. Not sure what your issue is.

I went on my first cruise at 19, had my own room with no trouble. I was told when booking to change my date of birth (year) to say i was 21 then call up and give my reservation number to change my DOB over the phone. Had no problems with doing this

Another thing to consider if your getting a C@A cabin discount. The discount is for the cabin, booking one adult in each cabin gets the discount on each cabin. We have booked this way several times and a quick trip to guest relations for new keys is no problem. happy cruising

Another thing to consider if your getting a C@A cabin discount. The discount is for the cabin, booking one adult in each cabin gets the discount on each cabin. We have booked this way several times and a quick trip to guest relations for new keys is no problem. happy cruising

Kids who share their parents C&A status also get the appropriate C&A balcony discount. Our kids, both under 18, in their own room get the same diamond balcony discount that my wife and I do.