Cheers! and Half Moon Cay

Any issue with taking a few beers from the ship to HMC ?

Not that I'm aware of and if you like specific beer, I'd recommend it. Because all food and drinks are brought off the ship to the two bars on HMC, it is a VERY limited selection of drinks, especially if you like the fruity/tropical drinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't get bringing beer if they sell it on the island. You can't get buckets with Cheers anyway, so why drag beer and cooler around?

People will go to great lengths to save 60 cents on a bottle of water, yet blow $100's on bingo games and cruise ship jewelry that will turn your skin green in a few days....I don't get it either [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I take my cooler and beer with me to save a few $ but also I don't have to fight the crowds at the bars when I want a beer and if you wait for servers to come around and back to you you have a long wait and my beer stays colder in my own cooler. I have to sit in the shade and this works good for me.

Do the drinks you purchase at HMC count against the 15 on Cheers once you get back onboard the ship? Because if they do, they shouldn't be including any HMC port day in the Cheers package they sell. They're getting paid for a day you can't use it, if that makes sense.

Do the drinks you purchase at HMC count against the 15 on Cheers once you get back onboard the ship? Because if they do, they shouldn't be including any HMC port day in the Cheers package they sell. They're getting paid for a day you can't use it, if that makes sense.

They dont accept the Cheers program on HMC....they do serve drinks, but you will pay for them by the drink....Its not true they are not letting you use it. Its similar to any other port stop. If you go into port, you cant use your "Cheers" card in a bar, you pay for drinks. No one is forcing you off the ship to HMC. Once you get back to the ship, your Cheers program is back in effect

They dont accept the Cheers program on HMC....they do serve drinks, but you will pay for them by the drink....Its not true they are not letting you use it. Its similar to any other port stop. If you go into port, you cant use your "Cheers" card in a bar, you pay for drinks. No one is forcing you off the ship to HMC. Once you get back to the ship, your Cheers program is back in effect

It's not similar to any other port stop, which is why I asked. It's owned by Carnival corporation, so if they start entering drinks purchased on HMC into the cheers system when they get back onboard, possibly resulting in you not being able to use your cheers for that evening, it matters. Maybe a better way to phrase the question, though I thought it was clear, is "Do they enter the amount purchased into the cheers system once they go back so that the quantity of whatever you purchased out of pocket counts against the 15?" If they do, Cheers shouldn't be charged for any HMC day. You can't charge for a beverage program on a day they are counting what you had to purchase out-of-pocket against what they are supposed to provide.

It's not similar to any other port stop, which is why I asked. It's owned by Carnival corporation, so if they start entering drinks purchased on HMC into the cheers system when they get back onboard, possibly resulting in you not being able to use your cheers for that evening, it matters. Maybe a better way to phrase the question, though I thought it was clear, is "Do they enter the amount purchased into the cheers system once they go back so that the quantity of whatever you purchased out of pocket counts against the 15?" If they do, Cheers shouldn't be charged for any HMC day. You can't charge for a beverage program on a day they are counting what you had to purchase out-of-pocket against what they are supposed to provide.

Any drinks purchased on HMC is a pay for by the drink and has no impact on the cheers program....so basically you can buy 100 drinks on HMC. If you havent purchased any drinks on board before leaving for HMC, you will have your full allotment of 15 drinks for the night....better?

Any drinks purchased on HMC is a pay for by the drink and has no impact on the cheers program....so basically you can buy 100 drinks on HMC. If you havent purchased any drinks on board before leaving for HMC, you will have your full allotment of 15 drinks for the night....better?

Okay, great. Thanks. This is exactly what I was looking for because it factors into my decision to purchase it. On an 8 day, in a port where the program cannot start until day 2, the program is for 7. If HMC, which is a stop, was also taken out of the equation but still charged for, I wouldn't have done it.

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...