Live – Constellation Singapore – Rome 2017

Jim_Iain

We will not be going back to Jordan anytime soon, and probably never! We were there 3-4 years ago with a church group. I have to say that the Dead Sea was a disappointment...or at least not what I expected. Very dirty and greasy in the area that we were to swim in. I did not get in. :( Now, a boat ride on the Sea of Galilee was a highlight! :)

Why would you not return to Petra?

Sorry to hear you did not enjoy Petra. It is our experience that no two people experience a cruise or location in the same way.

We were lucky that it is late April and the temperatures were in the low 70's. Even with the low temperatures the sun was very intense.

I am sure others will share how their visit was in hotter months.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Today we arrived Athens around 08:00. It was a little chilly at about 62 when we left the ship. I dressed too warm and the layers came off quickly. By the time we hiked to the top of the Acropolis it was close to 80.

9f4948bf8d432e9153643519043526dd.jpg

14757b2fbf6ea67b06d7976208225073.jpg

00ca964479153c2ff9cd54818f577001.jpg

Last night we looked looked at our options for the day. Celebrity had a number of tours priced 100-130 pp or we could do it on our own.

We really enjoy just taking off on our own so chose to sleep in and have a full breakfast before disembarking. Constellation was berthed at Terminal B which is about the furthest from town. They offered a free shuttle to Terminal A. We had queried and metered cabs were about 18-20 Euros to the Acropolis and Uber was quoting 12-16.

It was less than a mile to the Subway station which is located at the tip of the bay. It was an interesting walk and we enjoyed the fresh fish and fruit markets. Tickets were 4.40 euros round trip.

Why would you not return to Petra?

I would love to have the opportunity to go back, but we will probably not because there are so many other places that need to be seen on our bucket list. ;)

Sorry to hear you did not enjoy Petra. It is our experience that no two people experience a cruise or location in the same way.

We were lucky that it is late April and the temperatures were in the low 70's. Even with the low temperatures the sun was very intense.

I am sure others will share how their visit was in hotter months.

Not sure where you got the notion that we did not enjoy Petra.:confused: I raved about Petra in my first post. We loved it! It was the Dead Sea that was a bit disappointing. Believe me...it's dead alright! :D

Thank you for the information and photos from Athens. Will be there in a couple of weeks or so. ;) It will be our second trip there.

Katakolon is our final port. Olympia is about the only place to visit so have opted to stroll the small village and enjoy a relaxing day. Temps are a mild mid-70's day with only slight breezes.

5bb805892cae96fb521da8ed40bbe4c4.jpg

616ae1d0a49dbfa06843d97bb61da952.jpg

a0bc4908a44d27d0b456c940184a8df2.jpg

The ship was empty this afternoon.

1e7f676e7c4751af7be23cfeb4ad395a.jpg

Last night we looked looked at our options for the day. Celebrity had a number of tours priced 100-130 pp or we could do it on our own.

We really enjoy just taking off on our own so chose to sleep in and have a full breakfast before disembarking. Constellation was berthed at Terminal B which is about the furthest from town. They offered a free shuttle to Terminal A. We had queried and metered cabs were about 18-20 Euros to the Acropolis and Uber was quoting 12-16.

It was less than a mile to the Subway station which is located at the tip of the bay. It was an interesting walk and we enjoyed the fresh fish and fruit markets. Tickets were 4.40 euros round trip.

Good to know my travél partner will be on tour, I was wondering how to get to Plaka and the Acropolis museum. I will use the subway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm a little late catching up to your trip here but wanted to tell you how much I've enjoyed traveling with you this afternoon.

We did our first TA on the Constellation and fell in love with this ship so I've had a great time reading all about your trip....I'm sort of sad for you that it's almost over.

Angela Z.

Awoke to a beautiful view of Sicily. After a month on Constellation it is sad to realize our Sea portion of our trip will soon be over.

Temperatures are to be a high of 65 and clear skies.

a71436a7954e659d4b088efce3bb53e9.jpg

fb3b0a383b2d3235c0186be9f74604d5.jpg

Jim,

I can understand you're all toured out :) but for others visiting Katakolon, Olympia is definitely worth a visit - the museum is pretty good too ;).

We spoke with many that took tours of Olympia. As you said - they indicated it was worth the visit and they had a nice day out.

Good to know my travél partner will be on tour, I was wondering how to get to Plaka and the Acropolis museum. I will use the subway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Best way is to use Google Maps and then select either Train or on foot.

It looks like the closest stop is Acropoli on Red Line M2. Walking distance is about 4 minutes and there will be signs.

Jim and Iain, we are doing the identical trip next April, if I think of any question between now and then to Ask you guys, will it be ok to email you through the year ? ( just in case)

( we have always had Celebrity Suites like you did, sadly the cruise next yr is in Concierge.. )

Thank you Jim for taking the time to do this really informative review.

I started reading along as I was interested in the Singapore to Dubai leg with a view to next year. The entry into the India ports seems very difficult even on X excursions (off which I am not a fan because of the numbers), I would be interested to hear any one else's experiences on the ports.

I hope you had a wonderful holiday certainly looked so, and wish you a very same journey home.

Constellation arrived at Civitivetchi around 5:30. Ship was cleared at 7:00. There was no rush getting off the ship.

We grabbed a free shuttle from the ship to port entrance. There was a bus waiting for the train station. The cost of the bus was 2 euros pp and has luggage facilities under bus.

We are off to Florence using a 2 country 4 stop eurorail pass. We were booked on a 9:15 but decided to jump on the first train to come into the station at 7:55.

For those doing the train to Rome you enter the terminal and follow signs to track 3. You have to go down and under the tracks and back up. There are no elevators so be prepared to lug your luggage.