Live – Constellation Singapore – Rome 2017

Jim_Iain

Don't know the detail but I was told that when they remake US United States they will be putting in Tuscan Grill and some new guest rooms. I haven't been able to figure out what or how they are doing this.

They already have Tuscan on deck 11.

They will be replacing Ocean Liners with a smaller Qsine plus a number of new cabins. This will bring Constellation in sync with all of the other Millennium class ships which have Tuscan and Qsine.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app

They will be replacing Ocean Liners with a smaller Qsine plus a number of new cabins. This will bring Constellation in sync with all of the other Millennium class ships which have Tuscan and Qsine.

Do they/will they still have Bistro on 5 or is that replaced by Sushi on 5?

That makes sense - You are correct that Tuscan is on deck 11. We were looking at the Ocean Liners and trying to figure out how they would be squeezing any cabins into the space. We were told that the "Wine Cellar" Room forward of the main Ocean Liners was being taken out also. Still not sure how they would fit some rooms in the space unless they move the existing Ocean Liner Kitchen forward. Do you know how they did that on the other M-Class ships?

Columbo, Sri Lanka - April 16

Up early for an excursion this morning. Temperatures are HOT and HUMID. Forecast is low of 25 / 77 and high of 32 / 89. The humidity is so high that a haze lingers over the town.

The question of Port or Starboard is one I always ponder. Happily I selected Port for this west bound sailing. I think it would be the preference as we are on the shady side of the ship which is proving to be the cooler.

We really appreciate the time you are taking from your cruise to allow us to follow along. Love your pictures.

I am chuckling with your user name. We visited a tea plantation today in Sri Lanka.

1576b120bdb0297fcc31a2a87889ef16.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That makes sense - You are correct that Tuscan is on deck 11. We were looking at the Ocean Liners and trying to figure out how they would be squeezing any cabins into the space. We were told that the "Wine Cellar" Room forward of the main Ocean Liners was being taken out also. Still not sure how they would fit some rooms in the space unless they move the existing Ocean Liner Kitchen forward. Do you know how they did that on the other M-Class ships?

The other M class ships already had Qsine on deck 11, so they converted the "Murano" clone restaurants to Tuscan. In those cases they retained the wine cellar room and did not add any new cabins.

Heard the news about adding the new cabins from the HD. He did not seem to know how that was going to work. Have been onboard for almost 5 weeks now.

Hi from South San Jose! Can't wait to read your review... it looks like an incredible itinerary!!

I'd like to echo deladane's sentiments! Fantastic itinerary.

Norris, not in California

The other M class ships already had Qsine on deck 11, so they converted the "Murano" clone restaurants to Tuscan. In those cases they retained the wine cellar room and did not add any new cabins.

Heard the news about adding the new cabins from the HD. He did not seem to know how that was going to work. Have been onboard for almost 5 weeks now.

Are you on-board? I haven't see you. I heard about the new staterooms from Petre the Luminea MD (Previous MD of Oceanlilner Rest.). we were trying to figure where they would put them.

I will try catch up today. Yesterday all my photos disappeared from Photbucket. Yikes! Happily they were all back this morning so must have been a Photobucket server glitch.

Yesterday was Columbo, Sri Lanka.

We took a CC tour that was arranged by Pamela (FoxyPamelia). Visited a Tea Plantation which was a fun day with great travel companions.

IMG_1057_zpsrem1syeu.jpg

To shade the Tea there are all types of trees - Mango, Banana, Papaya, Monkey Fruit. This is the first time I have ever seen pepper grown.

IMG_1060_zpsmu6esdh9.jpg

IMG_1061_zpsstooanm8.jpg

This plantation has a specialty called Champagne Tea which is from the very tip of the new tips. The worker only picks abou .5 Kg a day as opposed to 20Kg per day for normal tea.

IMG_1063_zps8kqteclt.jpg

Inside the factory they begin drying the tea before fermentation - Hot is an understatement. During the fermentation process the blow in additional humidity - We were all drenched with perspiration when finished the factory tour.

IMG_1067_zpsryawvcap.jpg

IMG_1070_zpsnyfqu8hr.jpg

7e4dfbc96d2eafca0b2a6b9cfb0b3e89.jpg

Saturday, April 8

It is a short hop from Sri Lanka to our first port in India but the constellation is only cruising at 8 kn today. In about 30 minutes we need to go and do Indian immigration which will be done on board.

dd38e4e828bcd39e32e8c861be1de50c.jpg

Looks like another hot and humid day at sea.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are you on-board? I haven't see you. I heard about the new staterooms from Petre the Luminea MD (Previous MD of Oceanlilner Rest.). we were trying to figure where they would put them.

Yes onboard for 5 weeks now. We are the top cruisers. Would have seen us honored at the Captain's Club Celebration. Father and son. Double Zenith. Get everything except Luminae! Say hi if you see us in MC.

Taj Mahal Here we come -

We arrive today in Cochin, India and will be hopping off the ship for 2 nights to take an adventure to Agra to see the Taj Mahal and Agra. Customs and immigration formalities were done yesterday so should be an easy exit from the ship. It is 7:00 AM and we are just pulling in to port. The ship is suppose to e cleared by 8:30.

We chose to do our excursion by private tour and will have our first driver meet us port side for our journey to the COC. Our flight was booked on Spice Air and is a direct flight to Delhi with a stop a Pune (A city I have never heard of). Looking forward to this trip with trepidations. Temperatures are currently 80 degrees in Cochin and should about 105 in Agra.