Premium all inclusive?

Jake70

Does anyone have anymore news about NCL's "premium all inclusive" program?

http://newsroom.itb-berlin.de/en/news/norwegian-cruise-line-successful-introduction-premium-all-inclusive-services

and

https://www.ncl.com/no/en/all-inclusive

Pretty self-explanatory, but I was wondering what is gonna happen to those cruisers that have booked their packages already? ;-)

It appeared on the Irish site for a while yesterday , but it's gone again now.

The detail page didn't work at the time.

PREMIUM ALL INCLUSIVE value-added - worth more than € 1.400 per stateroom

INCLUDED: WIDE CHOICE OF PREMIUM ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES

INCLUDED: SOFT DRINKS AND BOTTLED WATER

INCLUDED: UNRIVALLED DINING EXPERIENCES

INCLUDED: AWARD-WINNING ENTERTAINMENT

INCLUDED: CASUAL DINING 24/7

INCLUDED: SERVICE CHARGE AND GRATUITIES

INCLUDED: SELECTED SPECIALITY COFFEES WITH MEALS

INCLUDED: JUNIOR AND YOUTH PROGRAMMES

INCLUDED: FUN AQUA PARKS, MODERN SPORTS FACILITIES, ROPES COURSES …**

INCLUDED FOR OUR GUESTS IN THE HAVEN AND SUITES: SPECIALITY DINING PACKAGE, INTERNET PACKAGE AND ON-BOARD CREDIT

Found this on their Norwegian website:

overview of Premium All Inclusive

Wide choice of premium alcoholic beverages for adults included

Guests 21 and older will enjoy spirits, bottled or draft beer, wines by the glass and cocktails of up to US $ 15 as well as light beer, soft drinks and juices. 18% gratuity included.

A 20% discount will be given on bottles of wine, champagne and sparkling wine, purchased on board. (Applicable taxes and VAT may apply based on certain destinations). Does not include: wines by the glass and draft or bottled beer above US $ 15, room service, package sales, bottled water (one litre per person per day for free), ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated super premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, fresh squeezed juices, speciality coffees ordered through room service, at bars or at the coffee bar in the Atrium, wine dispenser or vending machines, energy drinks, mini bar, ice bar.

Soft drinks and juices for children and adolescents included

Guests 2–20 years will enjoy unlimited soft drinks, water and juices (not fresh squeezed) in all bars, in all lounges and restaurants during the entire cruise. 18% gratuity included.

Young adults between 18 and 20 years of age can purchase and personally consume wine and beer whilst on board only with the consent of an accompanying parent, with the exception of Alaska itineraries.

Additional beverages for all guests (2 years and older) included

One bottle of water (1 litre) per person per day available in the stateroom. 18% gratuity included.

Wide range of speciality coffees served in all restaurants on board at meal times. 18% gratuity included.

Service charge and gratuities included

All gratuities and tips related to the all-inclusive services are included as well as the service charge.

An 18% gratuity will automatically be added to guest's accounts for dining options and spa treatments not included in the cruise fare. We encourage guests utilising these additional services to acknowledge good service provided by the staff members with appropriate gratuities. We recommend to guests staying in Suites who receive services from a butler or concierge to acknowledge service provided appropriately.

Pretty self-explanatory, but I was wondering what is gonna happen to those cruisers that have booked their packages already? ;-)

Nothing will happen to them. They didn't book under the premium all-inclusive offer, so they will simply get whatever perks were included in their booking, plus any packages they may have purchased separately.

If you have an existing booking, you should check the price of the cruise after your country switches over to All-Inclusive. In most cases, you will find that you are really paying for everything, and then some, compared to the previous pricing, or compared to the concurrent pricing in other NCL regional offices.

And they probably wouldn't let you switch your booking over to the new offer, anyway, because the booking conditions in Europe don't allow that (unless you agree to pay a cancellation penalty).

I just wanted to mention that if I wanted to book today a certain 9-days cruise for May 2018 that I am interested in, there is a very large price difference between booking it through NCL in the US (without the Premium All Inclusive) and booking it through one of NCL's offices in Europe and having the Premium All Inclusive included - $1199 (per person) without the PAI booked through the US office and equivalent $1845 (p.p.) for booking it through the EU office with the PAI included. So yes, you certainly have to pay quite much to have it "included" - for some it will be well worth it, and for others not so much....

$1199 (per person) without the PAI booked through the US office and equivalent $1845 (p.p.) for booking it through the EU office with the PAI included.
But don't forget about the taxes and fees, that are probably not included in the $1199 price. But I'm sure it works out to be a worse deal with the all-inclusive, as you said.

Still, it's worth comparing prices because you never know, for other sailings.

But don't forget about the taxes and fees, that are probably not included in the $1199 price. But I'm sure it works out to be a worse deal with the all-inclusive, as you said.

Still, it's worth comparing prices because you never know, for other sailings.

I just checked, and the price I quoted for US market was like you suspected without taxes - but the taxes are only in total $ 361 for the two of us- so the price difference is still a significant amount of money... Instead of a total of $2759 without the Premium All Inclusive we would have to pay a total of $3690 - so "just" $931 extra to have it included for two persons for a 9 days cruise. ;)

Currently, the total benefit of the all-inclusive package is $14.22 (the 18% service charge on the UBP) + $13.99 (the current DSC for non-suite categories) per person per day. Plus the price of a bottle of water, and however many specialty coffees you are likely to have at mealtimes, let's say another $12. So figure about $40 per person per day.

This is assuming, of course, that you choose the UBP as your first perk in the US. And if you are getting a second perk with your US booking (for example SDP), you have to subtract the value of that.

So in TrumpyNor's example, they would paying at least $100 per person too much for the all-inclusive ($931 for benefits worth only around $720). For other sailings it could be the other way around, and the all-inclusive could work out a bit cheaper. Everyone should check for themselves. And for people in other situations (e.g. more than two adults in the cabin who all want the UBP), it probably makes sense to book the all-inclusive offer (although you would have to look at the 3rd & 4th guest fares).

So this is an "offer"? As in you have the right to accept or deny this option?

I've been trying to log on to NCL for 45 minutes, and the site is unavailable. Just wanted to check what the pricing has done for my sailing.

So this is an "offer"? As in you have the right to accept or deny this option?
Not quite. It's an "offer", as in "take it or leave it" if you want to book in the relevant countries. If your country is the US, you won't be offered it at all (for now).

Not quite. It's an "offer", as in "take it or leave it" if you want to book in the relevant countries. If your country is the US, you won't be offered it at all (for now).

Finally a benefit for us Europeans; taking NCL's premium all in offer via EU or booking through an US based TA! :)

Finally a benefit for us Europeans; taking NCL's premium all in offer via EU or booking through an US based TA!

I would think people in North America could book through the EU/UK site, just haven't ever wanted to before? Never tried it.

It says it's available in Hawaii but doesn't list the UBP on the Hawaii Free at Sea options. It's a little ambiguous but I hope it's available.
Free At Sea is a different program, and once Premium All-Inclusive goes live on April 6, Free At Sea should disappear from the UK website.

I don't fully understand the liquor laws in Hawaii, but evidently you are allowed to give people unlimited alcohol as part of their cruise fare, but you are not allowed to offer unlimited alcohol as an optional add-on.

Free At Sea is a different program, and once Premium All-Inclusive goes live on April 6, Free At Sea should disappear from the UK website.

I don't fully understand the liquor laws in Hawaii, but evidently you are allowed to give people unlimited alcohol as part of their cruise fare, but you are not allowed to offer unlimited alcohol as an optional add-on.

I got a similar impression from a UK NCL PCC I spoke to today. You can't sell it as an add on but if it's included it's OK. He said he had heard that it was included as part of the initial trial in Germany so he predicted that as the current Free at Sea promotion ended on 5th April, it would be included as the Premium Unlimited promotion starts on 6th April.

• 1 month later...
Found this on their Norwegian website:

overview of Premium All Inclusive

Wide choice of premium alcoholic beverages for adults included

Guests 21 and older will enjoy spirits, bottled or draft beer, wines by the glass and cocktails of up to US $ 15 as well as light beer, soft drinks and juices. 18% gratuity included.

A 20% discount will be given on bottles of wine, champagne and sparkling wine, purchased on board. (Applicable taxes and VAT may apply based on certain destinations). Does not include: wines by the glass and draft or bottled beer above US $ 15, room service, package sales, bottled water (one litre per person per day for free), ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated super premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, fresh squeezed juices, speciality coffees ordered through room service, at bars or at the coffee bar in the Atrium, wine dispenser or vending machines, energy drinks, mini bar, ice bar.

Soft drinks and juices for children and adolescents included

Guests 2–20 years will enjoy unlimited soft drinks, water and juices (not fresh squeezed) in all bars, in all lounges and restaurants during the entire cruise. 18% gratuity included.

Young adults between 18 and 20 years of age can purchase and personally consume wine and beer whilst on board only with the consent of an accompanying parent, with the exception of Alaska itineraries.

Additional beverages for all guests (2 years and older) included

One bottle of water (1 litre) per person per day available in the stateroom. 18% gratuity included.

Wide range of speciality coffees served in all restaurants on board at meal times. 18% gratuity included.

Service charge and gratuities included

All gratuities and tips related to the all-inclusive services are included as well as the service charge.

An 18% gratuity will automatically be added to guest's accounts for dining options and spa treatments not included in the cruise fare. We encourage guests utilising these additional services to acknowledge good service provided by the staff members with appropriate gratuities. We recommend to guests staying in Suites who receive services from a butler or concierge to acknowledge service provided appropriately.

HAVE NCL CHANGED THE CONTENT OF THE "PREMIUM ALL INCLUSIVE" RECENTLY???

I booked a cruise for 2018 under the new "Premium All Inclusive" program almost two months ago, and I am pretty certain that on ncl.com at the time of my booking it stated clearly that also the daily service charges for all cabin categories except Haven and Suites (as is also partly quoted above from another poster here on CC).

Today both my husband and I received in the mail (regular mail, not e-mail) the newest cruise catalog from NCL including a letter "explaining" and promoting the "Feel Free to cruise Premium All Inclusive". And it seems to me like they now have changed the text regarding the service charges, as it now says "Service charges on all our inclusive services are included in your holiday cost". And it states the same on ncl.com as well - it just says "Service charges on all our inclusive services are included in your holiday cost."

https://www.ncl.com/no/en/all-inclusive

To me that seems that the daily service charges p.p. per day is NOT included anymore??? I have an amenity confirmation that I requested at the time of the booking, that states that our price includes "Prepaid Service Charges for All Cat except for Haven and Suites ". Can I be certain that means the daily service charge, or could NCL now say that it is only "Service charges on all their INCLUSIVE services" like drinks, specialty coffee, that are included??? I am certainly going to contact NCL about this, but I just wanted to ask the CC community what you think. Could it be that I totally misunderstood what was supposed to be included from the beginning???

I have an amenity confirmation that I requested at the time of the booking, that states that our price includes "Prepaid Service Charges for All Cat except for Haven and Suites ". Can I be certain that means the daily service charge, or could NCL now say that it is only "Service charges on all their INCLUSIVE services" like drinks, specialty coffee, that are included??? I am certainly going to contact NCL about this, but I just wanted to ask the CC community what you think. Could it be that I totally misunderstood what was supposed to be included from the beginning???

On my amenity confirmation it also states that "60 minutes free internet" is included in the Premium All Inclusive program, and that inclusion also seems to have "disappeared" on ncl.com since the time of my booking....

I think they've updated the website in an attempt to clarify that the all inclusive package includes gratuities AND service charges/tips.

I never saw any mention of free internet being included when I booked towards the end of April (except for Haven & Suites)

I travel in a few weeks time so I hope I don't have any unexpected expenses.

Edited to add... just checked MyNCL to see what it says in my booking summary... and the service charges part is currently unavailable. My full booking completely disappeared last week, so I'll check again tomorrow.

I have never seen internet offered for lower categories, either, so I think that must be some other offer that TrumpyNor got on top of the Premium All-Inclusive. Or it was a special version of the offer for Norway :)

I wouldn't be worried about the daily service charge, I'm sure it's still included.

I think they've updated the website in an attempt to clarify that the all inclusive package includes gratuities AND service charges/tips.

I never saw any mention of free internet being included when I booked towards the end of April (except for Haven & Suites)

I travel in a few weeks time so I hope I don't have any unexpected expenses.

Edited to add... just checked MyNCL to see what it says in my booking summary... and the service charges part is currently unavailable. My full booking completely disappeared last week, so I'll check again tomorrow.

I have never seen internet offered for lower categories, either, so I think that must be some other offer that TrumpyNor got on top of the Premium All-Inclusive. Or it was a special version of the offer for Norway :)

I wouldn't be worried about the daily service charge, I'm sure it's still included.

Thank you to both of you for taking the time to reply to my "worries".

I see now that in the original confirmation that I received from NCL by e-mail, it actually contained two different versions of the confirmation, and one had the total list of "add-ons" listed (this is in addition to the amenity confirmation that I mentioned earlier) - please see link to photo below. You are probably right - that maybe the Premium All Inclusive was different for Norway (as it includes also some OBC, 60 min. internet p.p. and two bottles of water p.p. per day), at least at the time of my booking (beginning of April). Well, since I have everything in writing I am not worried anymore. :)

JzkQ5gs62q6DUG3c7https://goo.gl/photos/JzkQ5gs62q6DUG3c7

You are probably right - that maybe the Premium All Inclusive was different for Norway (as it includes also some OBC, 60 min. internet p.p. and two bottles of water p.p. per day), at least at the time of my booking (beginning of April).
In your link I only see 1 bottle of water per person. I can believe they would give you free internet and OBC, even free diamonds and tanzanite. But a second bottle of water, never. :D