No more adult only aft pools?

I am really disappointed to hear this. We are taking a Carnival cruise for the first time, celebrating a birthday and anniversary and REALLY dont want to be around a lot of kids. I dont mind staying out of their space if they stay out of mine but I dont want to share.

I am really disappointed to hear this. We are taking a Carnival cruise for the first time, celebrating a birthday and anniversary and REALLY dont want to be around a lot of kids. I dont mind staying out of their space if they stay out of mine but I dont want to share.

We've had some wonderful, relaxing times in the adult only pool on past cruises. Alas, those days are gone. We raised kids, love our grand kids but sometimes it's just nice to be away from the screaming, splashing, and jumping. All I can hope for is that enough adults crowd that aft pool that the kids just can't take it over.

Everyone. Women wear backless dresses & gowns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree. I don't wear backless/off the shoulder dresses/tops mainly due to that reason. Even some lower/more generous (as in wider) cut shirts can get tricky. It's not about anything other than how I would look in clothing for me.

Edited by firemanbobswife

Agree. I don't wear backless/off the shoulder dresses/tops mainly due to that reason. Even some lower/more generous (as in wider) cut shirts can get tricky. It's not about anything other than how I would look in clothing for me.

Ah. Hadn't thought of that.....probably since my wife doesn't wear that type of clothing.

That being said, with so many women wearing open back blouses with bras that aren't even close in color I would have thought a few tan lines would be almost unnoticeable these days.

Now if you were planning on running around topless I could see the desire for not having tan lines. ;p

Ah. Hadn't thought of that.....probably since my wife doesn't wear that type of clothing.

That being said, with so many women wearing open back blouses with bras that aren't even close in color I would have thought a few tan lines would be almost unnoticeable these days.

Now if you were planning on running around topless I could see the need for not having tan lines. ;p

Hahahahahaha! Nope. No running around topless for me (sorry to disappoint some of you [emoji6]).

I am amongst those that find it extremely tacky when a bra shows across a backless top, so yes tan lines would bother me. No offense to anyone that does this. Just that I personally don't think it looks good. If in fact it is the latest fashion trend, then so be it. I choose not to participate.

Hahahahahaha! Nope. No running around topless for me (sorry to disappoint some of you [emoji6]).

It could bring some civility and harmony to this world. Doesn't matter what religion or nationality a man is, if a women runs by topless, every single man will stop and stare. So you could be doing your bit to help bring about world peace. ;)

I am amongst those that find it extremely tacky when a bra shows across a backless top, so yes tan lines would bother me. No offense to anyone that does this. Just that I personally don't think it looks good. If in fact it is the latest fashion trend, then so be it. I choose not to participate.

I agree as I find it tacky as well but it seems so many women do it these days that tan lines would be so minor in comparison. But I understand why now. Thank you.

Because of the beautiful dresses they wear at night nerd [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, I agree if women wear open back dresses then a tan line may bother them (if they aren't wearing a bra). My wife has never worn that style of dress (nor will she go without a bra in public) so that thought never occurred to me until FBW mentioned it.

I agree! Totally bad move.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are we talking A) Removal of adults only aft pools on 7 Carnival ships. B) Women wearing a bra of a different color while wearing a backless dress or C) The elimination of the topless deck so women can no longer work on the elimination of tan lines so those backless dresses would look much nicer.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Are we talking A) Removal of adults only aft pools on 7 Carnival ships. B) Women wearing a bra of a different color while wearing a backless dress or C) The elimination of the topless deck so women can no longer work on the elimination of tan lines so those backless dresses would look much nicer.

All 3 are bad moves but only 2 are decisions made by Carnival. ;p

Looks like the we (adults, which I am most of the time) just need to show up at the pool, take up the loungers and fill the pool and maybe the rug rats will run! No fun in a pool filled with Grandmom's :cool:.

Welp, I just spent last week on the Carnival Miracle (which has an awesome serenity deck... complete with a pool, a bar & hot tub). Although the hot tub was always full, the pool was not only empty, but two times I saw empty beer cans floating in the pool. I'm still trying to figure out who are the grown folks, & who are kids?

Although the hot tub was always full, the pool was not only empty, but two times I saw empty beer cans floating in the pool. I'm still trying to figure out who are the grown folks, & who are kids?

Chronological age and maturity do not always go hand in hand.