Considering Bermuda [emoji41]!

seadancer

DH and I usually cruise the Caribbean and I've been thinking about going to Bermuda. We don't frequent the beaches but have been known to go every once in a while. We don't drink alcohol but love to try local food.

Any suggestions to explain to DH what there is to see there? What activities could we do? What about excursions?

Thank you for your help!

bermuda was my 1st cruise ever. i need at least 3 more trips!

local food i did was hog penny and swizzle inn and the undewater museum.

i'm not a hiker but i did some of tom moores jungle and saw the caves and water it was very cool

did the zoo but that is very tiny. good for rainy day. i wanted to do helmet diving but it was canceled.

walking around hamilton is fun, doing the little shops and supermarkets (case of soda is 30 bucks! )

ez to ride the bus, get a 2 or 3 day pass for that and the ferry.

i'm 100% sure you wont regret at least 1 trip to bermuda. just make sure you have 2 or 3 full days there.

Great to hear! All we'd ever heard of was the beaches. Pink sand is neat but we like to do several other things too. Is this a location where you can do different tours? We usually contact local companies ourselves instead of paying through the cruise line.

I read that the US dollar equals their dollar. Are most things that someone might want to buy reasonably priced or expensive? I read above that a case of soda was $30!

We'll have 1.5 days there. What shouldn't we miss?

Thank you again!

Great to hear! All we'd ever heard of was the beaches. Pink sand is neat but we like to do several other things too. Is this a location where you can do different tours? We usually contact local companies ourselves instead of paying through the cruise line.

I read that the US dollar equals their dollar. Are most things that someone might want to buy reasonably priced or expensive? I read above that a case of soda was $30!

We'll have 1.5 days there. What shouldn't we miss?

Thank you again!

We know you don't care for beaches, so what appeals to you? Did anything in the 'to do' list (link provided in post #2) interest you???

SBtS

We know you don't care for beaches, so what appeals to you? Did anything in the 'to do' list (link provided in post #2) interest you???

SBtS

I hadn't had a chance to talk to DH yet or look at the list. It's extensive! I looked at some of it and went to the tourism site so they would send us a tourist guide.

DH likes to fish, we like to whale watch, any helicopter tours? We haven't done a helicopter tour but would like to. I read we could take the ferry around the island.

We've been on tours in Mexico where you went to the person's house and they taught you how to cook authentic Mexican cuisine. We booked it with suggestions from cc and trip advisor. It was great!

Thanks to all for your input!

I hadn't had a chance to talk to DH yet or look at the list. It's extensive! I looked at some of it and went to the tourism site so they would send us a tourist guide.

DH likes to fish, we like to whale watch, any helicopter tours? We haven't done a helicopter tour but would like to. I read we could take the ferry around the island.

We've been on tours in Mexico where you went to the person's house and they taught you how to cook authentic Mexican cuisine. We booked it with suggestions from cc and trip advisor. It was great!

Thanks to all for your input!

When is the cruise you are considering? Does it dock at the Dockyard? What days of the week? There is fishing. Whale watching depends on the time of year. Take a look at this web site Island Tour Centre. https://www.islandtourcentre.com/ That will give you some ideas about excursions. Also you can do a taxi tour of the island. I think that would be better than a helicopter tour.

When is the cruise you are considering? Does it dock at the Dockyard? What days of the week? There is fishing. Whale watching depends on the time of year. Take a look at this web site Island Tour Centre. https://www.islandtourcentre.com/ That will give you some ideas about excursions. Also you can do a taxi tour of the island. I think that would be better than a helicopter tour.

We dock at king's warf. Thursday and Friday until 4:30 is when we'll be there. We'll be in April 2018 so we'll be able to whale watch if we decide to. The Cessna idea seems like a good one though. Thanks for your feedback!

We dock at king's warf. Thursday and Friday until 4:30 is when we'll be there. We'll be in April 2018 so we'll be able to whale watch if we decide to. The Cessna idea seems like a good one though. Thanks for your feedback!

Good you are not beach people because April is not beach season there. If you book it you do have plenty of time to decide what to do in Bermuda.

check the forum here i think for heidi and her van tour. from memory i think it was 100 and a few people and her dog in a van and you get lunch and she does wonderful

yes things are very expensive. i was surprised to see local PA brands down in bermuda. turkey hill ice tea. amazing! things like frozen pizza were 13 or 15 bucks for box of ellios, the exact bread i get here for under 4 is about 8 there. stouffers tv dinners are about 7 or 8. i always go to local supermarkets in strange places to see if there is different candy and chips. thats my vice. i didnt have the nerve to ask the cashier how much they make but for 8 a loaf of bread, no way are they making 7.5 an hour. one great thing about the supermarket is you get local currency back in change so you can have a keepsake at home. most tourist shops will give you local money if you buy stuff there.

my 2 lunches were probably around 50, i forget the exact amount. but lets just say there's no getting away cheap there. but it doenst matter because it's so worth it!

take a peek at that other thread linked here and also go to the tourist sites of bermuda to get some ideas. i never would have heard about helmet diving had i not seen those sites. but april would be brrr cold to do that.

there's mini golf next to the dockyard for about 10 or 15 bucks but i never got to go.