No such thing as a 'free lunch'? O's FREE 3-night Land Tours?

greydog

Just saw the following O website offer, currently applicable to 16 cruises.

FREE 3 Night Land Tours

Take advantage of this unrivaled opportunity to immerse yourself in the most sought-after destinations. Choose between a FREE 3-night pre- or post-cruise land tour or $700 voyage credit or choose a deluxe land tour from $199-$999 per guest depending on the tour and voyage*. Upgrade details vary by land tour, please call

855-623-2642 for details.

Anyone know the general details of this 'free' offer? And which location's are likely to be covered under such a promo. I did O board keyword search before asking and did not locate any discussions. I could call BUT there's the TA-inferface issue, right? Thanks

BTW, website also says 'all cabin categories are eligible' on those selected trips. A little sleuthing shows 10 'free 3-night tours' are Nautica, balance of 6 on Insignia. Also shortest cruise with the offer is 15 nights, many 18+ nights. So I guess this is a promo targeted to slow selling trips. DUH - Is it that simple?

We are doing Bridgetown- Capetown on Insignia 26 days Jan 13 /18 and taking the Wineland Tour with mini safari for the 3 days Free ( at a value cost of $700 each) this is a great deal with luxurious hotel for 2 nights bus tours and some meals included.

You can phone O and ask about your desired trip.Friends took the trip from Dubai in Nov ended with Capetown and said the 3 days were fabulous.

We are on the 2/4/18 15 Nautical sailing from Hong Kong to Bangkok with that offering. It's a good deal, especially since it includes all transfers. If you don't like the deal, take the $700 and be happy! That cruise is also offering a 10% discount to Club members!

We are on the 2/4/18 15 Nautical sailing from Hong Kong to Bangkok with that offering. It's a good deal, especially since it includes all transfers. If you don't like the deal, take the $700 and be happy! That cruise is also offering a 10% discount to Club members!

Sounds to me like a great deal. Don't think you can buy those 3 nights on your on for 700.00

We were on the recent March 6 sailing of the Riviera. While onboard we booked an outside cabin for the April 2018 sailing from Bangkok to Mumbai. The travel consultant told us that the 3 day excursion to the Taj Majal was included in the cost of the cruise. Needless to say this seemed like a wonderful offer to us. Later in the day the travel consultant called our room to advise us that there would be an additional charge of $329 per person for a hotel since the excursion was already full. We cancelled the cruise since it just seemed very misleading. We were booking over a year in advance and the offer was already "sold out". I guess it is possible, but we should have been told that up front.

Steve;

Nothing on O is real time. You can do a cabin request that shows as available, but then be told it's sold. I've signed up for O shore excursions, to be emailed back and told they're sold out. You never know how many rooms or other logistical requirements O might be able to contract for. I've been on cruises where PH and above sold out the day bookings opened. Most were President by high volume TAs.

We are doing Bridgetown- Capetown on Insignia 26 days Jan 13 /18 and taking the Wineland Tour with mini safari for the 3 days Free ( at a value cost of $700 each) this is a great deal with luxurious hotel for 2 nights bus tours and some meals included.

You can phone O and ask about your desired trip.Friends took the trip from Dubai in Nov ended with Capetown and said the 3 days were fabulous.

Glad to hear that the 3 day wine and safari tour after Bridgetown to Capetown segment of 2018 WC is good. We are booked and looking forward to it. We did a 14 day safari in Tanzania and Kenya a few years back and found that safari even in very nice luxury is tiring and dirty and the animals we spent hours eyeing in the first days were passed off on day 10 as just another giraffe or "hey look that lion only has 3 legs -- worth looking at!" I think 3 days will be lovely and then DONE.

We are looking at this cruise. Where do you see the 10% discount for club members? I can't find it anywhere.

We are looking at this cruise. Where do you see the 10% discount for club members? I can't find it anywhere.

when you bring up the cruise on the website click on " View all offers " under the box about O life & cruise only

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Asia-cruises/hong-kong-to-bangkok-NAU180204/special-offers/?sr=%2fcruise-finder%2f%23sailDates%3d2018%7c02%23ships%3dNAU

We had a free trip in Myanmar to Bagan with O and it was wonderful. We were on two segments of an "around the world" cruise.

I too am glad to hear the South African extra is worthwhile. I was considering it.

Frances

We had a free trip in Myanmar to Bagan with O and it was wonderful. We were on two segments of an "around the world" cruise.

I too am glad to hear the South African extra is worthwhile. I was considering it.

Frances

Was the trip pre or post or an overland excursion? We are booked for an overland on our cruise in April 2018 but it's not free or included in the fare price.

We were on the recent March 6 sailing of the Riviera. While onboard we booked an outside cabin for the April 2018 sailing from Bangkok to Mumbai. The travel consultant told us that the 3 day excursion to the Taj Majal was included in the cost of the cruise. Needless to say this seemed like a wonderful offer to us. Later in the day the travel consultant called our room to advise us that there would be an additional charge of $329 per person for a hotel since the excursion was already full. We cancelled the cruise since it just seemed very misleading. We were booking over a year in advance and the offer was already "sold out". I guess it is possible, but we should have been told that up front.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Forums mobile app

Was the trip pre or post or an overland excursion? We are booked for an overland on our cruise in April 2018 but it's not free or included in the fare price.

Our Bagan was a freebie in the middle of our long trip (Grand Voyage from Barcelona to Singapore. We had three days (or thereabouts) in Yangon (Rangoon) and we had a flight with overnight in Bagan. It was totally free except for a tip for our excellent guide.