Anyone ever walk to Art Mel's Spicy Dicy from the Hamilton Ferry?

brookmill18

There is also a bus but I think we might walk back after taking bus there. Is it a pleasant walk or basically just residential streets? Also--where do people sit to eat sandwiches--is there a good outdoor spot to sit near by?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I was just going to ask this same question...

Looking at Google Maps, the distance is 2.2 km (per the walking route directions), which is certainly walking distance for us. HOWEVER, looking at street view, it looks like a very boring, sparse route with nothing to see. For that reason, we won't waste the time.

Does anyone know what a taxi might cost to go the estimated 6 minute ride there from the ferry terminal?

We are aware it is take out only, which is why we want to go. We have no interest in sitting and dining anywhere.

Looking at Google Maps, the distance is 2.2 km (per the walking route directions), which is certainly walking distance for us. HOWEVER, looking at street view, it looks like a very boring, sparse route with nothing to see. For that reason, we won't waste the time.

Does anyone know what a taxi might cost to go the estimated 6 minute ride there from the ferry terminal?

We are aware it is take out only, which is why we want to go. We have no interest in sitting and dining anywhere.

I would estimate the taxi fare would be $9 for up to 4 passengers, $11 for 5 to 7, plus tip, weekday and Saturday travel.

Taxi fare is based on distance; time is only considered when waiting.

SBtS

It is said a taxi is the best way because it is off the beaten path, difficult to find, and up a hill. It also has been said it is in a bad neighborhood but that could just be tourist talk. I don't know if that is true.

You could walk it and report back. Then we would have a first hand report from someone who walked. [emoji57]

Since it is takeout with no place to sit I would take a taxi for that reason. I would eat the sandwich in the park by the ferry terminal.

Edited by Charles4515

Thanks for the replies. Now I am considering skipping it all together, because I see that sometimes there are long waits for the sandwiches, and I wouldn't want the taxi to wait around that long. Ugh. Too bad the other location isn't still open.

My husband would definitely want to walk it. Anything, anywhere, any elevation, any weather that is less than 2 miles should be walked, in his opinion.

I think I might check out a food truck instead. Or stick with eating on the ship.

thanks!

I'm glad this question was asked. I would love to try this place, but seems like a lot of trouble to get there. Anyone have any other ideas? 9$ cab each way would be too much to pay for a "cheap" place to grad a bite, even though it sounds so unique! Does anyone have any other ideas of a reasonable and casual place to grab a quick bite in Hamilton during the Wed night street festival?

I'm glad this question was asked. I would love to try this place, but seems like a lot of trouble to get there. Anyone have any other ideas? 9$ cab each way would be too much to pay for a "cheap" place to grad a bite, even though it sounds so unique! Does anyone have any other ideas of a reasonable and casual place to grab a quick bite in Hamilton during the Wed night street festival?

Art Mels is probably best suited to those taking a taxi tour or renting a scooter.

As far as reasonable and casual, prices are high in Bermuda. Any sit down place is going to cost more than similar fare in the USA. At Harbour Nights there are a few more reasonable take away food stands for a quick bite.

During the mid day there has been a food truck near the Ferry Terminal. Maybe more than one. I had a fish sandwich at one behind the ferry terminal. Six or seven years ago. There is a park there. I can't say that it was anything special but it satisfied my hunger.

Edited by Charles4515