Time to take a Stand on No Adult Ony Pools

You have an outdoor area. It's called Serenity. Most of the time kids only want to be at the back pool when it is raining or just terrible weather. Their parents have to pay full fare as well and they deserve to have the same spaces as adults. Just remember the fact that you were kids once.

The main pool is big enough for the kids onboard. Kids can have lots of fun in the main pool and don't need the aft pool as well. There are more couples without children who cruise and just want some quiet time to relax and unwind without having kids splashing water close by. No one is calling for kids to have no pool, just not both pools.

You have an outdoor area. It's called Serenity. Most of the time kids only want to be at the back pool when it is raining or just terrible weather. Their parents have to pay full fare as well and they deserve to have the same spaces as adults. Just remember the fact that you were kids once.

Conquest does not have Serenity....

Carnival and celebrity sailing the Carib and now in the summer have the same age group when u take the kids out of the equation.

Less kids go to X some more money but you will never look back..

I do think there will be a pivot in the future for ccl, they will take the now all children pools and make one a pay for area at some time .. just a guess but I do believe it's on the way..

but if you want to try a min of children and not saling with blue hairs. Try the equinox out of miami

Carnival and celebrity sailing the Carib and now in the summer have the same age group when u take the kids out of the equation.

Less kids go to X some more money but you will never look back..

I do think there will be a pivot in the future for ccl, they will take the now all children pools and make one a pay for area at some time .. just a guess but I do believe it's on the way..

but if you want to try a min of children and not saling with blue hairs. Try the equinox out of miami

And we have. Two or our next three cruises (29 nights in total) are on Celebrity. Our other is a Viking River cruise. Just one on Celebrity so far, but it was great. We can afford it so maybe the time has come to make a change. Carnival has been fun but obviously our business isn't as important to them as attracting families. I hope it works for them...I own stock. I'll just spend my vacation $$ elsewhere.

I'll never understand the hype of swimming in an 8ft by 15 foot disgusting pool anyway. I've been on multiple cruises and the wife and I have never set a toe in the pool or hottub. I wouldn't get in my neighbors bath tub after they use it and sure ain't getting in a pool with 2000 strangers have access too. We also never get into a Jacuzzi at a resort. I can only imagine what filth and body fluid are in those pipes. Our friends swear they seen a couple having sex in one last year on vacation.

Not sure which Carnival pools you've been swimming in but that has never been our experience. We did a B2B on Freedom in June, a week on Freedom in Feb ( with our grandson so no we don't hate kids) and several Conquest cruises. Pools have always been spotless places were adults could relax, drink and talk in peace.

Sorry your experience has been different.

I've never understood the fascination with postage-stamp-sized fecal pools on cruise ships. Have never used one in all my cruises. I would guess being from SoCal and now Arizona that's probably a factor as everybody has access to pools and jacuzzis regularly here. (there's two of them below my condo window as I click). :)

Cruisers leaving Carnival, especially over little things, is always music to my ears. Supply and demand indirectly determines cabin pricing. How about that no tablecloths idea? or no past cruiser party ? or the embarkation scheduling times ? Getting pissed yet ? :rolleyes:

While I agree it was nice to have a kid-free pool, this is only a few ships. Specifically the ones that didn't have a Serenity Deck, correct? So why the huge up-roar? I wonder how many of those complaining even sail on those few ships or do they sail on the larger ones?

The new rule is on 7 ships, the 5 Conquest class as well as the Splendor and the Triumph. 22 out of the 24 ships in the fleet have a Serenity area, with the Triumph and the Conquest being the two that don't, but the Conquest is getting a brand new Serenity area during it's dry dock in September according to JH.

I've never understood the fascination with postage-stamp-sized fecal pools on cruise ships. Have never used one in all my cruises. I would guess being from SoCal and now Arizona that's probably a factor as everybody has access to pools and jacuzzis regularly here. (there's two of them below my condo window as I click). :)

Cruisers leaving Carnival, especially over little things, is always music to my ears. Supply and demand indirectly determines cabin pricing. How about that no tablecloths idea? or no past cruiser party ? or the embarkation scheduling times ? Getting pissed yet ? :rolleyes:

Not everyone lives in SoCal or Arizona so not everyone has 2 pools below their condo window as they read this thread. Some people enjoy taking a dip in a pool when they are on vacation.

Picture something you enjoy on a cruise. Now imagine if Carnival removes that thing.

LOL, I remember it well. It was that time in life when "rules were rules" and kids were treated as kids. Not as mom and dad's best friend. We were raised to respect the rules and taught that throwing a temper tantrum only got your butt swatted or you were grounded from doing your favorite activity. And yes, my mom and dad enjoyed time with other adult friends while we played with our friends. I was allowed to go out and play and had to be home when mom yelled for us or when the street lights came on. Through it all my brother and I became responsible adults who don't cry when we are told we can't do something. And to top that off, my parents didn't throw a temper tantrum when their kids were not invited to something that was for adults. Now, as an adult I would love to enjoy an adult area without having to put up with precious angels who have parents that think their kids deserve to have everything. Let your kids grow up having fun with the understanding that when they become adults they will then get to enjoy an adult area. Leave them something to look forward to.

Not everyone lives in SoCal or Arizona so not everyone has 2 pools below their condo window as they read this thread. Some people enjoy taking a dip in a pool when they are on vacation.

Picture something you enjoy on a cruise. Now imagine if Carnival removes that thing.

We enjoy the ship and it's hard to imagine Carnival removing those.:D

Even Disney has an adult only pool AND adult only areas that are strictly enforced. Why is it so hard for Carnival, RCCL, Princess,etc. to make one of the pool areas adult only and enforce it?
RCI has their solarium area, Celebrity has their solarium area or thalassotheraphy area depending upon the ship and Princess has their Sanctuary.

However, adults who pay full fare and spend much of the money on a cruise need and deserve a place where we can go to swim, relax, drink( bar revenue ) and have a good time without the screaming and splashing that goes with kids.

Since when do children pay a lesser fare? They do not. A mother and her daughter go on a cruise together and they each pay full fare. Discounted fare for 3rd or 4th passenger in a stateroom is not based on age.

I have been on 2 Carnival ships at this point: Dream and Triumph. In both cases when I wanted to go in the pool I just went in the pool. It didn't matter if there were 2 kids or 20 kids in the pool at the time I went. I never had an issue with them because I didn't look at the pool with kids in it and say that I am no going in because of them. They did their thing and I did my thing and we didn't bother each other.

Also, I will say that in regards to me personally witnessing poor/disruptive behavior on the ship --- at ALL times it was an adult doing it and not a kid.

So I personally will not be calling to complain nor do I believe that Carnival making the pools all-inclusive is a bad thing.

Pretty soon they will want adults only dining.

Is that an option? where do i go to sign up for that!!!! :D

a place to go where we dont have to listen to "mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, dadday, daddy, daddy, daddy.....he is touching me, he is looking at me.....mommy, mommy, mommy, little johnnie took my butter...." would be a GREAT idea!!!!

First, even if there is a Serenity area offered, CCL needs to police and clear the area of Hogs on a regular basis, the same as how they are supposed to do by the pools.:rolleyes:

The aft pools needs to be an alternative to Serenity for adults, which fill up fast and become inaccessible.(by Hogs?)

This is coming from me, a "cruise pal" who isn't interested in the "pool scene" or Serenity.

BUT, I do understand the concern, and side with those objecting to a lack of "adult" areas.

C'mon CCL, quit trying to be a Disney wannabe.

First, even if there is a Serenity area offered, CCL needs to police and clear the area of Hogs on a regular basis, the same as how they are supposed to do by the pools.:rolleyes:

The aft pools needs to be an alternative to Serenity for adults, which fill up fast and become inaccessible.(by Hogs?)

This is coming from me, a "cruise pal" who isn't interested in the "pool scene" or Serenity.

BUT, I do understand the concern, and side with those objecting to a lack of "adult" areas.

C'mon CCL, quit trying to be a Disney wannabe.

As has been mentioned many times Disney has several areas that are adult only, including a pool, so obviously CCL isn't trying to emulate them.;)

I don't think I'll "stand" for this issue .I'll lie like a chair-hog . Not a biggie .

I cannot even believe this is an "issue" (which it really isn't. "All over social media"? I think not)

Only an "issue" on CruiseWhining, er, Cruise Critic.

To not book a cruise because of this?

You people must be loads of laughs at parties.

YMMV.

Andy

I agree with you but isn't your comment just as over-the-top as the angry mob's ?

MARCO...POLO...MARCO...POLO....MARCO.... it never stops.
The funniest comments are those that are true . :D

LOL, I remember it well. It was that time in life when "rules were rules" and kids were treated as kids. Not as mom and dad's best friend. We were raised to respect the rules and taught that throwing a temper tantrum only got your butt swatted or you were grounded from doing your favorite activity. And yes, my mom and dad enjoyed time with other adult friends while we played with our friends. I was allowed to go out and play and had to be home when mom yelled for us or when the street lights came on. Through it all my brother and I became responsible adults who don't cry when we are told we can't do something. And to top that off, my parents didn't throw a temper tantrum when their kids were not invited to something that was for adults. Now, as an adult I would love to enjoy an adult area without having to put up with precious angels who have parents that think their kids deserve to have everything. Let your kids grow up having fun with the understanding that when they become adults they will then get to enjoy an adult area. Leave them something to look forward to.

well said i remember those days to bad we have gotten away from how some of us were brought-up

Not sure which Carnival pools you've been swimming in but that has never been our experience. We did a B2B on Freedom in June, a week on Freedom in Feb ( with our grandson so no we don't hate kids) and several Conquest cruises. Pools have always been spotless places were adults could relax, drink and talk in peace.

Sorry your experience has been different.

Have to agree here. On my last cruise on Conquest in October I was amazed at how clean the aft, then-adult-only pool was. I was using goggles to swim underwater laps and the water was as crisp and clear as any I've seen; every detail could be seen from one end to the other.

--And this was AFTER a full day's use. They drained it and refilled it with seawater after they closed it after midnight.

RCI has their solarium area, Celebrity has their solarium area or thalassotheraphy area depending upon the ship and Princess has their Sanctuary.

Exactly. Where the other lines will put in specific tranquil areas, Carnival will cram in cabins. They even took lounge area away from one ship and put in cabins.