Price drop - can I get a refund/change rooms?

Hi! Apologies for asking a question that's probably been asked a million times.

My boyfriend and I recently booked last month for our first ever cruise for later this year (Dec on Independence). And we noticed that there has been a significant price drop since we booked (about £350 overall)... in fact the balacony rooms are cheaper (by about £100) than our ocean view.

What are our options here, are we able to get this pricing applied to our current booking, or should we cancel and rebook (we booked on the low £25pp deposit). :confused:

Sorry if this is common knowledge, the whole cruise thing is new to us and we're a little lost!

Ahhh ok. We booked from the UK via Royals website. Perhaps I'll look to cancel and rebook since our deposit was only 25pp.

Other folks have reported doing this. Sounds like losing 50 pounds to save 350 is a pretty decent gain! You probably can't do it online and will have to call.

Edited by LeeW
more

The same thing happened on our cruise so I gave RCI a call but didn't get anywhere - they said they don't do that sort of thing but they would ask the revenue dept ...never heard back from them!!. I could have cancelled & rebooked but when I next checked the prices they had gone up and I wouldn't have been saving enough to go through starting a new booking. Strangely enough just last week I got an email from RCI asking if we would be interested in upgrading to a GS!!! I have no idea why we should have been offered an upgrade but we jumped at the chance as we would never be able to afford a GS cabin under normal circumstances.

Thanks guys! Because of Cruise Critic I kept of an eye on the price!

We rang them as the price had dropped even more since I posted (£600 overall). So they actually advised on the phone to cancel and rebook. Forfeited our £25pp deposit and banked a £550 saving, and they also threw in $100 OBC. So overall very happy! 😀

Thanks guys! Because of Cruise Critic I kept of an eye on the price!

We rang them as the price had dropped even more since I posted (£600 overall). So they actually advised on the phone to cancel and rebook. Forfeited our £25pp deposit and banked a £550 saving, and they also threw in $100 OBC. So overall very happy! 😀

Well Done - kind of give you a warm fuzzy feeling when that happens:)