Live – Constellation Singapore – Rome 2017

Jim_Iain

Following your review with interest. Have noted that the Staff Captain and the GRM have both changed (we remember both these officers very fondly) and the OL maitre'D has moved to Luminae - we really liked him whenever we dined at OL. Who is your butler? After two weeks onboard the Constellation, it has become almost like a friend to us. Although DH's first words to me on the gangway were "looks old".

The staff and Officers have really been very visible and approachable. We are sailing in RS6141. Our Butler is Wilfred and our Stateroom Attendant is Ramon. We have sailed with Wilfred before. Ramon is extremely friendly and remembered our names from the first day.

The Concierge in Michael's Club is Megan. I'm amazed at how high energy she is and has been attending to everyone's needs and still has time to chat and share information.

The Maitre de is Petre. He has really stepped into his new position quickly and efficiently. I am sure we are going to enjoy our Luminea experience on Constellation.

We took our first tour on Tuesday, April 4 to Phang Nga Sea Caves in Penang. We very rarely take a ships tour but this one turned out to be the BEST tour we have ever taken. The only downside was we had to meet in the Theater at 6:45 AM.

The tour began with a 1 hour bus ride to the opposite side of Penang Island from the ship. The Tour director ,Moo was FANTASTIC and gave a great background of Penang and pointed out sites along the way. We then took a 1 hour boat trip to Phang Nga the home of thousands of islands which are mostly part of a National Park. Onboard the ship were crew members who would be doing the paddling of the Kayaks.

We arrived at the first site and had our first Kayak trip. It was far better than I had anticipated. We navigated through the cave into a hidden lagoon among dozens of other kayakers.

The ship we were on was only had about 20 passengers and we later found out we were Bus 3 and the other 2 busses were fully booked and had about 45 passengers on each bus and ship. The ship also had about 5 Thai women who prepared a phenomenal buffet for us while we were out playing.

The Tour included 3 stops the final being a state park with beautiful sand beaches.

Returning to the ship after an 8 hour tour we saw a huge tender line. Luckily they were using local large tenders and the wait was only about 15 minutes.

The gods must have been looking down on us. Iain and I were the last 2 on tender and we had to stand in the inside of the tender. About 2 minutes before we docked with the ship, a torrential downpour hit. I felt so sorry for those on the upper deck and those on the open deck behind us as there was no shelter.

IMG_1006_zpsvux8rp7n.jpg

IMG_1007_zpssd2jalyp.jpgIMG_1008_zpskzckbrrv.jpg

c4679e083368450ed95b773c0d99268a.jpg

I'm going to post some screenshots showing the temperature and see us. I often I'm interested in understanding what the temperatures are going to be like before a Cruise

Looks like it's going to be a hot one today.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi folks we join the Connie after it comes out of dock on 26th May. I am trying to ascertain where we will tender into when we go to Monaco. There are a couple of possibilities as the town is holding the Grand Prix over the weekend we are there. I would be grateful if someone could ask on board for me and post the answer back here. The reason I am asking is depending upon where the tenders tie up I will have to make plans to uplift my Grand Prix tickets and get to my stand which is the furthest distance away from the port. Grateful for any assistance

Regards

Mike

Very much looking forward to following along here. We'll be doing the same itinerary in 2 years' time! If you get an opportunity can you please find out what changes will be made to the restaurants (or other public areas) during the refit - there is currently some speculation on these boards. :)

Bobal - You will lovethe trip. It sounds like there will belots happening during dry dock. I didhear yesterday that they will be replacing carpeting in all public areas, mostif not all cabins. Some soft goods(furniture, drapes etc) will also be replaced. Also heard today that they are upgradingthe complete communications system on the ship. Instead of upgrading it to the SolsticeLevel they are in the midst of installing the system that will be used onEdge. The workers I was talking aboutyesterday are in the midst of rewiring the complete ship and will be finalizedin the rooms during dry dock.

Another new item I learned last night was that they are going to be installing ONE Edge Room as a beta test. No word on which room. Wouldn't that be a surprise to find you had that room. Many of the items to be installed on the Edge will be installed on various ships to test and tweak.

Don't know the detail but I was told that when they remake US United States they will be putting in Tuscan Grill and some new guest rooms. I haven't been able to figure out what or how they are doing this.

Finally I have heard that long term strategy is that all ships fleet wide will be Edge-sized. It will be rolled out similar to when they started Solstized the existing fleet. I am sure this is a good 4-5 year or more plan.

CruisingGatorGirl , thephillykid, di T, gordylad, bluwes,Von & John, Saraspeedy87, ghstudio – Thank you for following along.

Villauk - Glad youare following and I also am looking forward to the India and Arabia portion ofthe trip. I will try to post informationas it becomes available.

CruisingGatorGirl , thephillykid, di T, gordylad, bluwes,Von & John, Saraspeedy87, ghstudio,

BeanB41 - I willcheck and see what I can find out.

di T, Hampshire Rose, Lisah101, – Glad youwill be joining the cruise in Abu Dhabi - This area of the world is new to us and really looking forward to it. The demographics are really different thatmost cruises we have been on. Lots ofyoung well behaved youngsters and teenagers. Good portion of the PAX are 20’s -40’s. Nice blend of Australian, American,Canadian, Dutch, Asian, South Americans and Europeans.

TFG – I’ll see if I can find out anything there isn’t muchinformation on future cruises. All thestaff we have spoken to plan to be on board thru dry dock but they even don’tknow the details of where dry dock is or what time off they will have.

Jim this is just what I needed. I leave on the Millie 5/7/17 and chomping at the bit to get on board. Love the Constellation. We are almost neighbors, I live in Marin and will be flying out of San Jose, was actually cheaper for the business class ticket than SFO.

Looking forward to the rest of your review.

Norma

Thanks for posting this information. I am following with great interest as we are scheduled for this exact itinerary (B2B) in 2018. And, it will be our first B2B also. Already jotting down information from you and starting a file for more planning based on your experiences.

Jim this is just what I needed. I leave on the Millie 5/7/17 and chomping at the bit to get on board. Love the Constellation. We are almost neighbors, I live in Marin and will be flying out of San Jose, was actually cheaper for the business class ticket than SFO.

Looking forward to the rest of your review.

Norma

Surprised that SJC was cheaper than SFO. SJC would be the airport of choice for us as it is only about 15 minutes by Uber. Last evening I met a couple in Michael's Club from Aptos.

Speaking of Michael's Club. Last night I met Cliff and Tallulah, Carol and Harry and Barry (harrypb) and Lisa all of our thread. I never received an invite to the CC meeting so had not yet met them.

Yesterday was a wonderful day. We were invited to a bridge tour followed with a luncheon with the Captain and his Senior Staff. Luncheon was very nice except it was such a heavy lunch that we couldn't do dinner last night.

I was up early to do my morning workout. I do about an 1/2 - 1 hour on the elliptical and then walk about 10-15 miles a day. It is my way to be able to enjoy the cruise and hopefully depart after the next 30 days without putting on much weight. It is a bit tough doing the walk as it is 85 F and intense sun. Yesterday I would have to make frequent stops at the bar to pick up water. Thank god for the drink package that comes with our room.

We are meeting in 15 minutes (0930) with Pamela (Foxie02). She has planned a cc group tour of Sri Lanka and we are having a group meeting so we can recognize each other on the port.

Jim