Any recommendations for the best way to get to Miami from Fort Lauderdale

Mattnvick

We are booked on the Divina in November of this year and are starting to look at flights. Into Miami or into Fort Lauderdale. Obviously Miami would be the most convenient but if a decent price came up with Fort Lauderdale does anyone have any recommendations for firms they have used to get from the airport to a Miami hotel. We will be flying in on the Friday. Thanks

We used MJS Transportation this past March to go from the Miami Cruise Port to the Fort Lauderdale airport. They were on time and effcient. It is a shared vehicle. I think it cost $13 per person. The van was a brand new mercedes van with leather seats, very clean and comfortable. We will use them again next year.

Cheapest does not always equal best. We used Uber which was only marginally more than a shared shuttle. Our driver picked us up within three minutes of calling and it was $30 for a private transfer of two from FLL to our South Beach hotel, but if you have more than four people the shuttles may be more logistically sound.

Cheapest does not always equal best. We used Uber which was only marginally more than a shared shuttle. Our driver picked us up within three minutes of calling and it was $30 for a private transfer of two from FLL to our South Beach hotel, but if you have more than four people the shuttles may be more logistically sound.

We second this! Very good service and price for our Uber trip in January.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

There will be 4 of us did you use regularly Uber or upgrade to a larger vehicle - I'm just thinking about luggage as we will have 4 cases

There will be 4 of us did you use regularly Uber or upgrade to a larger vehicle - I'm just thinking about luggage as we will have 4 cases

As two we used regular. An UberXL can handle four people and luggage. The driver will usually call you first and if you have an extreme amount of luggage you can confirm what size vehicle they have. At FLL in the phone app you state how many passengers you have and which size vehicle you want. They pick you up right between terminal one and two at the taxi/shared ride platform.

If you're willing to spend a little more, we used Larry's Limos and for $130 (including extra tip we gave based on great service) made the ride in a brand new (9 week old) MKT stretch limo. This was for four people with a good amount of luggage. Granted we had booked the SUV Guarantee but if they have a limo, they will send it first. It was a nice relaxing way to start the cruise and balanced by the free room the Fairfield Inn gave us for moving us to a different room because AC wasn't working.

Hey!

I have the perfect answer to this question as I did exactly this. During my time around fort lauderdale/Miami i think I used every mode of transport available including shuttles, taxis, Uber's etc.

I've written here how I found each mode of transport including how long each journey took and how much it cost. http://cruisingisntjustforoldpeople.co.uk/2017/01/07/fort-lauderdale-airport-to-the-port-of-miami/

Hope that helps :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My family and I rented a mini-van from Hertz for our cruise and stayed at the Conrad Hilton. The Hilton has a Hertz desk in the lobby, so when we arrived I checked in the vehicle to avoid the $30 parking fee. I rented the van about 5 months before the cruise and paid at the time I made the reservation. Total cost was $58 plus the cost of topping off the gas tank (about $3) before we arrived at the hotel.

My family and I rented a mini-van from Hertz for our cruise and stayed at the Conrad Hilton. The Hilton has a Hertz desk in the lobby, so when we arrived I checked in the vehicle to avoid the $30 parking fee. I rented the van about 5 months before the cruise and paid at the time I made the reservation. Total cost was $58 plus the cost of topping off the gas tank (about $3) before we arrived at the hotel.

I think if you have a group of more than 2 and don't mind driving that's the absolute best way to go. Less money and flexible in case you need to make a stop for something you forgot. That's a great rate too.

GO transportation is located right at the Fort Lauderdale airport outside of luggage claim.

They always have luxury vehicles on hand.

I think it cost us about $80. the last time we took them. Well worth it.

You do not have to do any coordination of time since they are located right there.