No more adult only aft pools?

Awww, snap. I'm going to have to seriously look into this!

Yeah…… Me too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad that I could enlighten the two of you about other options out there. We are reserved on the January 27 sailing in an inside. Booked it about two years out and got 400 in OBC to boot. Ocean Caye is their own private island that is currently under construction that was supposed to be ready for this December, but it's tentatively being pushed back to November of 2018. The ships will spend their last day there and it will even have a 2,000 seat amphitheater and a section of the island will be dedicated to Yacht club only.

Glad that I could enlighten the two of you about other options out there. We are reserved on the January 27 sailing in an inside. Booked it about two years out and got 400 in OBC to boot. Ocean Caye is their own private island that is currently under construction that was supposed to be ready for this December, but it's tentatively being pushed back to November of 2018. The ships will spend their last day there and it will even have a 2,000 seat amphitheater and a section of the island will be dedicated to Yacht club only.

I absolutely can't wait to get back on Celebrity. I am super excited about Edge.

Here is a video about the MSC Yacht Club, which is a more economical version of the haven and many have suggested an even better experience. On the new Seaside, which is debuting in Miami in December, they even have a handful of inside cabins. It's a ship within a ship concept, with your own dedicated area that includes a restaurant, lounge, bar, pool area and all drinks are included as well. It just changed on April 1 to include those drinks ship wide. Prices for two in an inside are under 1300 pp, so total out the door including tips, taxes and airfare should run around 3500 or so.

Looks pretty nice except for the butler guy who looks kind of weird.

Do we have enough time for this? ;p

[....]

There are also non-policy based concerns I have with them such as the comparative food quality between MDRs, comparitive food quality in the buffet, pizza that is the worst I have ever tasted (even Sorrentos on RCCL tastes better than NCL's pizza).....

Whew. Having tried Sorrento's, NCL's sounds like frighteningly BAD pizza. :eek:

Whew. Having tried Sorrento's, NCL's sounds like frighteningly BAD pizza. :eek:

The only pizza I have ever eaten that tasted worse came from the on base pizzeria at Scott AFB. Now that was some truly wretched pizza. :eek:

I have to assume by 42CruiseCrazy's silence since he specifically asked what the issues were and I took the time to annotate the major ones that he must concur with my observations (some factual, some opinions). ;)

The only pizza I have ever eaten that tasted worse came from the on base pizzeria at Scott AFB. Now that was some truly wretched pizza. :eek:

I have to assume by 42CruiseCrazy's silence since he specifically asked what the issues were and I took the time to annotate the major ones that he must concur with my observations (some factual, some opinions). ;)

Somehow I missed your earlier post. Now that I found it and read it, I have to agree that many of the things you mentioned are true and I wasn't particularly happy about them either. Overall I think NCL offers a good product. There's one thing that I cannot agree with. I think it's only fair that the crew receive their gratuities even when the booze or specialty restaurants are offered as a "free" perk. Do you really want to stiff the wait staff and bartenders when they're working twice as hard to serve those free drinks and meals?

With regard to the pizza I have to agree with you. The pizza is not good. But then I don't take a cruise to eat pizza.

Civilian operated, I'm assuming?

Scott celebrates their 100th anniversary this year. In honor of the occasion, they're having their air show for the first time since 2012, when it was stopped due to budget cuts. Looking forward to it again.

Somehow I missed your earlier post. Now that I found it and read it, I have to agree that many of the things you mentioned are true and I wasn't particularly happy about them either. Overall I think NCL offers a good product. There's one thing that I cannot agree with. I think it's only fair that the crew receive their gratuities even when the booze or specialty restaurants are offered as a "free" perk. Do you really want to stiff the wait staff and bartenders when they're working twice as hard to serve those free drinks and meals?

As it is on Carnival and RCCL and used to be true on NCL (just prior to summer of 2015), gratuities were inclusive of the price, not added onto, for specialty restaurants. No, I don't expect the servers to work free. I expect NCL to pay those gratuities just like they are paying for the package itself. If one is expected to pay almost $100 a week per person for a "free" perk it isn't really "free", is it?

With regard to the pizza I have to agree with you. The pizza is not good. But then I don't take a cruise to eat pizza.

I don't cruise to eat pizza either but I eat pizza when cruising. Usually as a late night/early morning snack or during the second movie on Carnival.

Civilian operated, I'm assuming?

Scott celebrates their 100th anniversary this year. In honor of the occasion, they're having their air show for the first time since 2012, when it was stopped due to budget cuts. Looking forward to it again.

Yes. It was civilian operated under MWR (back in 1989). It's a shame I live in Florida now so I won't be able to see the airshow. Hope you have a great time.

"I expect NCL to pay those gratuities just like they are paying for the package itself. If one is expected to pay almost $100 a week per person for a "free" perk it isn't really "free", is it?"

Computer Nerd, Me thinks you expect too much from NCL. The perk is offered for free. The gratuity is the responsibility of the passenger. After all, the free drinks & meals are being served to me, not NCL.

"I expect NCL to pay those gratuities just like they are paying for the package itself. If one is expected to pay almost $100 a week per person for a "free" perk it isn't really "free", is it?"

Computer Nerd, Me thinks you expect too much from NCL. The perk is offered for free. The gratuity is the responsibility of the passenger. After all, the free drinks & meals are being served to me, not NCL.

I don't think it's unreasonable. The gratuities are included when you pick the drink package as a perk on Celebrity.

As it is on Carnival and RCCL and used to be true on NCL (just prior to summer of 2015), gratuities were inclusive of the price, not added onto, for specialty restaurants. No, I don't expect the servers to work free. I expect NCL to pay those gratuities just like they are paying for the package itself. If one is expected to pay almost $100 a week per person for a "free" perk it isn't really "free", is it?
Yes, it does stink to have to pay 100 for the grats, but the alternative on RCI and Carnival is to pay over 400 for their drinks packages including gratuities. And I do realize that the grats are included in the package on celebrity since I have enjoyed it multiple times, but on the other hand, you get the perk on NCL in an inside cabin, so the cost variable is out of whack compared to Celebrity's OV and above.

The perk is NOT offered free. The perk is only given IF you pay the gratuities on an inflated perk price. The two items are not mutually exclusive of one another so what you are getting is a perk at a reduced price but NCL keeps throwing out the "free" word to make people think they are getting something for free when they are not. That's just another policy of NCL I can't stand.

Don't get me wrong. If others like NCL and want to sail with them and think it's a good value, please enjoy them. Just don't put makeup on a pig and call it your girlfriend. ;)

Edited by Computer Nerd

Yes, it does stink to have to pay 100 for the grats, but the alternative on RCI and Carnival is to pay over 400 for their drinks packages including gratuities. And I do realize that the grats are included in the package on celebrity since I have enjoyed it multiple times, but on the other hand, you get the perk on NCL in an inside cabin, so the cost variable is out of whack compared to Celebrity's OV and above.

There are two other alternatives......don't sail NCL and/or don't drink (I do both of those). ;)

As for getting the perk on an inside cabin, that must be a new change because the last time I sailed on NCL in 2015 you had to book OV or higher to get the perk. Even my inside cabin in Nov 2016 which I ended up canceling 94 days out didn't come with a perk when I booked in March 2016.

There are two other alternatives......don't sail NCL and/or don't drink (I do both of those). ;)

As for getting the perk on an inside cabin, that must be a new change because the last time I sailed on NCL in 2015 you had to book OV or higher to get the perk. Even my inside cabin in Nov 2016 which I ended up canceling 94 days out didn't come with a perk when I booked in March 2016.

we got the drink package on our ncl cruise November! was charged 200 dollars for the grats.

200 bucks? that's about the cost of two ultimate bloody marys on royal a day on a five day cruise WITHOUT the friggin package!:loudcry:

on the enchantment a couple years ago I was getting my annual bloody mary and the bartend aksed me did I want the ultimate one? stupidly, I said I guess, well I guess WRONG! that thing was about 15 bucks!:( now it was good, but it wasn't 15 dollar good! they got this really spicy 5 pepper stuff here locally now and its pretty dang good with a couple olives or a celery stick and some half *** vodka

but we digress away from the pool discussion I guess, and, carnival breathes a sigh of relief as the masses lose focus......

I don't think they're relieved. An overwhelming majority of us are extremely disappointed with the pool decision. We're boarding the Glory in one week. We wouldn't have booked had we known they'd be allowing kids in every single pool on board...and if they don't change their policy, we'll be done with cruising for good. We've been going to adult only resorts instead of cruising...because there are just too few areas on a ship that are adult only. The pool decision was the last straw.

Many of us won't be back...When customers give up on a company...the company doesn't feel relieved.