Live – Constellation Singapore – Rome 2017

Jim_Iain

This is interesting. We were on MSC Fantasia a couple of weeks ago on the same itinerary and had no safety drill. While the lights were dimmed on the outer decks, there was no restriction on using these decks, or using your balcony. We were not advised that we had to draw our curtains or stay inside.

Thanks for posting all of this information and photos. We board Constellation right after you! Did I understand correctly that Rich will remain on as Cruise Director? Enjoy your voyage

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks for posting all of this information and photos. We board Constellation right after you! Did I understand correctly that Rich will remain on as Cruise Director? Enjoy your voyage

My understanding is Rich will still be on-board.

don't get me wrong it sounds like a good cruise but if I had to weigh up seeing that part of the world versus the barricade/blackout times for me it would be somewhere else.

Understand you feelings but in reality it really wasn't as much as a burden as you would think. This portion of the cruise is like a Transatlantic being at sea for 5 days. There really isn't anything to see and the positive side has been that the star watching has been extraordinary.

We passed into the Red Sea last night and restrictions have now been lifted. Now it is just like any other cruise.

Understand you feelings but in reality it really wasn't as much as a burden as you would think. This portion of the cruise is like a Transatlantic being at sea for 5 days. There really isn't anything to see and the positive side has been that the star watching has been extraordinary.

We passed into the Red Sea last night and restrictions have now been lifted. Now it is just like any other cruise.

Love your Positive attitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Jim (and Ian)!

We were your next door neighbors on your Constellation cruise 6 years ago. We were in the suite just aft of yours. We are really enjoying your live reports. Hope the rest of your cruise is just as enjoyable!

---Gisele and Jim Phipps---

Hi Jim (and Ian)!

We were your next door neighbors on your Constellation cruise 6 years ago. We were in the suite just aft of yours. We are really enjoying your live reports. Hope the rest of your cruise is just as enjoyable!

---Gisele and Jim Phipps---

Gisele and Jim -

Wonderful haring from you. It is amazing how often we have met neighbors on future cruises.

I'm enjoying doing the blog as well. It helps me keep grounded and remember what day it is. It is amazing when away for 30 days how each day begins to meld into the next.

Jim

The weather changed overnight. Awoke to 25-30 knot winds and cool temperatures.

I usually walk 15 miles a day doing laps on deck 10 and 11. The winds are so stiff in locations that is difficult to walk. May have to do my walking inside today.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for doing this live report! Cruises outside of the typical Caribbean/Alaska/Med have always intrigued me. I am loving this!

Silly question, do they still have the black and white cookies at Cafe Al Bacio? That was my first ever black and white cookie, I am a sentimental person ;p

Just went down and took a look. Unfortunately no Black and White cookies. I'll take a look tomorrow and see.

Thank you for doing this live report! Cruises outside of the typical Caribbean/Alaska/Med have always intrigued me. I am loving this!

Silly question, do they still have the black and white cookies at Cafe Al Bacio? That was my first ever black and white cookie, I am a sentimental person ;p

Your first ever...you poor thing! Black and white cookies are the best...I hope that Bacio will re-stock by the time we board next week.

Nice bright day but on the cool side. Temps this morning about 68 f and really windy. Hopefully the winds will drop once on land.

Yesterday the winds were so strong you could hardly walk on deck 10.

c7358586513c940474774d5436436655.jpg

We are off to explore Petra today

Inhabited since prehistoric times, this Nabataean caravan-city, situated between the Red Sea and the Dead Sea, was an important crossroads between Arabia, Egypt and Syria-Phoenicia. Petra is half-built, half-carved into the rock, and is surrounded by mountains riddled with passages and gorges. It is one of the world's most famous archaeological sites, where ancient Eastern traditions blend with Hellenistic architecture.

Jordan+Petra.JPG