No more adult only aft pools?

That looks like Vista and that was never an adults only pool.

Didn't say it was. It was in reference to a comment about enforcement of rules. Not only are rules not enforced, in this case it's celebrated.

Didn't say it was. It was in reference to a comment about enforcement of rules. Not only are rules not enforced, in this case it's celebrated.

Oh I'm not saying I agree with it at all I was just stating that it wasn't an adult only pool originally.

I don't understand why they think this is a good idea to advertise. True there weren't any kids in the pool, but what if there were? It appears to be recorded during sail away as there are lots of people looking over the aft end and the deck isn't otherwise crowded.

I do concur that Carnival does a pee poor job of enforcing the rules. It's my firm belief that it will remain that way until gratuities become mandatory as they are too afraid to upset the guests because they know a good portion of them will go and have them removed. Now if they ever actually change the policy, it remains to be seen. I know some will disagree with me and that's OK. However I feel very strongly that this is the case and nothing will convince me otherwise.

I saw a video today on Carnival's Facebook page showing a kid doing a cannonball into the aft pool from atop a fixed bench. Carnival is celebrating it and using it as an advertisement saying "If you don't yell "cannonball" before you cannonball, is it even a cannonball?" :rolleyes:

Here's a link:

Is it against the rules to cannonball in the pool?

I am perfect at 39 so that's where I choose to stay :D. 29 was too young and there was a lot still to be learned. Amazing what another 10 years can do to ya! ;)

39 was Jack Bennys age for 50 years!

If not, then it should be. For safety purposes alone. Not only for the person doing the cannonball, but also for anyone in the pool when they do. In the video, there happened to only be a few people in the pool and none near him when he landed. That's not always the case. Also, he's jumping off of something that isn't meant to be used for such purposes. One slip and it could've ended badly for him. In my opinion, it's very irresponsible of Carnival to glorify that.

That looks like Vista and that was never an adults only pool.

I believe you are correct but even with it not being an adult pool, adults are allowed to use it (and one is sitting with her feet dangling in the pool and gets splashed by the kid). It's sad that Carnival would publicize such an event.

Do you need every little thing to be spelled out? :rolleyes:

It IS against the rules to act in an unsafe manner in and around the pool and it is stated on the sign next to the pool.

Oh great. Just made Platinum and now I have to worry about kids in my adult pool? This is a huge deterrent on cruising Carnival, if there is no "serenity" area. Cause some folks don't control their kids and so this just adds more chaos in areas that I want to wind down from the noise. :mad: I'm not happy

And that, right there, is exactly why it's such a big deal that kids are now allowed in the adults only pools. Because certain parents don't see anything wrong with a kid launching himself from a bench and doing a cannonball into the pool. :rolleyes:

hi furry!

luckily we have run into the kids in the solarium areas on our royal cruises - SO FAR! and we are hoping on Oasis not to have probs.

as far as cannonballing, in the regular pools, there's no rules agin it! and it would be hard to justify it since the belly flop is a standard adult pool competition for their deck\pool games

On SERENITY areas, the thread is about the adult pools on just a certain handful of ships. Not the normal serenity areas, basically the valor class and part of the original story was that there were repairs being made in certain areas so they opened up access on some ships

when we saild on the Ecstasy last fall, during part of the cruise a small area was closed off to one side of main pool for a couple days. Once decking was replaced the area was opened and the opposite side decking was torn out and replaced later in the cruise. For a Halloween 6 day cruise it amounted to a small inconvenience. No big woop, but at some point later on, maybe if they were doing that at Christmas it might have been a problem. I didn't see anyone complaining and one guy had the smarts to get the crew to cut off a short piece of decking and date the piece for posterity! Bob and Debra were on their first cruise and Bob's hobby was woodworking so he was ECSTATIC! I thought dang, great idea but I didn't wanna be a follower so maybe next time......;p

Yes, Here are the pool/whirlpool rules per Carnivals website:

Pool Rules

• No lifeguards are on duty
  • Use pool at your own risk
  • Parental supervision is required for children under 13
  • Use ladders to enter and exit the pool
  • Watch your step on wet surfaces
  • Showers are required prior to use and recommended after use

The following is strictly prohibited:

• Children who are not toilet trained (and those in diapers or swim diapers) are not allowed in any of the water facilities onboard, as per United States Public Health Services. This includes the children’s wading pool on the Carnival Elation, Carnival Liberty, Carnival Miracle, Carnival Paradise and Carnival Victory. Toilet trained children should be taken on frequent bathroom breaks.
  • Diving or jumping in the pool. All pools are too shallow for safe diving
  • Glass containers
  • Smoking and eating
  • Horseplay – Act responsibly at all times

Using the Whirlpool

The whirlpools on the aft section of the ship are for ‘Adults-Only’ as well as those in ‘Serenity’. For all other whirlpools, children must be accompanied by an adult. Whirlpool hours vary and are listed in the daily Fun Times newsletter.

Whirlpool Rules

• No lifeguards on duty
  • Use the whirlpool at your own risk
  • Use ladders to enter and exit the whirlpool
  • Watch your step on wet surfaces
  • Water temperature varies; check before entering whirlpool
  • Showers are required prior to use
  • Use of the whirlpool should not exceed 15 minutes
  • Leave the whirlpool immediately if you experience any adverse symptoms such as dizziness, shortness of breath or drowsiness

Please consult a Physician prior to using the whirlpool if ‘you are taking prescription drugs, under the care of a physician, pregnant, or have high blood pressure, a history of heart disease, diabetes or similar conditions’.

The following is strictly prohibited:

• Diving or jumping into the whirlpool. All whirlpools are too shallow for safe diving
  • Use of the whirlpool by children without adult supervision. All children must be accompanied by an adult
  • Children who are not toilet trained (and those in diapers or swim diapers) are not allowed in any of the water facilities onboard, as per United States Public Health Services. Toilet trained children should be taken on frequent bathroom breaks. Note: This includes the whirlpools.
  • Use of the whirlpool by those who are immuno-compromised
  • Glass containers
  • Smoking and eating
  • Horseplay – Please act responsibly at all times

as far as cannonballing, in the regular pools, there's no rules agin it! and it would be hard to justify it since the belly flop is a standard adult pool competition for their deck\pool games
Carnival's rule is, no diving or jumping into the pools or hot tubs. There's a huge difference between a cruise sponsored belly-flop contest and kids going against the rules by cannonballing into a pool. If it's a sponsored activity, it's monitored and kept safe(er) by keeping innocent bystanders away from the person jumping in. Anyone getting splashed at such an activity obviously doesn't mind. That's not always the case when it's kids breaking the rule.

If you watch the video in post #674, the kid is not only jumping in, which is against the rules, he's using a bench as a jumping platform. Completely unsafe and if he had slipped and fell, he could've gotten hurt. It's unprofessional and shameful for Carnival to use a video of someone breaking their own rules as an advertising tool.

Carnival's rule is, no diving or jumping into the pools or hot tubs. There's a huge difference between a cruise sponsored belly-flop contest and kids going against the rules by cannonballing into a pool. If it's a sponsored activity, it's monitored and kept safe(er) by keeping innocent bystanders away from the person jumping in. Anyone getting splashed at such an activity obviously doesn't mind. That's not always the case when it's kids breaking the rule.

If you watch the video in post #674, the kid is not only jumping in, which is against the rules, he's using a bench as a jumping platform. Completely unsafe and if he had slipped and fell, he could've gotten hurt. It's unprofessional and shameful for Carnival to use a video of someone breaking their own rules as an advertising tool.

And if that bench is wet, that adds even more danger to the mix. Unbelievable!

I believe they did this same thing with the waterslide. I am sure they ran a commercial showing 5 kids going down the waterslide at the same time. Even though only 1 is allowed at a time.

same here. I was pricing cruises for next year, and Celebrity (which also prices in Canadian dollars for us), and included standard beverage package plus wifi, worked out to be just a couple of hundred dollars more than Carnival. I also am wanting to try NCL newer ships with solo cabins. I know Carnival is really trying to draw in the families and market itself as the family cruise line, but they are sure not doing much to draw me back. Sorry for the negative, but is just the way I feel about it.

We did a wind star cruise last month and it had only three children on the ship and the minimum age is eight. We just found our new cruise line

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

As the previous post (687) explains, Carnivals website does in fact prohibit cannonballing, but as with the majority of their rules, they are rarely enforced because they don't want to upset their "paying customer". And regarding the justification, there is no comparison between a kid cannonballing and an adult participating in an organized belly flop contest. The cannonballing kid in the video is so wrong on many levels. If he was on the edge of the pool and he slipped, he would more than likely just fall into the water. On the other hand, jumping off of the elevated seat, which requires body projection into the pool, increases the possibility of injury via slippage.

Hopefully Carnival will follow the procedure of other main stream cruise lines and introduce lifeguards like RCI and NCL will be doing.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

We did a wind star cruise last month and it had only three children on the ship and the minimum age is eight. We just found our new cruise line

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We were looking at Windstar, but after our wonderful Viking River cruise, we booked with them, but I'm keeping Windstar in the wings [emoji6]

Viking Ocean does not allow anyone under 18 on the ocean cruises. I'm so looking forward to it.

We've got another Carnival cruise but it's on the Sunshine which has that great Serenity Deck with a pool and we have an aft wrap. I think that's the only way I'll be booking Carnival. The Spirit Class ships work also.

But like you, I think I've found my new go to cruise line and it's not Carnival

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And that, right there, is exactly why it's such a big deal that kids are now allowed in the adults only pools. Because certain parents don't see anything wrong with a kid launching himself from a bench and doing a cannonball into the pool. :rolleyes:

I didn't say I don't see anything wrong with it , it's really unsafe and rude, but I asked if it was against the rules because of the video that carnival made.

I think it would be better off to leave the aft pool as an adults only space during the day, but maybe they could have some kind of kids/family night events back there. Every cruise I have been on, the aft pool is totally empty at night.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Ugh. Just thinking about how many times a kid has jumped in the pool and gave me a good dose of salt water in my drink. That chaps my a**

You're the adult. You should have had the forethought that the little darlings would accidentally cause sea water to splash into your drink that you paid 10 bucks for. After all, after seeing the promotional video that Carnival has, they are encouraging them to do it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

• 3 months later...
Could it be related to the fact that the kids are heading back to school now?

This message may have been entered via voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

No. See towards the end of this thread. Posts of particular interest being 338, 340, and 343.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2481821