You have to love this !

EDLOS

Some one is listening to guest.

Mr. Del Rio has been working in the cruise industry as a Senior Executive for several cruise lines for many years. He has the experience in the industry that both Mr. Ashford and Mr. Donald lack.

That's where I was confused with Del Rio's comments and your first post. They said the design was a "departure" from "typically closed decks," but the last 3 ships they built not only have a promenade, but also a Waterfront with restaurants, bars and seating areas with couches. This area on Escape was one of the nicest outdoor promenades I've ever seen on a ship. Yes, I think HAL could learn a lot from NCL in this particular area.

enhance

Help me please, what deck level is this, not seeing any lifeboats and on what ship in their fleet, and is this a walking promenade that goes completely around the ship ??

Help me please, what deck level is this, not seeing any lifeboats and on what ship in their fleet, and is this a walking promenade that goes completely around the ship ??

This is on Breakaway, Getaway and Escape (soon also on Joy and Bliss). The lifeboat deck is 1 deck below this, which is also where the shuffleboard courts are. This deck, called Waterfront, does not go all the way around. It goes around the stern, but not the bow.

The Waterfront is on deck 8. It does not go all the way around the ship though. We're booked on a cruise on the Escape later this year, so I've been researching the ship.

Here's the deck plan.

69aad753b8ce49172790711182a998aa.jpg

The Waterfront is on deck 8. It does not go all the way around the ship though. We're booked on a cruise on the Escape later this year, so I've been researching the ship.

Here's the deck plan.

69aad753b8ce49172790711182a998aa.jpg

Deck 8 is a long way up from the promenade Deck 3 on HAL ships. I think Norwegian is talking about a much lower deck on the new Leonardo Class to be down to the sea. On Hal's Promenade Deck sitting out under a blanket hearing the swish of the sea is a beautiful thing at night.

Edited by EDLOS
spelling

Deck 8 is a long way up from the promenade Deck 3 on HAL ships. I think Norwegian is talking about a much lower deck on the new Leonardo Class to be down to the sea. On Hal's Promenade Deck sitting out under a blanket hearing the swish of the sea is a beautiful thing at night.

Yes, it's pretty high up. It's a nice looking space, but it's about as high up as HAL's Lido.

My husband and I both noticed how popular the Promenade Deck loungers were on our recent Zuiderdam cruise. Many afternoons there were few chairs available as they are a wonderful spot for folks who don't always want all the sun to sit and enjoy the sea.

It's my Mum's favourite spot. I think she is going to be sad when she sees nowhere for her to sit. :(