Shuttle service from MCO to Cocoa Beach

DJW8385

Hi,

My family and I are looking for transportation from MCO to our hotel in Cocoa Beach on 8/3/17. We'll need this after I cruise also from Port Canaveral to MCO. What's some shuttle services you guys/girls can suggest?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi,

My family and I are looking for transportation from MCO to our hotel in Cocoa Beach on 8/3/17. We'll need this after I cruise also from Port Canaveral to MCO. What's some shuttle services you guys/girls can suggest?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A one-way car rental is really the recommended way before the cruise!

After the cruise, it depends on your flight time home. If early, take a shuttle. If after 2pm, rent a car!

Here is a list of companies we see often on the road between Orlando and Port Canaveral.

Uber – Getting more popular and the feedback continues to be positive. UberSelect can do curbside pickups at the airport.

Cocoa Beach Shuttle – based near Port Canaveral. The “go to” shuttle for many cruisers. Also offer scheduled shared shuttles. Preferred by many Canaveral hotels for port and airport transfers.

Happy Hour Shuttle – based near Port Canaveral. Small local company slowly building a solid reputation.

888-Transportation – Offers shuttle buses and metered-based taxis. Based in Cape Canaveral with an exclusive agreement with Port Canaveral, allowing hail services. They have taxis waiting at the cruise terminals. Call ahead to ask about shared shuttles from the airport ($25 per person) or private shuttles (not metered taxis) for $90 (up to 5 persons).

Smart-two.com Shuttle – Small up-and-coming company with great service and reviews.

Happy Limousine – Recommended by some Disney travel agencies.

Orlando Chauffeured Services – Based in Orlando, Good reviews on the internet.

Mears Shuttle – With a desk at Orlando Airport ensuring personal service. Operates the Disney and Carnival transfer buses.

Groundlink – A nation-wide value-add service trusted by many travelers. Also has exclusive agreements with some cruise lines. Often more expensive but you can trust the service.

Cortrans Shuttle – Consistently one of the cheaper shuttles with good reviews. Also offer scheduled shared shuttles. Based in Orlando.

AA Access Transport – One of the most popular shuttles with shared scheduled services and vans of all sizes. Based in Orlando.

Goportcanaveral – A local travel agency with really low cost transfer and hotel packages. Some of their rates are the lowest available (if you are OK with some of the negatives of packaged travel). Based near Port Canaveral.

FL Tours – Recommended by several Disney Travel Agencies. Based in Orlando

First Choice – Their shared shuttles are very popular because they offer rides from the Theme Park Hotels, Airport hotels and Airport to the Port

Atlantic Transportation Group – Shared shuttles from the Airport and Airport Hotels to the Port.

We had a group that used Cocoa Beach Shuttle in Nov. They were right on it. We will probably use Cortrans this year just because we don't have a group although we could use either with no worries.

Nexus 9 on Tapatalk Pro

First would be separate one way car rentals. This is nice the night before so you have the flexibility to head out to dinner( lots of great local options in the area), drive around, etc. All the major agencies have offices in or within a couple miles of the port with free shuttles to/from the ships. Either have everyone ride the shuttle or drop them and luggage at the ship and drop the rental off and catch the shuttle yourself.

On return, I would say another rental or possibly Uber depending on the number in your family. If for some reason those don't work out for you, the shuttles listed previously are good options but may be a bit more cost wise depending on how many you have.

Unless your return flight departs after about 2:00 I would use a shuttle to MCO. If you have a later flight you have time to rent a car and have a fun lunch someplace instead of sitting in MCO for hours.

We are finding that some shuttle companies will not pick up from the Orlando airport after a certain hour. Our flight arrives at 127pm, and that's too late for some.

Check carefully before you book!

On a related note....anyone with experience of Sunshine Limo? We have a group of four.

We are finding that some shuttle companies will not pick up from the Orlando airport after a certain hour. Our flight arrives at 127pm, and that's too late for some.

Check carefully before you book!

On a related note....anyone with experience of Sunshine Limo? We have a group of four.

By 1:30pm most passengers have either boarded the ship or are waiting to board. So it makes sense for cruise line buses and shared shuttle van companies to stop supporting incoming flights after say 1pm to 1:30pm.

With 4 persons I would not bother with shared services because it becomes cost-effective to either rent a car one-way or book a private service as you are trying to do with Sunshine Limo (I do not know them but the reviews look good!).

You can also contact Orlando Chauffeured Services

There are cheaper private options such as 888-transportation private shuttles and Smart-Two.com but a limo will be more fun!

Edited by SteerageJoe

By 1:30pm most passengers have either boarded the ship or are waiting to board. So it makes sense for cruise line buses and shared shuttle van companies to stop supporting incoming flights after say 1pm to 1:30pm.

We looked in the past at shuttles for MCO that wouldn't' pick up at the at the airport after 1:00. We were coming in on a Friday, so people boarding the ship that day wasn't the issue......

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Like 1

We looked in the past at shuttles for MCO that wouldn't' pick up at the at the airport after 1:00. We were coming in on a Friday' date=' so people boarding the ship that day wasn't the issue......

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am sorry but I do not understand the connection between shared shuttle times and arriving on a Friday?

In the picture below you can see that most shared shuttles stop around 1pm because business tapers off after that. It makes sense from a business point of view because they do not want to shuttle only 1 or 2 passengers at low rates.

Shared-Shuttle-Vans.jpg

With 4 persons I would not bother with shared services because it becomes cost-effective to either rent a car one-way or book a private service as you are trying to do with Sunshine Limo (I do not know them but the reviews look good!).

There are cheaper private options such as 888-transportation private shuttles and Smart-Two.com but a limo will be more fun!

Sorry....I should have also added that our flight is the day before the cruise, and we are wanting a shuttle to a hotel near the port...maybe Cocoa Beach. I would certainly understand if the companies couldn't commit to getting us to the ship on time if it was the day of sailing!

We're not wanting to rent a vehicle...none of us is comfortable driving in heavy traffic, in an unfamiliar place. We are thinking as you said...a limo would be much more fun! Thanks for your suggestions.

• Like 1

We've used Cocoa Beach shuttle twice and had bad experiences each time. Cannot say enough good things about Cortrans.

We used to use CB Shuttle years ago, and did not have any problems. We've switched to Cortrans the last couple of years, mostly for their prompt scheduling and cost. What was the nature of your bad experiences with CB Shuttle?

• 3 months later...

We've had very good experiences with GoPortCanaveral, booking a package the includes both hotel and transportation - to and from the Port/Airport.

We've stayed both in the Cocoa Beach area, and near MCO, and have been very happy with their pricing and service.

We'll be using them again for our December cruise on the Sunshine.

Wow..... no shuttle service for flights after 1-1:30 from MCO to hotel near Port Canaveral???

We have a group of 8 adults arriving around that time.... no hope to get a shuttle for our group? no one wants to rent a car( woukd need a van!). So- are we SOL?

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, ronaledsmith said:

It is nice to see the discussion on limo. I also really like the ride of limo. In my personal experience the limo rental services are best.

Welcome to the boards! 😎 

This thread is almost 2.5-3 years old.  there are more recent threads discussing limo service between MCO-PC