Restaurant Choice with Dining Packages

IrieMRP

Hey everyone, I have a few questions regarding the specialty dining packages! I logged into the cruise planner today to book a specialty dining package for an upcoming cruise, and noticed that the description now includes : "Book different restaurants for lunch and dinner, or revisit your favorite restaurant over and over again… the choice is yours. " The last time I booked a 4 night specialty dining package it included one dinner at both Murano and Qsine, and two dinners at Tuscan Grille. Am I correct in interpreting the new wording to mean I can now dine at Murano for each night purchased if I wish? That's what it seems to indicate now, so I was just wondering if anyone has been able to do this successfully! Secondly, does anyone know if there is a way to pre-reserve specific specialty dining times in advance, or must this still be done onboard? I was hoping to pick specific days in advance so I could reserve select dining times for the remaining nights. Thanks in advance for any assistance! :beer-toast:

It is my understanding that you are no longer required to do the Murano, Qsine, 2 Tuscan combo but we haven't tried the "new" package. From what has been reported on the boards you select the night (1st or 2nd) for your first dinner & Celebrity picks the restaurant. The remainder can't be booked until you are on the ship.

We had a package in February and now you are able to book Murano for all dinners included in the package if that is your wish. However, be aware that Murano fills fast. There were many nights that were completely booked solid so get there early to make your reservations if you only want to eat in that one restaurant for all dinners included in your package.

Since it was so full, we decided to do the dinners at each one of the specialty restaurants on the Equinox. Our last one, we repeated Murano again but for a nice lunch as we had a late night planned in port. Their lunch was excellent, as was their dinner.

Thanks for the replies! Glad to know we can book specific restaurants now and not just one of each! While I wish we could book the times in advance, I will settle for trying to get to the ship early to get our preferred restaurants.

You can eat wherever you want. We ate at them all. Here is my review.

Silk Harvest: beyond wonderful. We had spring rolls, cream cheese won tons, shrimp won ton soup, orange chicken, chicken fried rice, pepper steak, mochi ice cream and lemongrass creme brulee - we loved everything and have another reservation for our last night here.

Tuscan Grill: beautiful aft restaurant. Go at 6 pm to see the sunset. Nice bread basket, then a charcuterie tray, we both had the filets which were nicely cooked. I had the carbonara which was a bit heavy but nice. My husband had spaghetti with a pepper sauce which he liked.

Murano: we ate their twice. I had the lobster bisque one night and the spinach salad the other. My husband had the gost cheese soufflé both times where I heard moans of pleasure. We had the chateaubriand bith nights and swear it is the best cut of beef ever. For dessert they give you six candies and my husband had the dark chocolate soufflé both nights and I had the orange souflee one night and the dark chocolate souflee the other.

Gastropub: do not bother

Sushi on Five: wonderful

If you select Sushi on 5 for a lunch or dinner option, are all of your selections free? Or do they set a $$ limit that you can use?

Friends that did that in January said that you could have as much as you wanted. I am not a sushi fan and my wife isn't a fish fan. We were invited there for the Captain's table an were a bit concerned. It was the best meal we had on the ship for the full two weeks. Everything was so good. I would highly recommend trying it, especially with the dining package. Our friends went there twice.

Friends that did that in January said that you could have as much as you wanted. I am not a sushi fan and my wife isn't a fish fan. We were invited there for the Captain's table an were a bit concerned. It was the best meal we had on the ship for the full two weeks. Everything was so good. I would highly recommend trying it, especially with the dining package. Our friends went there twice.

Can you tell us what you and your wife ordered that you liked so much? Myself, I love the lobster ramen!

MVP- Thank you for the information and pictures regarding Sushi on 5! It never occurred to me that we might be able to use a night of our specialty dining package to dine there. DH and I are avid sushi fans at home and we avoided Sushi on 5 on our last cruise ( I wasn't a fan of the old free buffet sushi and assumed Sushi on 5 would be a similar style!) Your lovely pics have changed my mind, we will definitely check it out next time! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MVP- Thank you for the information and pictures regarding Sushi on 5! It never occurred to me that we might be able to use a night of our specialty dining package to dine there. DH and I are avid sushi fans at home and we avoided Sushi on 5 on our last cruise ( I wasn't a fan of the old free buffet sushi and assumed Sushi on 5 would be a similar style!) Your lovely pics have changed my mind, we will definitely check it out next time! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You will be glad you did. It is great!