help me decide- Oasis vs Adventure?

Hi everyone,

I know this is going to be subjective but I am torn between these 2 cruise options, and would like to hear input from those who have been to these ports. We only have 1 available week to cruise in August (19-27) due to work. My priority is to have at least one, hopefully 2 good ports for scuba diving (we are PADI open water certified). Was looking at Adventure OTS on 8/19 which goes to St Maarten and ABC islands - great itinerary! However, with the sale on Oasis (Nassau, St Thomas, St Maarten) just last night, the price for an interior on adventure will be $200 more expensive than the neighborhood balcony guarantee on Oasis! We have already sailed on Oasis once, and liked it, and Navigator which we like a little less, but as long as there is a flowrider we have no strong preferences about the ship.

So the questions are:

1) Is the scuba diving decent on St Thomas? Not comparable to Bonaire probably, but would you scuba there?

2) Do you think the itinerary on Adventure is worth the price difference?

Thank you in advance for your thoughts on the matter!

JM

There is no choice here definitely Adventure, you will have the best scuba there, as far as St. Thomas for scuba you be very sorry if you choose the Oasis.....What the heck is $200 if you love to scuba and going to the right places to do it, the money isn't much savings, so go for what fits you best and thats the Adventure.

She was also updated/dry dock not long ago too!

Adventure, without a doubt. Bonaire is considered one of the best scuba diving destinations in the world. Book your Adventure cabin and watch for price drops as the date approaches. When a price drop happens, call RC for a price adjustment or an upgrade if you're past the final payment date.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts on the matter!

JM

I'm about to dive in Bonaire next month, so that will be a first.

I've dove in St Thomas, My favorite was with Blue Island Divers. Oasis is in Nassau such a short time, but Royal uses Stuart Cove's there and they do a nice job too.